You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

What are the chances? Is this a real story or a smokescreen? I cant for the life of me see it happening, especially with him having to have bought his contract out already with the 15 day after the season end ruling, and they'd never sell to us would they?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think he's a back up option, with Chiellini being the first choice.

Rafa alledgedly wants three more players; a left back, a winger and an attacking midfielder who can play on the wing.

Chiellini, Mancini and Renato would make this a perfect summer :)

If Liverpool sign Heinz but wont go to 19m to get Mancini then I will not be a happy Bunny

We need to spend the money on a winger, if we have a limited budget that is

19m! what shit are you smoking?

the player you refer to has a price IMHO and its around 8-10m any more than that and you are paying over the odds

At 19m you shouldnt be out on your own

19m! what shit are you smoking?

the player you refer to has a price IMHO and its around 8-10m any more than that and you are paying over the odds

At 19m you shouldnt be out on your own

Have you ever seen Mancini play? He's one of the top three players in Italy, and one of the top three wingers in the world.

Saying he's worth around 8-10m is like saying Gerrard is worth 8-10m.

Personally I think he's a back up option, with Chiellini being the first choice.

Rafa alledgedly wants three more players; a left back, a winger and an attacking midfielder who can play on the wing.

Chiellini, Mancini and Renato would make this a perfect summer :)

Who is this guy and were we every linked with him..just curious..As for an attacking midfielder who can play on the wing - does anybody think giles barnes might be worth a try.

hmm...this isn't going away is it. Seems more likely than unlikely at this stage:

Reds set to follow Torres signing with £6m deal for Heinze

By Andy Hunter

Published: 03 July 2007

Liverpool will this week respond to Rafael Benitez's demands for ambition in the transfer market by following the club record purchase of Fernando Torres with an audacious attempt to lure Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United.

Liverpool's manager has identified Heinze as the man to bring resilience to the left back at Anfield and, despite overtures from Italy and Spain for the Argentine, plus the problems in a transfer between the fiercest rivals in English football, is confident a deal worth £6m can be struck.

Benitez began to explore the first direct transfer from Old Trafford to Anfield in 43 years last week and has been encouraged by the response from Heinze's representatives to instruct Liverpool's hierarchy to prepare a formal bid.

While the Argentina international, 28, has expressed an interest in a move to Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid, and United would prefer him to move abroad, those clubs are yet to register an offer, and Liverpool's bid will enable Ferguson to reclaim much of the £6.9m paid to Paris Saint-Germain in 2004 and swell his funds for a new striker.

Heinze lost his first team place to Patrice Evra last season and has struggled to find the form he showed before a knee ligament injury against Villarreal in 2005. He has promised a decision on his return from the Copa America.

Liverpool's main transfer priority remains Atletico Madrid striker the Torres, who is expected to seal a £27m move in the next few days, having cut short a holiday to return to Madrid yesterday. Both the fee and personal terms have been agreed. Although he had been holding out for a four-year contract, the Spain international is expected to sign a six-year deal that will increase his £60,000 a week wage at Atletico to £90,000.

Atletico have signed the former United forward Diego Forlan for £14m from Villarreal and will today complete the £5m-rated transfer of Luis Garcia from Liverpool. Although both parties insist Garcia is not a makeweight in the Torres transfer, his departure will leave Liverpool with a bill of around £22m for Atletico's captain.

Robbie Fowler said he has had no offers since being released by Liverpool.

Who is this guy and were we every linked with him..just curious..

Assuming he's not talking Renato the Sevilla midfielder then he's talking about Renato Augusto latest Brazilian flavour of the month who although a good player hasn't really been around long enough to justify huge transfer fee's.

Barely broken through at Flamengo and probably too early to move to Europe, certainly the Premiership, just yet.

Have you ever seen Mancini play? He's one of the top three players in Italy, and one of the top three wingers in the world.

Saying he's worth around 8-10m is like saying Gerrard is worth 8-10m.

Saved me the explanation I would prefer him to Torres

If we did get him we would defo win the title

We'd deffo win the title if we signed Heinze? What the fuck is that assertion based on?

Assuming that he gets anywhere near his pre-injury form, and also magically recaptures his lost pace, I still fail to see how a defensively competent LB who isn't very adept at going forward could possibly be the final missing link for the title.

It's not like our defence has been shipping goals in the 5 or 6 years that Riise been playing here, on the contrary, it's one of the meanest defences in the country, and has been since Houllier.

So, please, do explain yourself, because you've lost me here.

I'm not convinced by Heinze. He was excellent in his first season but he hasn't convinced me he is the same player post-injury. On that basis alone I'd be tempted to stick with Riise.

Then again, if Heinze proved his fitness he would be a good signing. He could also groom Insua and teach him all the sneaky tricks in the book that you are only able to pick up once you have 200 first team games at the highest level under your belt. If we get 3 very good years out of Heinze and then a fully schooled Insua for the next decade, then this could be a great signing.

I can't shake his injury from my mind though, and he hasn't looked the same player to me since then.

Guest TK-421
We'd deffo win the title if we signed Heinze? What the fuck is that assertion based on?

Assuming that he gets anywhere near his pre-injury form, and also magically recaptures his lost pace, I still fail to see how a defensively competent LB who isn't very adept at going forward could possibly be the final missing link for the title.

It's not like our defence has been shipping goals in the 5 or 6 years that Riise been playing here, on the contrary, it's one of the meanest defences in the country, and has been since Houllier.

I think he's talking about Mancini.

It shouldn't even be a question of whether Heinze is a good enough player for us. It should be that he would be a traitorous bastard of the highest order if he signed for us from the Mancs. Imagine one of ours going the other way, and how much we'd feel let down.

I don't want a player here that would clearly have no concept of loyalty if he even considered moving here. If Owen was to join the Mancs we'd do our best to erase him from the annuals of time, and that would be via two other clubs.

It would say a lot about the man if he were to move here.

Beanz Meanz Mancini.

Guest TK-421

Maybe he doesn't give a toss about the rivalry and just wants to play football.

It shouldn't even be a question of whether Heinze is a good enough player for us. It should be that he would be a traitorous bastard of the highest order if he signed for us from the Mancs. Imagine one of ours going the other way, and how much we'd feel let down.

I don't want a player here that would clearly have no concept of loyalty if he even considered moving here. If Owen was to join the Mancs we'd do our best to erase him from the annuals of time, and that would be via two other clubs.

Exactly.