You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 13-17 2023)

tlw content

wtwheader.jpg

Monday Feb 13:

L 2 Everton 0. Yep, that’s what we needed. Absolutely nothing to complain about here. Everyone played well, we scored two fantastic goals and it was a good all around performance where we looked like we’re supposed to look. I do think Everton’s ultra negative approach helped as the last thing we need at the moment are teams taking it to us and exposing our frailties, but Everton were unwilling and incapable of doing that so this was a pretty easy game. Even Fabinho looked good.

It’s mad how cocky some of their fans were ahead of this. Our bad form and them beating Arsenal had them thinking they were going to come here and turn us over. A lot of our fans feared that too (me included to some extent) but that’s different. Pessimism is a natural notion for football fans whose teams are struggling going into an important game. Somehow they were full of beans though. They really should know better, it’s almost like they’ve forgotten that they’re Everton. How many times do they need to be slapped down before they know their place?

They deserve every bit of piss taking that comes their way, and there was plenty. I think my favourite taunt was “this is your last game at Anfield” and it genuinely might be. They’re awful and there’s only so much that Dyche’s organisation can do. It might be enough, it’s probably going to be touch and go though so I’m just delighted that we made sure they got nothing here. If they survive by the skin of their teeth again then it’s on Arsenal. Again.

Robbo went above and beyond with his goading of them. What an effort that was. They were literally lining up to take a shot at him and he laughed in each and every one of their faces. His face must have been saw from all the laughing, as it was relentless. What a man. I thought he was our best player on the night but most seem to think it was Bajcetic. I’m not going to argue about that as the kid was fucking brilliant again. What a talent he is. He’s as confident as he is talented. Nothing fazes him. Spain are going to have some midfield for the next decade with him and the two Barca kids.

Nice for Gakpo to get off the mark and he showed some nice things, especially after his goal when his confidence really took off. Darwin was a menace and Mo looked like Mo again. Keep that up for the rest of the season and who knows what will happen. We’ve got our flaws but goals can mask a lot of them so if the forwards start clicking we could still salvage something. It’s too early to feel confident about that though, as it’s just one game against a fucking dreadful opponent. If we can beat Newcastle this weekend then that does change everything though.

The UEFA report into what happened in Paris was leaked today. I haven’t really had a chance to read it up on any of this because of the derby but from what I can see UEFA haven’t covered up the mistakes they’ve made, which is refreshing and somewhat surprising, but they have covered up the identity of the people who made those mistakes and therefore there’ll be no punishment.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic