You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - CC Semi Final 1st (not 2nd!) leg, Thu 13th Jan 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

Poor. Very, very poor. Think  that's the 3rd time this season we've played a team down to 10 men and couldnt score against them? A full 45 minutes against chelsea in the 2nd half and couldnt score even with Mo and Sadio. 60 minutes here tonight and in truth never looked like scoring. Cant remember who the 3rd team was.

Minomina's miss, jesus wept, he must have thought he was taking that pen against leicester again. But what summed the game up for me was late in the 2nd half, Jota and a high ball to the edge of the 6 yard box and instead of trying for goal, he tries to head it down for someone else to finish, no one there and arsenal clear the ball.

No one had the gonads to fucking take a few pot shots for most of the game but again, looking at some of the 'shots' maybe that's why, But again, you'd think pro footballers should at least be able to work the keeper and I dont think Ramsden had a shot to save?

It's good to retain possession but fuck me, how many times did we aimlessly pass the ball square across arsenal's box, especially in the last 20 minutes?

We looked better when Xhaka was on the pitch. I dont think anyone played particularly well tonight. Bobby and Jota annonymous and Im not sure the way the game went, that he'd have scored tonight. van Dijk and Trent were poor although maybe Trent just coming back from covid might have an excuse.

It annoys the fuck out of me that Trent takes his time on corners to get the ball so it's just on the quadrant line by a couple of millimetres, then, blasts the ball into the first fucking defender. Mind you, Robbo wasnt much better.

Midfield didnt create anything but the way the forwards played, I dont think it would have mattered if they had because the forwards never looked like scoring.

Should have played the kids!

• Upvote 1

Bobby's not done. He could barely even see the other two strikers, so-called, because they were so far away most of the time, so he was creating space for no one to run into and rarely getting any decent passes. It's pretty odd if you see that and assume it's proof he's 'done'. It's no good him being central if he hasn't got teammates who'll play off and around him. Jota floating around the right wing is not where he's going to do much damage, and christ knows where Minamino was - somewhere on Skerries Road I suspect. Shambles. 

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Poor. Very, very poor. Think  that's the 3rd time this season we've played a team down to 10 men and couldnt score against them? A full 45 minutes against chelsea in the 2nd half and couldnt score even with Mo and Sadio. 60 minutes here tonight and in truth never looked like scoring. Cant remember who the 3rd team was.

Minomina's miss, jesus wept, he must have thought he was taking that pen against leicester again. But what summed the game up for me was late in the 2nd half, Jota and a high ball to the edge of the 6 yard box and instead of trying for goal, he tries to head it down for someone else to finish, no one there and arsenal clear the ball.

No one had the gonads to fucking take a few pot shots for most of the game but again, looking at some of the 'shots' maybe that's why, But again, you'd think pro footballers should at least be able to work the keeper and I dont think Ramsden had a shot to save?

It's good to retain possession but fuck me, how many times did we aimlessly pass the ball square across arsenal's box, especially in the last 20 minutes?

We looked better when Xhaka was on the pitch. I dont think anyone played particularly well tonight. Bobby and Jota annonymous and Im not sure the way the game went, that he'd have scored tonight. van Dijk and Trent were poor although maybe Trent just coming back from covid might have an excuse.

It annoys the fuck out of me that Trent takes his time on corners to get the ball so it's just on the quadrant line by a couple of millimetres, then, blasts the ball into the first fucking defender. Mind you, Robbo wasnt much better.

Midfield didnt create anything but the way the forwards played, I dont think it would have mattered if they had because the forwards never looked like scoring.

Should have played the kids!

Athletico … twice !

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Bobby's not done. He could barely even see the other two strikers, so-called, because they were so far away most of the time, so he was creating space for no one to run into and rarely getting any decent passes. It's pretty odd if you see that and assume it's proof he's 'done'. It's no good him being central if he hasn't got teammates who'll play off and around him. Jota floating around the right wing is not where he's going to do much damage, and christ knows where Minamino was - somewhere on Skerries Road I suspect. Shambles. 

Minamino was better than both Firmino and Jota that's how fucking shit both of them we're.

£180k a week to stink the place out for 3 years.  Not done though. Easiest gig going.

Fed up after that.

Brentford will play as they did against us at their gaff.  Play deep, and hit the long diagonal over our RB, and they'll have a few big and strong runners pelting into our box.  

What we absolutely should not do, is play that same one-dimensional midfield.  We need some energy, imagination and thrust in there.  

What also we absolutely should not do, is play Robertson.  In fact, he should never play when we expect the opposition to sit deep.  If he can't run into space, he's effectively useless going forward.  He'll run up towards the deep lying defender, then as he can't beat a man, he'll turn and play the ball in the direction his left foot is facing; i.e. backwards.  Tsimikas has no such limitation.  He can pass well with either foot, he can take a man on, and he's better with a dead ball.  Tsimikas is probably thinking about moving on, as he can't keep playing second fiddle to an inferior player.

And for the record, Henderson is the most cowardly player I've ever seen in our team.  It's not obvious, you have to watch him.  But watch him make himself unavailable to receive a throw in if he feels he might be put under pressure.  Just watch him do it.  Every time.  Watch him panic in possession when under pressure and put his teammates into difficulties.  Watch him fail to attempt a killer pass, and pass sideways or backwards.  Watch him fail to tackle people running into dangerous positions with the ball.  Henderson has plenty of attributes, and deserves accolades for his off-the-pitch work in football and the community, but on-the-pitch bravery and composure aren't in the list. 

Henderson, Milner and Firmino have had their day.  Much as I love Milner, and I loved Firmino when he was good, they're both two years past their sell by date.  Sure, we'll see the odd flicker from either of them, but really that's all it will be.  90% (maybe 70% for BGJ) of the time it will be painful to watch.  FSG need to provide Klopp with funds to replace all three, as well as Keita (who I really really wanted to come good).  

While I think Thiago is the best player at the club, he can't get on the pitch, and it's a tragedy for both him and LFC that we don't get to experience the best of him over an extended period.  

VVD is still looking vulnerable, and Trent is playing out of position and into the opposition hands coming narrow against a narrow opposition.   We need our best players to find form and develop confidence, and quick.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, J-V said:

Still under contract though if anyone actually bid for hm snap hands off.  Where was he going to go anyway West Ham? all that PSG talk was no doubt bollocks from his agent.

No one will bid for him now. We had a way out this summer with him but the club didn't take it. To be fair, people will argue right now we should sell everyone in the midfield right now, except Elliott and Fabinho, and you can't actually do that.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It annoys the fuck out of me that Trent takes his time on corners to get the ball so it's just on the quadrant line by a couple of millimetres, then, blasts the ball into the first fucking defender.

Yep. We need a bloody corner coach! They should ban them from messing around with trying to sneak that oh-so-vital extra inch outside the arc and concentrate instead on hitting the ball properly beyond the first defender! They all copy each other, that's how this 'put the ball just outside the proper area' corner fixation came about, and the evidence shows it has zero effect on stopping shite corners.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, J-V said:

Minamino was better than both Firmino and Jota that's how fucking sit both of them we're.

£180k a week to stink the place out for 3 years.  Not done though. Easiest gig going.

Yep Bobby was my favourite player for along time but he is well and truly finished here. 

I reckon he could do a job in midfield though...better than what we have currently anyway. That was what we bought him as wasn't it.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

Liverpool without Salah and Mane is what I imagine The Beatles would be without Lennon and McCartney. 

We need Origi to do the George Harrison thing of rustling up some surprisingly good songs before reverting to the likes of 'Ding Dong' and then semi-retirement.

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Bobby isn't mobile enough to create space for anyone.  He's done.

• Upvote 1

We could easily get rid of Minamino, Chamberlain, Origi & Firmino and replace them with one top quality attacking player and have a better squad becuase of it.  Klopp is far too loyal.  This midfield of Fab, Milner & Henderson is fucking horrendous and should never ever be played again.  How about a bit of creatvity in there for a fucking change.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It's mad people still hang on to something that clearly dispaeared years ago. 

Ideally we need to make a decision on Robertson this summer as he's only going one way and has been since last season.  At least we already have a better player in his position.

Just now, J-V said:

It's mad people still hang on to something that clearly dispaeared years ago. 

Ideally we need to make a decision on Robertson this summer as he's only going one way and has been since last season.  At least we already have a better player as his replacement.

I don't think Robertson has shot his bolt, and I don't want him sold.  I just think his impact is blunted against a deep lying opposition, but I don't think he's gone downhill quite as much as others do.  I think Tsimikas is better overall, and I'd like to see him play more often.  

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Fed up after that.

Brentford will play as they did against us at their gaff.  Play deep, and hit the long diagonal over our RB, and they'll have a few big and strong runners pelting into our box.  

What we absolutely should not do, is play that same one-dimensional midfield.  We need some energy, imagination and thrust in there.  

What also we absolutely should not do, is play Robertson.  In fact, he should never play when we expect the opposition to sit deep.  If he can't run into space, he's effectively useless going forward.  He'll run up towards the deep lying defender, then as he can't beat a man, he'll turn and play the ball in the direction his left foot is facing; i.e. backwards.  Tsimikas has no such limitation.  He can pass well with either foot, he can take a man on, and he's better with a dead ball.  Tsimikas is probably thinking about moving on, as he can't keep playing second fiddle to an inferior player.

And for the record, Henderson is the most cowardly player I've ever seen in our team.  It's not obvious, you have to watch him.  But watch him make himself unavailable to receive a throw in if he feels he might be put under pressure.  Just watch him do it.  Every time.  Watch him panic in possession when under pressure and put his teammates into difficulties.  Watch him fail to attempt a killer pass, and pass sideways or backwards.  Watch him fail to tackle people running into dangerous positions with the ball.  Henderson has plenty of attributes, and deserves accolades for his off-the-pitch work in football and the community, but on-the-pitch bravery and composure aren't in the list. 

Henderson, Milner and Firmino have had their day.  Much as I love Milner, and I loved Firmino when he was good, they're both two years past their sell by date.  Sure, we'll see the odd flicker from either of them, but really that's all it will be.  90% (maybe 70% for BGJ) of the time it will be painful to watch.  FSG need to provide Klopp with funds to replace all three, as well as Keita (who I really really wanted to come good).  

While I think Thiago is the best player at the club, he can't get on the pitch, and it's a tragedy for both him and LFC that we don't get to experience the best of him over an extended period.  

VVD is still looking vulnerable, and Trent is playing out of position and into the opposition hands coming narrow against a narrow opposition.   We need our best players to find form and develop confidence, and quick.

True, true, true, true and true.

Every transfer window we do fuck all the list of players that need fucking off inevitably grows. The list is now quite long. 

As 3Stacks said, ideally we'd bin all of our midfielders apart from Fabinho and Elliott. So the next step back is accepting Thiago's injuries, and hoping Jones develops. The next further back, accepting Henderson as back up to Fabinho. As an absolute minimum Chamberlain, Milner and Keita need to go as soon as possible. This window if we can. Give Milner to Leeds and put the other two out with the bins. 

The forwards...Minimino and Origi surely have to be fucked off. Would we get any money for Firmino?

We probably need five or six new players just for the midfield and forward positions. Maybe more. 

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I assume you're not clinically blind nor in a vegetable state so I guess you're just wasting my time with empirically untrue statements. Well done, but it won't work a second time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

I assume you're not clinically blind nor in a vegetable state so I guess you're just wasting my time with empirically untrue statements. Well done, but it won't work a second time.

do you watch how much space Jota creates compared to Bobby?  I rest my case.

8 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I don't think Robertson has shot his bolt, and I don't want him sold.  I just think his impact is blunted against a deep lying opposition, but I don't think he's gone downhill quite as much as others do.  I think Tsimikas is better overall, and I'd like to see him play more often.  

We're not getting any money from the Yanks, he's 28 soon. should be second choice already, been poor since last year and we really can't afford to have his form continue on to when his value becomes next to nothing like Firmno, Henderson. We obviously won't shift him.

Good backup though however a lot of money to have on the bench.