You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe asking the question again

Red Nick

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW9163051107-1342.htm

good article the part that stands out for me is

Suddenly, Liverpool have a platform to launch a strong bid for a top four spot. And with Rafa's 'what to do list' on the boardroom table, who knows? Will the club start convincing us their intentions match those of the manager in the months ahead?

He said something very similar after the Fulham game, so will the board actually come up with the money, CB doesnt seem convinced they will.

Also i can tell him why Morientes and Garcia were woeful, there fair weather golfers ie when were on top they look great, havent seen either of them do something to change a game were struggling in. Both are good offenisve players but tend to hide after a good kicking.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW9163051107-1342.htm

good article the part that stands out for me is

He said something very similar after the Fulham game, so will the board actually come up with the money, CB doesnt seem convinced they will.

Also i can tell him why Morientes and Garcia were woeful, there fair weather golfers ie when were on top they look great, havent seen either of them do something to change a game were struggling in. Both are good offenisve players but tend to hide after a good kicking.

League cup final.

Garcia was the man who was constantly asking for the ball when we were playing badly.

Forward players will very rarely shine in a struggling side.

League cup final.

Garcia was the man who was constantly asking for the ball when we were playing badly.

Forward players will very rarely shine in a struggling side.

you and i have different views about that game, my view of that game was that Garcia kept giving the ball away when he just needed to keep possession, however after that game he improved ten fold and is now beginning to get back his form of the end of last season.

Your right most offensive players dont look good in a struggling side, however in Dalglish, Cantona and Shearer you have players who produced the goods when the team was up against it but those players are few are far between.

is now beginning to get back his form of the end of last season.

So what you slagging him off for? He was man of the match in the previous two games, one bad game on Saturday and you put him in the same bracket as Morientes, do me a favour eh!

however in Dalglish, Cantona and Shearer you have players who produced the goods when the team was up against it but those players are few are far between.

How many times did the little fella produce the goods last season in the CL? Or were we not up against it in the Chelsea and Juve games?

So what you slagging him off for? He was man of the match in the previous two games, one bad game on Saturday and you put him in the same bracket as Morientes, do me a favour eh!

How many times did the little fella produce the goods last season in the CL? Or were we not up against it in the Chelsea and Juve games?

We were on top in those games when Garcia produced the goods in those games.

Your right about putting Garcia in the same bracket as Morientes in away games that was unfair of me. I was just making an observation about the pair of them, hardly slagging Garcia off.

What i mean about the top match winning forwards like Dalglish was we could be getting hammered and he'd produce the goods to win us the game.

We were on top in those games when Garcia produced the goods in those games.

Your right about putting Garcia in the same bracket as Morientes in away games that was unfair of me. I was just making an observation about the pair of them, hardly slagging Garcia off.

What i mean about the top match winning forwards like Dalglish was we could be getting hammered and he'd produce the goods to win us the game.

Garcia is a good player, he can blow hot and cold and he can be frustrating but criticising him cause he isn't comparable to Kenny Dalglish is very unfair, I wish he fcukin was too but then its a pity Cisse isn't like Ian Rush & Kewell isn't John Barnes.........

i know im gonna get slated BIG TIME for this

but i do have the same argument everytime i watch a Barcalona game about Ronaldhino, im not doubting his skills, jesus, far from it, but when the game is nil all and tight, he seems to misplace passes liek nobodies business, tries stupid flicks that never come off, then, once the game is in Barcas favour, thats it, he`s on song

i havent noticed this too much with Garcia, i think he can be sometimes the most frustrating player in the world, but against birmingham away a few weeks back, he came inot a tough away tie and got a goal, same with norwich away last year

as for Morientes, ive lost all faith in him for the premiership ,he`ll never cut it in this league

Garcia isn't the same player away as he is at home but he never gives up and he's well worth a place.

I think the problem is that you can afford one player of that type - but you're going to struggle if you've got a Morientes,Zenden or Kewell not pulling their weight as well.

you and i have different views about that game, my view of that game was that Garcia kept giving the ball away when he just needed to keep possession, however after that game he improved ten fold and is now beginning to get back his form of the end of last season.

Your right most offensive players dont look good in a struggling side, however in Dalglish, Cantona and Shearer you have players who produced the goods when the team was up against it but those players are few are far between.

As I remember it, in the day of the 12 man squad, Kenny was substituted fairly often when things were not working out for us. But I've drunk a lot of beer since then.

Garcia seems to be falling into the Danny Murphy trap a little bit. He has a series of poor games, then when the criticism is reaching a certain point he pulls his finger out and produced a couple of excellent performances... then slips back into a bit of a rut. He's had more poor games than good ones this season, anyway, but I'm of the same opinion on him as I was last season - until someone better comes along he's usually worth having in the team for his goal threat and ability to produce something unexpected.

Garcia is worth his place now, but won't be if and when we have the team we all hope we'll have in January. Too inconsistent.

I agree if we're talking about league-games. He's ace in the CL

A couple of wingers will free up the "in the hole"-position which I think is his best

When we have the ball but Garcia doesn't he's brilliant. Finds great positions and runs into space well. When Garcia has the ball he's a disaster. When the other team has the ball he's better than should be expected for the type of player he is.

He's supposed to be a creative player though and most of the time all I see him do is create frustration. He can't pass. He just can't.

When we have the ball but Garcia doesn't he's brilliant. Finds great positions and runs into space well. When Garcia has the ball he's a disaster. When the other team has the ball he's better than should be expected for the type of player he is.

He's supposed to be a creative player though and most of the time all I see him do is create frustration. He can't pass. He just can't.

People wonder why I don't have complete faith in Rafa???????????

He's signed Crouch who people are telling us needs at least 4 different players before his style will bear fruit and Garcia who is brilliant without the ball but shit with it.

Who was the idiot who introduced a ball into this game? :wallbutt:

People wonder why I don't have complete faith in Rafa???????????

He's signed Crouch who people are telling us needs at least 4 different players before his style will bear fruit and Garcia who is brilliant without the ball but shit with it.

Who was the idiot who introduced a ball into this game? :wallbutt:

Rafa seems to have a classic case of Hermesitus; can't admit when he's wrong 8)

Yep, one of them's certainly a bit of an old fraud who seems to mystifyingly attract the admiration of people bright enough to know better.

I don't admire Hermes -- I think he's a bit of a knob; I do think he's right about certain things though, at certain times.

I don't think pulling stats out of your arse is ever going to convince anyone of anything though.

Now run along, you puckish rapscallion.

Do you remember the derby at Anfield last year? Did Garcia get a 'good kicking'? Did he hide?