You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Book of Boba Fett

skend04

Milli vanilli lip synced better than this shite.

For years, Mark Hamill has ran with the joke that Sebastian Stan is his long lost son due to the similarities between them.

Why don’t they just let him play him instead of having to watch this. It takes you out of the show as you’re watching something that’s a big distraction with the wooden dialogue delivery and the words not syncing with his mouth.

Theyve planned this show terribly and it wouldn’t surprise me if it comes out that there’s different episodes 5 & 6 that have had to be discarded as they were that bad and the mando has had to be brought in to salvage it.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I thought the de-ageing was the best I’ve seen until he spoke. Then the illusion was broken. 

Another great episode. Think it’s now obvious why this was being called The Mandalorian Season 2.5 a year ago. 

Yeah, needs some extra work on that.

Still boss to see. I’d love to see them fill the gaps like with Luke how they did with Anakin. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Strontium said:

The thing I find concerning is that Boba Fett is looking increasingly like a bit-part player in his own series. 

He’ll be riding a Rancor next week. 

25 minutes ago, Strontium said:

The thing I find concerning is that Boba Fett is looking increasingly like a bit-part player in his own series. 

It’s more of an arc rather than his own series imo. If they’d have just brought him back with no explanation then it would have just been -a pointless addition. 

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

He’ll be riding a Rancor next week. 

Having teased us with that since episode 3, there'll be a lot of angry fans if he's not!

17 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s more of an arc rather than his own series imo. If they’d have just brought him back with no explanation then it would have just been -a pointless addition. 

I get that it's more of an ensemble piece, but he hasn't done much so far.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Having teased us with that since episode 3, there'll be a lot of angry fans if he's not!

I get that it's more of an ensemble piece, but he hasn't done much so far.

It’s nailed on he’s riding that Rancor, with the amount of Easter eggs getting lashed around.

Got to catch up with Cad Bane yet. 

What a weird series that was.

4 episodes of plodding story telling and indifferent writing, the two best episodes of the series propped up by nostalgia that contains no more than 30 seconds of the central character and the whole story wrapped up in a 61 minute shoot out that didn't really resolve anything beyond the pikes are gone (Mandalorian got the biggest resolution and it wasn't his show).

People are gonna be pissed at the fate of a characters 10 minute cameo from animated to live action given the potential for them going forward and now we look forward to the far superior Mandalorian series.

Moral of the story is don't try and make a background character cult hero a main character.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

What a weird series that was.

4 episodes of plodding story telling and indifferent writing, the two best episodes of the series propped up by nostalgia that contains no more than 30 seconds of the central character and the whole story wrapped up in a 61 minute shoot out that didn't really resolve anything beyond the pikes are gone (Mandalorian got the biggest resolution and it wasn't his show).

People are gonna be pissed at the fate of a characters 10 minute cameo from animated to live action given the potential for them going forward and now we look forward to the far superior Mandalorian series.

Moral of the story is don't try and make a background character cult hero a main character.

Underwhelming. Had a some good points & some rather silly points.  Though seeing him on a Rancor was pretty cool. 

Not sure how I feel about, what seems like a retro fit to, the Grogu story.

Impression I get was it was a 2 season arc neatly tied up with Luke taking him off to train as a Padawan to add colour to the sequels and fill in a bit of backstory with post-RotJ Luke.

The ridiculous success of the character made it inevitable that Disney would want to bring it back (beyond the odd cameo) but it takes away from the story a little.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure how I feel about, what seems like a retro fit to, the Grogu story.

Impression I get was it was a 2 season arc neatly tied up with Luke taking him off to train as a Padawan to add colour to the sequels and fill in a bit of backstory with post-RotJ Luke.

The ridiculous success of the character made it inevitable that Disney would want to bring it back (beyond the odd cameo) but it takes away from the story a little.

Maybe Luke gets him back to Mando to help his friends out like Luke left his training in Empire? Was that the moon of Endor they were going to at the end? 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Maybe Luke gets him back to Mando to help his friends out like Luke left his training in Empire? Was that the moon of Endor they were going to at the end? 

It'd be weird to make such a big deal of having to choose, then make a point of telling the audience he was wearing the chain mail under his clothes (and so had made his choice) only to then go back on it.

Although the whole idea of having to commit to one path is weird coming from Luke anyway.

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It'd be weird to make such a big deal of having to choose, then make a point of telling the audience he was wearing the chain mail under his clothes (and so had made his choice) only to then go back on it.

Although the whole idea of having to commit to one path is weird coming from Luke anyway.

Maybe that’s what Luke has learned when speaking to Ahsoka? He needs to get it out of his system.

And the whole non attachment thing contradicts what Luke did in Empire and Jedi anyway.

Time will tell. I don’t think they have enough feedback on their DeepFake portrayal of him to take that element further yet. 

The recent comics have already clarified that Kylo Ren was (officially) Luke's first student, so that gave a pretty big hint as to what would happen there, insofar as it would have been odd if they were going to retcon something that only came out in 2020.