You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (A) - Sat 14th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

The new season be'eth upon us, and with it comes a new challenge. Was last season a mere blip caused by a chronic spate of injuries in key positions, or was it the first real sign that this group of players is in need of an overhaul and that the squad needs to be refreshed and evolved? Of course you don't want to rule out the former, but you cannot rule out the possibility of the latter either.

To that end, my contributions to the match threads will be a combination of elements that worked brilliantly in the past, plus some new ideas to keep things fresh. With that being said:

Intensity. Toughness. Obduracy. Urgency. Graft. Honesty. Talent. Incision. Temerity. Accuracy. Work-rate. Awesomeness. Power. Usefulness. Drive. Determination. Yearning. Tenacity. Audacity. Technique.

I don't ask for much.

The last time we played at Carrow Road in February 2020, we put in a performance that earned the 3 points, but it was far from our best display. We struggled to open up a Norwich defence that was starting to leak goals regularly. We stuck at it and Sadio bagged the only goal in the second half to keep our tremendous winning run going.

The game from yesteryear that is worth a revisit is the 5-3 from February 1980. Just like 40 years later, we would go on to win the league after winning at Carrow Road in February. Kenny and Case scored a goal apiece, and Davie Fairclough bagged himself a hat-trick, but the game is best remembered for Justin Fashanu's brilliant turn and volley from the edge of the area that flew past Clem. It was voted MOTD's goal of the season.

The movei atop the box office in February 1980 was John Carpenter's horror/thriller The Fog. I've seen it but can barely remember it, and Carpenter has directed films either side of it that are far better. The quality of his mid-70s to mid-80s run of films is testament to his ability to make hay with small budgets. Visually creative and capable of weaving it into an entertaining story.

We need to go into the opening game clear-headed and with the sort of purpose that has characterised the vast majority of the boss' tenure, in order to avoid a horror show. The players have looked very much up-for-it in these recent friendlies, but friendlies are a very different beast to a competitive game that has 3 points at stake. We know we can do the business, but do the business we must do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

7 hours ago, Trumo said:

The new season be'eth upon us, and with it comes a new challenge. Was last season a mere blip caused by a chronic spate of injuries in key positions, or was it the first real sign that this group of players is in need of an overhaul and that the squad needs to be refreshed and evolved? Of course you don't want to rule out the former, but you cannot rule out the possibility of the latter either.

To that end, my contributions to the match threads will be a combination of elements that worked brilliantly in the past, plus some new ideas to keep things fresh. With that being said:

Intensity. Toughness. Obduracy. Urgency. Graft. Honesty. Talent. Incision. Temerity. Accuracy. Work-rate. Awesomeness. Power. Usefulness. Drive. Determination. Yearning. Tenacity. Audacity. Technique.

I don't ask for much.

The last time we played at Carrow Road in February 2020, we put in a performance that earned the 3 points, but it was far from our best display. We struggled to open up a Norwich defence that was starting to leak goals regularly. We stuck at it and Sadio bagged the only goal in the second half to keep our tremendous winning run going.

The game from yesteryear that is worth a revisit is the 5-3 from February 1980. Just like 40 years later, we would go on to win the league after winning at Carrow Road in February. Kenny and Case scored a goal apiece, and Davie Fairclough bagged himself a hat-trick, but the game is best remembered for Justin Fashanu's brilliant turn and volley from the edge of the area that flew past Clem. It was voted MOTD's goal of the season.

The movei atop the box office in February 1980 was John Carpenter's horror/thriller The Fog. I've seen it but can barely remember it, and Carpenter has directed films either side of it that are far better. The quality of his mid-70s to mid-80s run of films is testament to his ability to make hay with small budgets. Visually creative and capable of weaving it into an entertaining story.

We need to go into the opening game clear-headed and with the sort of purpose that has characterised the vast majority of the boss' tenure, in order to avoid a horror show. The players have looked very much up-for-it in these recent friendlies, but friendlies are a very different beast to a competitive game that has 3 points at stake. We know we can do the business, but do the business we must do.

Loving the effort fella.

8 hours ago, Trumo said:

Can’t get this one.

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

I don't ask for much.

Well in Trumo lad. Mixing it up and keeping it fresh! 

COYMR!

10 hours ago, Trumo said:

I'd throw Salah in ahead of Yearning but apart from that, this side should comfortably beat Norwich. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

I remember John Bond's interview - after a great Canaries performance - was brilliant:  "That's really ruined my weekend, that has."

As for this Saturday, I hope we get tweet.

12 hours ago, Trumo said:

Repped.