You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

Even if he got robbed, I'm really happy for Ngannou.

He decided he was getting a raw deal from the UFC, opted out of his contract and spent a long time on the sidelines with Dana White and his army of online chimps calling him a fool for not kowtowing to the UFC machine. Now he has an equity stake in PFL, knocked down the Heavyweight champ and has earned 10x more than he ever would have if he had stayed. Dana White must be fuming haha

• Thanks 1

People being massively swayed by their preconceptions of Ngannou. You judge the fight in front of you, not what you thought would happen.

It’s way closer than people are making out.

Several rounds Ngannou did nothing at all, just stood there waiting for counter punches.

Can’t argue with a point either way.

10 minutes ago, Em City said:

Even if he got robbed, I'm really happy for Ngannou.

He decided he was getting a raw deal from the UFC, opted out of his contract and spent a long time on the sidelines with Dana White and his army of online chimps calling him a fool for not kowtowing to the UFC machine. Now he has an equity stake in PFL, knocked down the Heavyweight champ and has earned 10x more than he ever would have if he had stayed. Dana White must be fuming haha

Actual pictures

_ERRSqlF_400x400.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

People being massively swayed by their preconceptions of Ngannou. You judge the fight in front of you, not what you thought would happen.

It’s way closer than people are making out.

Several rounds Ngannou did nothing at all, just stood there waiting for counter punches.

Can’t argue with a point either way.

Could argue that he stood there waiting for counter punches because he thought he was up on the cards and could afford to wait for fury to commit to something offensively. 

Could also argue that the whole thing was scripted and he was never intended to be the winner, and probably went harder than he was supposed to go, might explain why. He backed off a bit and he didn't seem too upset about the score cards. 

Either way I'm happy for Ngannou, he's put himself right on the map and will immediately be in contention for some big fights following this. I'm hoping Anthony Joshua is feeling like he could take him because it'll be funny seeing Francis take his head off. 

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

Could argue that he stood there waiting for counter punches because he thought he was up on the cards and could afford to wait for fury to commit to something offensively. 

Could also argue that the whole thing was scripted and he was never intended to be the winner, and probably went harder than he was supposed to go, might explain why. He backed off a bit and he didn't seem too upset about the score cards. 

Either way I'm happy for Ngannou, he's put himself right on the map and will immediately be in contention for some big fights following this. I'm hoping Anthony Joshua is feeling like he could take him because it'll be funny seeing Francis take his head off. 

It’ll be funny when he gets put in with someone who takes it seriously and gets battered and everyone is confused.

• Upvote 1

Imagine going to bed tonight thinking Francis Ngannou has any business in the ring with Tyson Fury hahaha this fucking sport. Absolute zero chance he was going to walk in a torpedo him inside a round. Fair fucks to Ngannou though as has been said told Dana to go fuck himself and has come out all the better for it good for him.

What a fucking shit show though, seems par for the course these days

I didn’t watch it because even watching illegally encourages these Saudi cunts, but this thread has been comedy gold reading it back. Well played to you all.

I’ve always despised Fury so I’m hoping Usyk finishes him the way he finished that Blue clown, Bellew.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He isn't going to fight Usyk. 

His next fight will be against The Undertaker or Road Dogg. 

He’s lining his pockets so he doesn’t have to and the belts will be vacated like last time.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Sports entertainment has always had pre-determined endings....

This. I've been telling it to anyone who will listen there's two different types of boxing now, two totally different sports.

Last night and other boxing/MMA crossovers, those weird Youtuber celebrity fights, Tommy fuckin' Fury, even Anthony Joshua tbh, they're all have more in common with wrestling than proper boxing.  Focus on entertainment and hype rather than skill.

Boxing is very much alive as long as you ignore these types of bouts. Dubois and Itauma are incredible British heavyweights and potentially future world champions. And Usyk is a classy boxer too. Womens boxing has never been better. There's a lot to still look forward to.

For starters

Cameron v Taylor on the 25th Nov

Billam Smith v Masternak 10th Dec

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

He isn't going to fight Usyk. 

His next fight will be against The Undertaker or Road Dogg. 

I'll have you know that I schooled at Eton with Road Dogg and as far as I am concerned he was a ruddy good egg.

8 hours ago, A Red said:

The only reason fury wants to fight usyk on 23rd Dec, according to Eddie hearn, is that usyk won't be ready as he normally does a 14 week camp.

A half fit usyk outworks and beats fury.

The day I start believing anything that comes out of that eel’s mouth is the day I buy some magic beans from a stranger.

Saying that, I have bought magic all-sorts off many strangers, so maybe I do believe him.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I was a bit gutted when I checked Ngannou's age, thought he was younger and he'd be around longer. Am hoping he fights Fury again because I think he'd have a good chance against him in a rematch. He'll have more experience too which could be the main thing he was short of in this one.

https://www.boxingscene.com/zhilei-zhang-believes-ngannou-deserved-win-over-fury-night-shame-boxing--178871

“To be honest with you, I got Francis Ngannou [winning],” Zhang told Boxing News.

“If you count that knockdown, it’s a 10-8 round. And throughout the whole fight, he was landing more power shots and he was being aggressive. Fury didn’t throw a lot of punches for some reason. He was just holding himself back and controlling the distance with his jab.

“I think it’s a night of shame for the sport of professional boxing.

“To be honest, I think it’s bad for boxing,”

Zhang said. “People like myself we’re training hard every day and we want to deliver a professional performance and what Fury did last night was just bad for the sport of boxing. He might have money and people behind him to support him but in another way it’s just bad for the sport overall.”