You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh goody. I switched off at 3-1 thinking it was going to end 4 or 5 to 1. Came in here just now with a bit of trepidation so delighted to see there is only one goal in it.

Still fancy City to go through but Pep will be frustrated due to the missed chances and now has to go full pelt next week which could affect his selection at the weekend.

Fingers crossed.

Guardiola looked more than a bit deflated at the end. His head will be wrecked figuring out his priorities at the weekend. Hope he feeds the stress through to his players. Both sides defended like amateurs, though,  and I can see another goal wreck next week.

City didn’t look overly happy at full time.

I can understand why, they’ll feel that they should have finished the tie tonight and have let Madrid back into it.

I remember us beating Leverkusen 3-1 at Anfield in 2005. We scored in injury time (Hamman free kick I think) to make it 3-0 and then Dudek dropped a bollock with the last kick off the game for 3-1. Despite us still winning, it completely took the shine off it and I was more annoyed afterwards.

That’s how City will feel now. They’ll be ignoring the fact they won the game, they’ll be massively fucked off it’s still in the balance.

14 minutes ago, lebron said:

Going to be interesting to see who Pep picks for the Leeds game.

Fair to say that Marsh has Leeds playing both more defensively and physically. Let's hope whoever refs that game lets the challenges fly in without repercussion.

A pity they've got the extra day to recover. 

I thought that was a poor performance by Real Madrid, so to be just one goal behind and a second leg at home they must be delighted with that. City still seem to have a bit of a complex about this competition which will hopefully benefit us if we do meet them in Paris. 

Also, nice one Benzema, won me £80 off a £5 free bet.  

921317DB-AECC-40D4-B87F-29BAE7373121.png

• Upvote 4

I remember feeling flat when Roma got 2 late goals to bring it back to 5-2. Granted, away goals had that extra weight, but it left the door ever so slightly ajar when it should have been shut, dead-bolted and welded for good measure. 

City will be frustrated as fuck with that. 

There's an irrarional element to Real Madrid. They aren't on City's level and should have lost to both Chelsea and PSG. But Benzema is walking on water and Vinicius and Modric are also decisive. It's literally 3 players against whole teams and they're always finding a way.

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's an irrarional element to Real Madrid. They aren't on City's level and should have lost to both Chelsea and PSG. But Benzema is walking on water and Vinicius and Modric are also decisive. It's literally 3 players against whole teams and they're always finding a way.

It’s staggering to see the amount go average players in their team; their entire back line is very skittish; Eder is no good, Carvajal is done, Mendy is shite, not entirely convinced by Alaba at CB either. The likes of Ceballos, Asensio, Rodrygo aren’t of the standard required.

Alaba was dreadful last night, he's a great footballer but I'm not sure he's a great centre back. They'd look loads better with him at left back instead of Mendy and a proper defender in the middle.

They're still massively up against it in the second leg. Can't see past City getting yet another early goal over there. How many more heroics does Benzema have left?