You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our captain...

Chris

our great club has never bowed down to arrogant, egotistical, superstar footballers, and we won't start with one we brought through our system.

if chelsea boy doesn't like it, he knows where to go.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard has stressed twice now (I think, atleast once anyways) that he's more than happy with his role with us and yet people will continue to blab on about it...

Fuck off! Find something else you cunts...

not sure i got the exact wording right earlier, in fairness to the sour-faced git. he said, in a very stern manner, that "i'm a central midfielder, and i've spoken to the manager about it and now that sissoko is out (not momo) i should now get to play a lot more in the middle"

it was keys and rednapp who made a lot more out of it than gerrard, to be fair. rednapp was the one insinuating that there had been a fall out between manager and player.

Im beyond caring where Gerrard plays, as long as the team starts playing better than we have been away from home. The red tops are obsessed with 'where should gerrard play' in the same way they were obsessed with rafa's team selections.

And I certainly dont have an axe to grind with Gerrard, unlike this raddy/momo character does.

(btw, has it been scientifically proven that raddy is the psycho that used to be called momo or whatever his last incarnation was? His style is identical).

Steven Gerrard has revealed that he is likely to get the chance to operate in the centre of midfield for Liverpool.

England star Gerrard has been asked to play in a number of different positions by Rafa Benitez in the last couple of seasons, but an injury to Mohamed Sissoko has opened the door for a return to the centre of the park.

Gerrard again played on the right against Arsenal on Sunday, with Boudewijn Zenden filling in for Sissoko, but the club's captain has revealed that he will get his chance to shine in the middle in the near future.

"I spoke to Benitez and he said I will get a lot more time in the middle now Sissoko is out injured," Gerrard told Sky Sports News.

Liverpool travel to Middlesbrough at the weekend and Gerrard is looking for The Reds to show improvement on the road.

He added: "We need to start picking up performances on the road for Liverpool, so we look forward to the game on Saturday."

sly sports

Nowt wrong there

Guest FarmersBoy
Ray Kennedy being compared to Steve Gerrard?

These examples of 20 years ago and others is not comparable.

Rashid, often I can find some sense or something that is thought-provoking in what you write. But your continual assertions that football is only 15 years old are crass in the extreme. This is a truly genuine suggestion. I think you should go a buy all the videos you can right back to, and including 1965, and watch them. Why? Because what you seem to miss when you make statements like this is that, for most Liverpool fans, that epoch wasn't just a golden era to be looked at through sepia-tinted specs. It's the blueprint for the KIND of succcess we are desperate for our club to achieve now. We don't want trophies at any cost - that would mean we were Chelsea but playing in red. We want a club that wins with the right ethos, that is properly and demonstrably attached to its city in both its actions on the pitch and its demeanour off it. And we want players who cleave to the cause rather than to their own ambition.

That is why you can never say that what went on 20 years ago is not relevant.

Oh, and if you must gob off about Prada shoes and how comfortable they are, do use the proper vernacular for a Liverpool website. 'Trainings' sounds like something Borat might say.

They're trainees.

"I spoke to BENETIZ and he said I will get a lot more time in the middle now Sissoko is out injured," Gerrard told Sky Sports News.

Couldn't help but notice that Gerrard called his manager by his surname, small thing maybe but i thought it was a bit odd as i can't recall any other player saying "Ferguson told me" this or "Wenger told me to play like this". Just smacked me of a little lack of respect.

you'd expect him to call one of his team mates by their first name aswell, wouldn't you?

the guy is a fucking tosser and i hope he decides to throw another wobbler and join chelsea.

These things are often paraphrased at best. He may have said 'the manager' or 'Rafa' in the actual interview. Don't let that get in the way of a good witch-hunt though.

but he didn't.

These things are often paraphrased at best. He may have said 'the manager' or 'Rafa' in the actual interview. Don't let that get in the way of a good witch-hunt though.

I heard the interview and he said Benitez, i just thought it was a bit odd. I'm a fan of Gerrard as he's done some memorable things for us but that just grabbed my attention and i really hope its nothing.