You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Player of the year ....

dave u

I think Carra`s contribution is way overrated. He has really done nothing this season!

My top five would be!

1. Salif Diao..For that crucial goal against Millwall.

2. Mauricio Pellegrino.. The king of our defence.

3. Harry Kewell.. Hard work and consistent wing wizardry.

4. Vladimir Smicer.. The hard man in midfield

5. Jose Miguel Gonzales Rey.. The spanish Carra.

(6)

Guest FrankH

mine would be:

1 Carra

2 Finnan

3 Riise

4 Garcia

5 Alonso (as Dave said would have been higher if he played more games)

I honestly reckon Traore deserves to be there more than Gerrard.

Mine would be much the same as everyone else's, I think. Carra, Finnan, Riise, Xabi, Sami, Luis, and Djimi in roughly that order. (I know that's not five, btw - it's just the players I think deserve to be in with a shout.)

1. Carra - no explaination necessary.

2. Djimbo - the most improved player in English football in years.

3. Finnan - he's turning into Carra Mk II with his composure and focus.

4. Garcia - his first touch is sublime, his vision can be breath-taking and he can score from anywhere.

5. JAR - that left foot should be registered as a lethal weapon, and I can't remember ever seeing a player work so hard for the full ninety minutes for every game over an entire season. The journos go on about Lampard's fitness, but JAR pisses all over him.

For me, there's no way Xabi can be in because he missed so much of the season and so many crucial games. I do expect him to push Carra very close next year, though.

"i had to include him for the goal against olympiakos"

If the Game against olympiakos gets you in that flo po or gerd should be there, they did far more to turn that game around.

No they scored match saving goals whereas he scored a match winning goal! When he scored that goal it was at a time when there could be no more chances and he had to seize the moment and he did.

Equally lets not forget the match winning performance against Graz that got us to the CL.

Stevie has been average by his own high standards this season but nowhere near as bad as some people on here paint him.

"i had to include him for the goal against olympiakos"

If the Game against olympiakos gets you in that flo po or gerd should be there, they did far more to turn that game around.

Granted there was far better performers on the night against olympiakos, such as flo, mellor and kewell (you cant say that many times about harry). but it will be stevie's goal that will long live in the memory.