You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wank Phrases people use at work.

bri

Not exactly the same but there are a number of 'healthy living' messages posted up along the corridors and stairways where I work reminding us that you burn more calories using the stairs than taking the lift, etc. I dont know about anyone else but they just bring out the adolescent in me. Fuck off, I'll do what I like, comes to mind

The latest buzz phrase with our bosses is ' getting into the ribs of it' as in a sentence such as ' right , we've talked a bit about this new product, but now we need to get into the ribs of it'.

Must have heard it 10 times in a one day course last week.

The latest buzz phrase with our bosses is ' getting into the ribs of it' as in a sentence such as ' right ' date=' we've talked a bit about this new product, but now we need to get into the ribs of it'.

Must have heard it 10 times in a one day course last week.[/quote']

Not sure if that's better or worse than our old area manager loudly clapping his hands then rubbing them and shouting "Right, lets crack on!"

I am irritated by colleagues describing service users as being 'distressed.' What's wrong with the 'upset', I want to know. I'm sure its not the way they describe their own friends and rellies

The latest buzz phrase with our bosses is ' getting into the ribs of it' as in a sentence such as ' right ' date=' we've talked a bit about this new product, but now we need to get into the ribs of it'.

Must have heard it 10 times in a one day course last week.[/quote']

That's funny. I think I might use it for a laugh.

Hate all this shit me. Have been looking around at a few jobs lately and anything corporate just sends shivers down my spine and makes me want to go and work in the woods. "Do you have a track record of influencing decision matrices?" no, because I don't even know what that means - and neither do you.

HR departments are partly to blame for how hard it is to get jobs now. Time was you'd phone the boss, he'd have a chat with you to make sure you're not a psychopath, and you'd get a trial period. Now you've got some 17-year-old temp throwing your CV in the bin because you only got a D in RE.

I know but is there a better description out there?

It used to be clients but that's not really right either. Service users is the latest buzz phrase in the voluntary sector. Like Col, I try to use the word people as often as I can, or refer to individuals by their first name.