You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Paul Tierney a cunt?

Elite

Cunt?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Is Paul Tierney a cunt?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/23 at 15:08

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Was Hooper the ref who fucked up in the Spurs game?  If so I thought Webb said he’d not have anything to do with our games for the remainder of the season.

Think he was talking about Darren English who was on VAR at Spurs.

Can take the offside one, but the Nunez ‘foul’ was a fucking joke, didn’t even look like there was any contact & the Burnley player didn’t even appeal. Was at that point I had to turn the comms off as they were agreeing with the foul. Even after watching 20 times, theres nothing conclusive that he even touched him. I’ll never understand this ‘clear & obvious’ rule, he blowed for a foul, the replays show it wasn’t, so it’s ‘clear & obvious’ he got it fucking wrong. That rule was brought in so it in can be used to counter every single possible decision. It wasn’t clear & obvious, it was clear & obvious, it’s a fucking joke. That handball v Arsenal was the final, in a long line of straws for me. On the same day the Forest player got sent off for a fair tackle. It’s getting really hard to get up for these games now, we should be excited given where we are in the table but the game is being totally ruined. Never felt like this before, this is by far the worst season for VAR. Webb has to fuck off now, under his watch it’s become so bad. Every team getting had off every week, the handball rule is a fucking joke. The amount of ‘apologies’ given out tells you how bad everything is. 

31 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Can take the offside one, but the Nunez ‘foul’ was a fucking joke, didn’t even look like there was any contact & the Burnley player didn’t even appeal. Was at that point I had to turn the comms off as they were agreeing with the foul. Even after watching 20 times, theres nothing conclusive that he even touched him. I’ll never understand this ‘clear & obvious’ rule, he blowed for a foul, the replays show it wasn’t, so it’s ‘clear & obvious’ he got it fucking wrong. That rule was brought in so it in can be used to counter every single possible decision. It wasn’t clear & obvious, it was clear & obvious, it’s a fucking joke. That handball v Arsenal was the final, in a long line of straws for me. On the same day the Forest player got sent off for a fair tackle. It’s getting really hard to get up for these games now, we should be excited given where we are in the table but the game is being totally ruined. Never felt like this before, this is by far the worst season for VAR. Webb has to fuck off now, under his watch it’s become so bad. Every team getting had off every week, the handball rule is a fucking joke. The amount of ‘apologies’ given out tells you how bad everything is. 

I keep saying it, but inventing arbitrary imaginary thresholds like "clear and obvious' allows enough ambiguity to allow the officials to arrive at whatever decision they want. As soon as people come to terms with this and stop trying to find a rational explanation to inexplicable referring, the quicker we can begin to solve the problem. Which begins with the removal of Webb, and the separation of VAR from PGMOL.

These referees have to stop marking their own homework. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

This clear and obvious test also removes accountability. It allows a ref to fuck up and then his mates back him up by effectively saying another ref may also have made the same decision so nobody’s in the wrong and all’s well in the PGMOL world. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Jennings said:

If that push was by a striker who went on to score, VAR would 100% rule it out.

Well they would if it was us. I'm pretty sure if Burnley had scored that goal you describe yesterday, Tierney would have offered to score the goal, ripped his shirt off to celebrate and then book Gomez for getting in the way of his celebration. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

what this means basically, is that that cunt Tierney fucks us over completely, and referees us way more than the others, AND he gives us less big decisions for and more for the others, AND more big decisions against us and less for the other. it's a fucking corrupt cunting organisation that we're up against let alone the oil cheating cunts.

6 minutes ago, niallers said:

what this means basically, is that that cunt Tierney fucks us over completely, and referees us way more than the others, AND he gives us less big decisions for and more for the others, AND more big decisions against us and less for the other. it's a fucking corrupt cunting organisation that we're up against let alone the oil cheating cunts.

I was going to say that's unbelievable but it really isn't. Is anyone at the club paying attention to this? Surely there's an avenue for complaint?

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

I was going to say that's unbelievable but it really isn't. Is anyone at the club paying attention to this? Surely there's an avenue for complaint?

If Tierney had done half the crap against united than he's done against us when ferguson was in charge, he would've had him in the Scottish Highlands division 3.

38 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Haven't we kind of burnt that bridge when klopp said Tierney was the only ref he has an issue with? 

I guess so, but I don't see why they can't continue to point out the obvious?

I was thinking more in terms of the mounting long-term evidence against him though - there surely must be someone at the club paying attention from a legal standpoint?

59 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I guess so, but I don't see why they can't continue to point out the obvious?

I was thinking more in terms of the mounting long-term evidence against him though - there surely must be someone at the club paying attention from a legal standpoint?

I don't know how all that works to be honest. We have never seemed good at it, which is why so many refs fuck us. 

10 hours ago, Manny said:

He was probably worse yeah, but I’m still seething with Tierney about the first disallowed goal. The commentators are like “oh he blew his whistle straight away” but he doesn’t does he? There’s the incident between Darwin and the Burnley defender, then the loose ball breaks to Gakpo, then Gakpo takes a touch inside the next defender, then takes a shot and only when the ball is crossing the line does he blow up. What’s he waiting for, if not to screw us over? A Burnley advantage while we’ve got the ball in their penalty area?

I don’t think it’s a manc thing with him - at least not primarily anyway. I think he’s got beef with Klopp and he just enjoys flexing his muscles in front of him in a “what are you gonna do, I can screw you over good and proper and there’s not a thing you can do to stop me” power trip way.

He’s the worst cunt I’ve seen refereeing at any level anywhere in 30+ years watching football. In it for all the wrong reasons but the leadership of refereeing is so weak at the moment that he’s actively rewarded for his self-indulgent behaviour.

You really nailed it here. The commentators were doing my head in, saying Tierney blew the whistle long before Gakpo took the shot. But that wasnt true at all. The ball was on the way to the net when he blew up.