You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reading

Dirk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just disappointing to see lesser teams battering Sheffield United when we failed to do so, that's all. I don't want to dwell on it, but... garghhahgagghh.

Yeah, I agree but in our defence, and it's scant consolation, Sheff Utd are more vulnerable because they are attempting to attack Reading. We need to learn to break teams down when they stick 11 men behind the ball.

Just makes our opening day capitulation against Sheffield United look all the more embarrassing.

Agreed,

It just shows what a fucking appalling shiete performance and result it was and all those twats on here saying it wasnt that bad a result and performance because Sheff utd would take points off a lot of teams at Bramall Lane

Fucking clueless, it was fucking shite :wallbutt:

Rant over

Guest TURNBULL ACs
Yeah, I agree but in our defence, and it's scant consolation, Sheff Utd are more vulnerable because they are attempting to attack Reading. We need to learn to break teams down when they stick 11 men behind the ball.

This is the secret to winning the title . Roy Evans never really got to grips with it neither did Houllier , so let's hope Rafa works it out . He's not doing a bad job of it so far but one or two games make all the difference to a season and can be the differnce between finishing first , second etc . Sheff Utd being a classic example .

Playing a newly promoted team on the opening day of a new season, with the crowd right up for it, was always going to be tough, especially when we lost two key defenders so early in the game and had to bring on some inexperienced new players. It was a good point in the end.

This is the secret to winning the title . Roy Evans never really got to grips with it neither did Houllier , so let's hope Rafa works it out . He's not doing a bad job of it so far but one or two games make all the difference to a season and can be the differnce between finishing first , second etc . Sheff Utd being a classic example .

Wigan are 1-0 up and Andy Johnson has been stretchered off.

Playing a newly promoted team on the opening day of a new season, with the crowd right up for it, was always going to be tough, especially when we lost two key defenders so early in the game and had to bring on some inexperienced new players. It was a good point in the end.

Fuck off with this appologist shit

it was fucking woeful and fucking out of order and 2 points lost

Rafa fucked it as he did at Goodison

Im Rafa's biggest fan but in both games he was more concerened about the CL game following the PL games

Guest TURNBULL ACs
He was right to be more concerned with the champions league game. There was a lot of important money riding on it.

In all honesty I'd rather him concentrate on the PL . As the great man said " It's been good in Europe but the league is our bread and butter that's what we aim for" . It's about time we put in a real challenge for the title this season , with the team we have now it is possible .

In all honesty I'd rather him concentrate on the PL . As the great man said " It's been good in Europe but the league is our bread and butter that's what we aim for" . It's about time we put in a real challenge for the title this season , with the team we have now it is possible .

I'd rather we concentrated on the league this season but that quote no longer rings true. A lot has changed in football since those words were uttered, finance has greater prominence than it did then and due to the financial pressure of football management, Europe is the yardstick.

In all honesty I'd rather him concentrate on the PL

That's easy to say when we hadn't yet qualifed for the champions league proper and had already spent the money. I'm sure Rick Parry knew which game was more important.

There was only Xabi, Crouch and the injured Finnan missing that day anyway, so it was hardly wholesale changes.

And this doesn't concern you anyway. You'll be in mid-table before long, wallpusher.

Guest TURNBULL ACs
I'd rather we concentrated on the league this season but that quote no longer rings true. A lot has changed in football since those words were uttered, finance has greater prominence than it did then and due to the financial pressure of football management, Europe is the yardstick.

But the point is if we don't concentrate on the league we might not qualify for the CL again next year and so miss out on a pot of gold . Yes , we might win the thing again this year but I'd rather make sure we qualify for next year thru' the Pl .

Guest TURNBULL ACs
That's easy to say when we hadn't yet qualifed for the champions league proper and had already spent the money. I'm sure Rick Parry knew which game was more important.

There was only Xabi, Crouch and the injured Finnan missing that day anyway, so it was hardly wholesale changes.

And this doesn't concern you anyway. You'll be in mid-table before long, wallpusher.

Go take your face for a shit . I am not a bitter . Read my posts!!! :wallbutt: :wallbutt: :wallbutt: