You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup Final 2022 - Argentina v France

Bjornebye

Who are you rooting for?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Argentina Argentina Argentina
    • Les Blues
    • I'm not arsed The Bitch is on holiday therefore we're all on holiday

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/12/22 at 12:00

Incredible game I thought. The last minute of ET with the chances for either team just summed up the craziness. For the 3rd time in the tournament, Argentina were coasting towards an easy win only to make things hard for themselves by taking their foot off the gas. Once France got one, just like against Holland I could see another coming.  France were poor & didn;t deserve to take it to ET.  Argies midfield was very good I thought.

Hated the trophy lift.  Absolute shite. No iconic image from that.

58 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Hated the trophy lift.  Absolute shite. No iconic image from that.

Seemed very flat, wasn't helped by the two cunts waffling on and trying to follow Messi all the way across the stage. Just give him the trophy and fuck off. 

• Upvote 2

I understand we are in the era of selective outrage. So while we are here being outraged by FIFA & Qatar, let's not forget Messi is taking 30m a year to promote Saudi Arabia, a country which also has human rights issues.

He might have been forced to wear a bisht at the trophy lifting ceremony but no one is forcing him to take Saudi money. By the way, Saudi Arabia are also contesting against Argentina to host a world cup in 2030. Really lovely that he is enabling a country against his own in their bid to host the world cup.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I understand we are in the era of selective outrage. So while we are here being outraged by FIFA & Qatar, let's not forget Messi is taking 30m a year to promote Saudi Arabia, a country which also has human rights issues.

He might have been forced to wear a bisht at the trophy lifting ceremony but no one is forcing him to take Saudi money. By the way, Saudi Arabia are also contesting against Argentina to host a world cup in 2030. Really lovely that he is enabling a country against his own in their bid to host the world cup.

I understand we are in the era of selective outrage. So while we are here being outraged by FIFA & Qatar, let's not forget that the upcoming World Cup will be held in the USA, a country that donates more than 3 billion dollars every year to Israel in support of its efforts to kill Palestinians, demolish their homes, restrict their movement, and build illegal settlements in their land.

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-military-aid-does-the-us-give-to-israel/

On top of that:

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2022/country-chapters/united-states

Let’s do one World Cup at a time shall we? USA 2026 first then KSA 2030 ... or maybe have a joint campaign to move all future World Cups to New Zealand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

https://socceronsunday.com/article/messi-rant-cristiano-can-suck-my-hairy-argentine-balls-no/ 

Lionel Messi has aimed a pointed barb at Cristiano Ronaldo following his career-defining World Cup triumph. The South American cemented his claim for greatness after an epic final.

Balls

messi-interview-min-150x150.jpeg

“I respect Cristiano,” Messi told Soccer on Sunday. “But now he can suck my big, huge, hairy Argentine balls, no? We had a great rivalry, but now my balls have been dunked squarely into his mouth, and sort of wriggled around. This is a testicle metaphor, you understand?”

“For sure, Cristiano still has time to win a World Cup,” said the Barcelona legend. “Only joking, he’ll be 100 years old in 2026, and playing club football for a pub team in Saudi Arabia. The Dog and Camel, or some such.”

“Oh Christ, here comes Sergio again,” he added. “Cunt’s worse than David May.”

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I understand we are in the era of selective outrage. So while we are here being outraged by FIFA & Qatar, let's not forget that the upcoming World Cup will be held in the USA, a country that donates more than 3 billion dollars every year to Israel in support of its efforts to kill Palestinians, demolish their homes, restrict their movement, and build illegal settlements in their land.

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-military-aid-does-the-us-give-to-israel/

On top of that:

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2022/country-chapters/united-states

Let’s do one World Cup at a time shall we? USA 2026 first then KSA 2030 ... or maybe have a joint campaign to move all future World Cups to New Zealand. 

You should know by now that I would definitely be pointing out the double standards of the western media when the 2026 world cup rolls up.

I was simply highlighting the fact that Messi was getting a free pass in most places when criticism was being directed at FIFA and Qatar for "forcing him" to wear a bisht. They are turning blind eyes to him taking lots of Saudi money, same way they mostly do when the UK and USA receive billions of dollars from the Saudis.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

You should know by now that I would definitely be pointing out the double standards of the western media when the 2026 world cup rolls up.

I was simply highlighting the fact that Messi was getting a free pass in most places when criticism was being directed at FIFA and Qatar for "forcing him" to wear a bisht. They are turning blind eyes to him taking lots of Saudi money, same way they mostly do when the UK and USA receive billions of dollars from the Saudis.

Fair enough. You called it selective outrage and this is certainly what it is. Respect.

16 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I missed the match, but watched the penalties. I then put something else on the telly for half an hour. When that finished, I turned back to see France collecting their medals.

What the fuck was everyone doing for half an hour?

Shit like this,