You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (A) - Sat 14th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

fucking hell reign it in a bit.

Norwich are awful. they are even weaker than they were two seasons ago. Their best player is a girl prancing about in the middle falling over all the time. We should be beating teams like this 2 or 3-0 as standard.

You can’t play that midfield against anybody else, Keita just coasted through the game and Ox was hardly involved.

We were better in the second half when we sharpened up a bit, no doubt the boss gave them short shrift.

As usual Salah, TAA, Jota were solid. Nice cameo from Firmino who looks like he’s rediscovered his passion again.

Firstly, it's"rein", not "reign".

Secondly, Norwich are significantly better than 2 years ago. Today we beat them more comfortably than the 99 point champions did; so, yeah, a good day's work.

Thirdly, the starting midfield consisted of (at best) our 5th, 6th and 7th choice midfielders. We'd have to repeat last season's luck with injuries to see something like that again.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Matip is great. He has everything. Even quick forwards can't get by him because his legs are so long, he just stretches and gets a toe on the ball. He also has the nicest swerve on his passes you'll see.

I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy watching him play.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy watching him play.

It was just good today to watch our centre halves collecting ball calmly off our keeper and carrying it and then passing it with confidence and with a bit of ambition.

Just helps us so much going both ways.

Just now, Lee909 said:

I have said sell matip before and probably in a ideal world still would, but its not because of him as a player but his injury record. Thing is fully fit he starts for 99% of top flight teams in europe. 

Sadly he has featured in just 42 of our last 115 league games.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was nothing concerning with that whatsoever. People are gagging to play down Norwich, but they play decent football and Gilmour is difficult to press in midfield. Plus, first game away with fans.

Looked to me like Jota was assigned to blocking off the passing lines through to Gilmour…. who consequently had minimal  influence on the game.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Matip is great. He has everything. Even quick forwards can't get by him because his legs are so long, he just stretches and gets a toe on the ball. He also has the nicest swerve on his passes you'll see.

Don't. I've said to my mates numerous times if he stayed fit he is the bes center back in the world without a V in his name.

We haven't been this blessed with CBs since we had Wright, Babb, Ruddock and Scales

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I have said sell matip before and probably in a ideal world still would, but its not because of him as a player but his injury record. Thing is fully fit he starts for 99% of top flight teams in europe. 

Just being pedantic, but in an ideal world he wouldn't have that injury record.

• Like 1

Today was a great start. It had the potential to be a banana skin and we did a professional job.

Just going to start with Big Bird. Genuinely think he gets in a world eleven with Virgil if he is fit. Certainly, one of the top 5 centre halves in the world. I've said it before but if they both stay fit, we can get 95+ points. Just a thing of beauty watching him and Virgil.

Another thing I liked was Sadio and Mo looking to play each other. Maybe, just maybe, whatever shite was going on the last few years might have been put to bed. Happy for Jota and Bobby with the goals spreaded out.

The Greek did well. He's raw but you can see potential there. At the very least, the next few weeks will stand to him if Robbo needs a break.

Onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Firstly, it's"rein", not "reign".

Secondly, Norwich are significantly better than 2 years ago. Today we beat them more comfortably than the 99 point champions did; so, yeah, a good day's work.

Thirdly, the starting midfield consisted of (at best) our 5th, 6th and 7th choice midfielders. We'd have to repeat last season's luck with injuries to see something like that again.

tenor (20) (4).gif

35 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Don't. I've said to my mates numerous times if he stayed fit he is the bes center back in the world without a V in his name.

We haven't been this blessed with CBs since we had Wright, Babb, Ruddock and Scales

I’d take Hyypia, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel over the Evans mob any day of the week.

• Upvote 2