You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

I've seen a few people on social media, and on here, arguing that, if you support Ukraine in their war against Russia, then you'd be a hypocrite, or worse, if you don't equally support the Palestinians in their war against Israel. While I don't think the two are directly comparable, to those who do make that argument, surely the reverse must also be true - that if, for example, you're spamming threads every day on here to show support for the Palestinians, then we can expect to see you expressing your support for the Ukrainians with equal fervour on the relevant thread here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

The Brits at it again. 

https://www.theirishstory.com/2020/02/20/the-black-and-tans-in-palestine-irish-connections-to-the-palestine-police-1922-1948/

“On the 30 April 1922, 760 recently disbanded members of the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) and its Auxiliary Division (ADRIC) disembarked at Haifa in Palestine.

They arrived there as the British Section of the Palestine Gendarmerie, a strike force and riot squad recruited at the instigation of the secretary of state for the colonies, Winston Churchill.

This British Gendarmerie was the start of a strong association between Ireland and the police of the British Mandate of Palestine that would last until the British withdrew in 1948.” 

I only read that recently. Interesting article. Almost like they wanted to mirror Ulster in the middle east.

Ireland's experience with the Black and Tans would have made Irish people logically side with the Palestinians, you would think. Although there was a large number of Irishmen who were in the Palestinian Gendarmerie. Hard to tell whether they were Protestant/Unionist Irishmen.

4 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

He was banned previously for his very liberal use of the N word. He’s a bit of a racist.

So I've heard. But I was referring to that specific post.

There's also a poster @Planet Origi who has repeatedly been racist towards Jews on this thread, yet still posts on here, and doesn't get anything like the same condemnation for those comments. 

39 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

What is your problem? I've never had a pop at you. I've never insulted you. Yet you feel the need to have a go. So who is is acting the big man? It aint me.

I dare say in real life if we were to meet I would tear you inside out but this isn't real life so you prob have the upper hand but if you can post 1 single instance of me being offensive that would be good.

Yet a man can't knock another man out with a punch? Fuck me Dalton calm down 

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

There's also a poster @Planet Origi who has repeatedly been racist towards Jews on this thread, yet still posts on here, and doesn't get anything like the same condemnation for those comments. 

Most people ignore him. But feel free to quote his repeated racist comments and I'll personally condemn them. 

17 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I only read that recently. Interesting article. Almost like they wanted to mirror Ulster in the middle east.

Ireland's experience with the Black and Tans would have made Irish people logically side with the Palestinians, you would think. Although there was a large number of Irishmen who were in the Palestinian Gendarmerie. Hard to tell whether they were Protestant/Unionist Irishmen.

ireland have been one of the few countries to show support for palestine.

39 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I've seen a few people on social media, and on here, arguing that, if you support Ukraine in their war against Russia, then you'd be a hypocrite, or worse, if you don't equally support the Palestinians in their war against Israel.

I think you are twisting the argument a bit here.

Supporting the Ukraine doesn’t mean you should equally support Palestinians. But it  certainly means you are expected to at least not have an issue with other people who do.

39 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

While I don't think the two are directly comparable, to those who do make that argument, surely the reverse must also be true - that if, for example, you're spamming threads every day on here to show support for the Palestinians, then we can expect to see you expressing your support for the Ukrainians with equal fervour on the relevant thread here.

Genius.

I just came back from watching my son’s Sunday League football match. I cheered every one of his touches at the top of my voice. Was I supposed to do the same for all of the other players in the team (who I support and want to do well nonetheless)? Of course not.

But, if another parent next to me was vocally cheering for his son, and I asked him to lower his voice, then THAT certainly would have made me a hypocrite.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

He has literally just typed that he’s wants Arabs and Jews to fuck off.

21 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Supporting the Ukraine doesn’t mean you should equally support Palestinians. But it  certainly means you are expected to at least not have an issue with other people who do.

Genius.

I just came back from watching my son’s Sunday League football match. I cheered every one of his touches at the top of my voice. Was I supposed to do the same for all of the other players in the team? Of course not.

But, if another parent was vocally cheering for his son, and I asked him to lower his voice, then THAT certainly would have made me a hypocrite.

What? So using your analogy, Ukraine are the opposing side to Palestine?

Regards the first point, that's not what I'm referring to. I've said what I've seen people saying, and it's not just about others supporting Ukraine but having a pop at those who support Palestine. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

What? So using your analogy, Ukraine are the opposing side to Palestine?

How did you reach this conclusion?

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Regards the first point, that's not what I'm referring to. I've said what I've seen people saying, and it's not just about others supporting Ukraine but having a pop at those who support Palestine. 

Yeah .. whatever .. not interested in going around in circles.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Yes I do and Catholics, Protestants, and the whole lot of them. Is that racist?

Yes, saying you want Arabs to fuck off is racist. You do understand that being an Arab is not dependant on your religion? You want an entire ethnic group to fuck off.

You are incredibly stupid.

31 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Genius.

I just came back from watching my son’s Sunday League football match. I cheered every one of his touches at the top of my voice. Was I supposed to do the same for all of the other players in the team (who I support and want to do well nonetheless)? Of course not.

But, if another parent next to me was vocally cheering for his son, and I asked him to lower his voice, then THAT certainly would have made me a hypocrite.

Try your analogy the other way round, you only ever boo the Jewish kid on the other team even though the other non Jewish kids commit far more fouls. Does make you an anti semite  

• Thanks 1