You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - Sun 21st Jan 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

It's hard to find the words when someone has lost a loved one as words alone never seem adequate. Sincere condolences @suzy @bossy @BeefStroganoff. It was this time 10 years ago I was at my own dad's funeral. Still smile today at the fact that he'd be calling this current team shite and they weren't fit to clean the boots of the '77 team.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I love the way the Bournemouth fans all jeered Jota's miscontrol before his second goal, just like they jeered Nuñez's poor touch in the League Cup a few weeks ago.

Do those pricks never learn?

I only watched the first 30 minutes, but “ironic cheer” seemed to be their main song.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I love the way the Bournemouth fans all jeered Jota's miscontrol before his second goal, just like they jeered Nuñez's poor touch in the League Cup a few weeks ago.

I’ve only just found out they were singing ‘shit Andy Carrol’ at Darwin. I watched it with the sound down whilst an Indian covers band played 80’s hits. ( I wasn’t at home, I must add that.)

29 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

It's hard to find the words when someone has lost a loved one as words alone never seem adequate. Sincere condolences @suzy @bossy @BeefStroganoff. It was this time 10 years ago I was at my own dad's funeral. Still smile today at the fact that he'd be calling this current team shite and they weren't fit to clean the boots of the '77 team.

That’s just a dad thing. Mine still isn’t convinced about TAA or Alison!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I rewound it a few times. It actually gets funnier the more you watch it. 

• Upvote 1

I think there’s a very definite pattern, having seen very similar performances over this season from the team on the field, regardless of injuries. There’s a number of different narratives around us this season like ‘unconvincing, but getting results’ ‘not quite in their top stride, but doing enough’ and ‘yet to get into top gear’

I think, personally, whether it’s coached or it’s instinct or a combo of both, we’re seeing a Liverpool side that is playing to it’s opponents level and intensity. We adapt through the game to get a result, but try never to over expend our energy - use up our football ‘currency’.

Yes we have more in the tank as it were, and we see it the games where it matters.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Red Shift said:

I think there’s a very definite pattern, having seen very similar performances over this season from the team on the field, regardless of injuries. There’s a number of different narratives around us this season like ‘unconvincing, but getting results’ ‘not quite in their top stride, but doing enough’ and ‘yet to get into top gear’

I think, personally, whether it’s coached or it’s instinct or a combo of both, we’re seeing a Liverpool side that is playing to it’s opponents level and intensity. We adapt through the game to get a result, but try never to over expend our energy - use up our football ‘currency’.

Yes we have more in the tank as it were, and we see it the games where it matters.

Totally agree.

That was obvious when we played United then Arsenal in a couple of days. We got to the level of the other team.

It often happens in football, that’s very hard to be consistent, at top level. It demands quality obviously, shrewd management and time. 

I genuinely believe we are team who are still carving out a new identity, but who are somewhat ahead of schedule so to speak and who have achieved more so far often in difficult circumstances than expected.

It bodes really well.

The biggest thing though has been the midfield overhaul - getting rid of the walking footballers and actually being able to tackle, win 2nd balls and not have players constantly strolling through us at will and onto exposed and isolated defenders has been massive - and the changes have helped us going the other way too - midfielders scoring and helping make goals! Transformative - and it feels very much like there is better to come too as players become more comfortable and familiar with what we are doing and building.

The mindset/mentallity of the team has been spot on and very much so in adversity - something we have had often and we haven't wilted.

The attack whilst not looking as fluent/exciting and cohesive as the front 3 of mane, firmino and salah at their best are very effective and all 5 contribute - at times it is like we soften teams up and tire them out with 3 of them then bring 1 or 2 of the others on to deliver the knockout blow.....The attack really is a full 5 man thing and the options are plentiful and seem capable of helping us solve different puzzles.

We've had some injury issues and some bad ones at that, but we've coped and it does not feel like there is a massive drop off when we have to/choose to make changes like it has at times in past - good to see.

If we get and keep most fit for rest of this campaign i feel confident that we have gears we can still move into and we haven't seen the best of this team and what it can do this season....that is exciting and it is even more exciting in terms of what it could mean in coming seasons too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1