Quantcast
Favourite member of The Wu-Tang Clan? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Favourite member of The Wu-Tang Clan?

Favourite member of The Wu?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite member of The Wu?

• RZA (Pronounced 'The Rizza')
    • GZA (Pronounced 'The Gizza' for the amusement of his English fans)
    • Method Man
    • Ol' Dirty Bastard
    • U-God
    • Raekwon The Chef
    • Master Killa
    • Ghostface Killah
    • Inspectah Deck

Who can't love The Wu? Clearly, no-one as my very first TLW poll proved. However, we're now a much broader church, so here's the 2007 remix of that poll. Who is your favourite from the original (and best) line-up? Vote for any reason you like, but vote.

Now I've set my poll up (cunningly leaving out the original tenth option of "Wu who? I can only love guitars"), I can't decide who to vote for. Four of my all-time favourite MCs are in that line-up (Meth, ODB, Rae and Ghostface) and my opinion constantly changes as to which is the best. Plus I love RZA for creating the whole mythology of The Wu. If anyone wants a right laugh, buy his book, The Wu Manual. It's fucking ace: 'The Mathematics', kung-fu, comics, drug dealing and hip hop.

I like RZA's Ode to O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill. Aside from that I'm not overly familiar with them.

RZA's coolest ever moment in a lifetime filled with them is his cameo in Ghostdog: Way of the Samurai playing the warrior Ghostdog passes in the street. They acknowledge each other with a nod. Ace.

RZA's coolest ever moment in a lifetime filled with them is his cameo in Ghostdog: Way of the Samurai playing the warrior Ghostdog passes in the street. They acknowledge each other with a nod. Ace.

Its years since I've seen that. Jim Jarmusch is ace. Might download that tonight.

Guest Jay W

Can't say, I like a few of them, mainly Method Man, Gza and Ghostface. Anyone who doesn't like Knock Knock by Gza/Genius though is a major Hip Hop retard.

Ghostface with 'The Champ' is another..

I don't know any of them but Ol' Dirty Bastard has the best name.

Well in, Stouff. Voted for like a man who votes in every poll. That's the spirit.

Tough but I've gone for Ghostface as he's the only member that has made more than one decent album (Ironman, Pretty Tony, Fishscale) Raekwon (BOFCL) and Genius (Liquid Swords) have had their moments too.

Rza is no doubt a great producer but I was so disappointed by the Bobby Digital stuff one or two great tunes but the rest wu-filler.

Like Stouff I have a complusion to vote; and I know fuck all about this subject, so i've left my 13% gayness take over for the purposes of voting.

I vote Inspectah Dech as he hasn't got any votes yet and all you boys should play nicely.

Ghostface as any of his solo work I've heard stands up as well as the Wu - Fishscale was particularly ace. Best name too.

ODB and RZA could just have easily have gotten my vote though for consistently inspired rhyme madness and slick beats respectively.

I like RZA's Ode to O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill. Aside from that I'm not overly familiar with them.

That was annoying as hell. "O-Ren Ishii, half Chinese, half Japaneseie" Lyrical genius that.