You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I'm not bothering with the 4th jab, I'll get my flu jab and that's it. I've had sky high anxiety since the jabs and I've managed to get it back to an even keel now, almost 8 months on. I'll just avoid snogging and bumming women (and men) and I'll make sure to wash my hands for 20 seconds after a finger blast, rather than sniffing them. I should be safe enough I think.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ringo has it.

For fuck sake didn't he get the memo about it being over 2 winters ago? 

Had my booster on Tuesday, feel like absolute shit today. Not been too bad this week just a bit of a sore arm and a headache but today somethings twatted me right in. Thankfully she's away so I have just slobbed around with nobody to nag me. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Had my booster on Tuesday, feel like absolute shit today. Not been too bad this week just a bit of a sore arm and a headache but today somethings twatted me right in. Thankfully she's away so I have just slobbed around with nobody to nag me. 

Did you get a flu jab as well?

(not sarcasm)

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Did you get a flu jab as well?

(not sarcasm)

Nah they didn't offer it either. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I got my invite for a flu jab and Covid booster because their stupid records somehow think I’m 50.  Outrageous.  

Hahahaha the nerve! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Simbo said:

So ‘Get vaccinated for others’ was a massive lie?

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-pfizer-vaccine-transmission-idUSL1N31F20E

Do you know what vaccination means? 

It was "wear a mask for others" wash your hands etc. 

Getting vaccinated was driven by taking care of yourselves.

Trying not to pass a virus on that killed millions worldwide was all about asking people to be careful. 

Despite the crayon experts and 'done my research' cunts, humanity has survived it for now. 

9 hours ago, Simbo said:

So ‘Get vaccinated for others’ was a massive lie?

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-pfizer-vaccine-transmission-idUSL1N31F20E

It was another one of those white lies told to encourage people to get the jab, similar to their initial one were they said it was "100% effective". I'm not commenting on their effectiveness, they clearly work, just the message once again being quite untrustworthy. 

"Do you trust your government?" 

FUCK NO!!!!

"Do you trust your government when they tell you to take a new medical product?"

FUCK YEA!!! 

I don't recall anyone ever saying vaccines reduced transmission, just that they might and I don't think that was from officials.

Besides having the vaccine would have helped others by reducing hospital admissions with Covid, therefore more time and space for those seriously affected by Covid, and for other illnesses of course. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It was another one of those white lies told to encourage people to get the jab, similar to their initial one were they said it was "100% effective". I'm not commenting on their effectiveness, they clearly work, just the message once again being quite untrustworthy. 

"Do you trust your government?" 

FUCK NO!!!!

"Do you trust your government when they tell you to take a new medical product?"

FUCK YEA!!! 

"Do you have the intelligence to assess what your government says and judge it on its merits?"

"FUCK NO!!! I'M A MORON WHO THINKS THAT GOVERNMENTS EITHER LIE 100% OF THE TIME OR TELL THE TRUTH 100% OF THE TIME!!!"

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"Do you have the intelligence to assess what your government says and judge it on its merits?"

"FUCK NO!!! I'M A MORON WHO THINKS THAT GOVERNMENTS EITHER LIE 100% OF THE TIME OR TELL THE TRUTH 100% OF THE TIME!!!"

You've proved my point. 

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not sure what your point was.

You were being generous with your statement that people have the intelligence to assess what their government says, that most people  have the intelligence to decipher the difference between truth and lies. The 52% Brexit figure is proof enough that they don't, they can't distinguish between truth and lies. It's most likely that people with intelligence are picking and choosing what they wish to trust from their government, those who are undecided will go with what their friends do or what they see celebrities do, and the dumbest of all will choose to be anti everything for the sake of it.

So here we have a conundrum.

"I'm an intelligent person, not an anti-vaxxer and I trust my government, Joe Biden told me vaccinated people can't spread covid". A lie.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/dec/22/joe-biden/biden-says-vaccinated-people-cant-spread-covid-19-/

"I'm an intelligent person and I "Trust the Science" trust pharma companies. They said it was 100% effective, they wouldn't lie to us" A lie.

Millions of people believed their lies, to save granny etc. All lies.

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

You were being generous with your statement that people have the intelligence to assess what their government says, that most people  have the intelligence to decipher the difference between truth and lies. The 52% Brexit figure is proof enough that they don't, they can't distinguish between truth and lies. It's most likely that people with intelligence are picking and choosing what they wish to trust from their government, those who are undecided will go with what their friends do or what they see celebrities do, and the dumbest of all will choose to be anti everything for the sake of it.

So here we have a conundrum.

"I'm an intelligent person, not an anti-vaxxer and I trust my government, Joe Biden told me vaccinated people can't spread covid". A lie.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/dec/22/joe-biden/biden-says-vaccinated-people-cant-spread-covid-19-/

"I'm an intelligent person and I "Trust the Science" trust pharma companies. They said it was 100% effective, they wouldn't lie to us" A lie.

Millions of people believed their lies, to save granny etc. All lies.

I honestly don’t think I remember anyone saying that the vaccination stops the spread? Stops people dying in the thousands daily yes but it was masks and hand washing that helped stop the “spread”. 

There is something worryingly warped about the agenda driven covid weirdos. Everyone’s an expert on something they know fuck all about and completely ignore reality. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I honestly don’t think I remember anyone saying that the vaccination stops the spread? Stops people dying in the thousands daily yes but it was masks and hand washing that helped stop the “spread”. 

Just because you don't remember, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plenty of evidence if you look for it. I've just posted the President of the United States saying it FFS. People got jabbed thinking they wouldn't spread, went to visit their elderly or sick relatives, and gave them covid. Based upon the lies of people like the President of the US. But that's all ok, some people are happy being lied to. So no issues, nothing to see, move along.

Had my 4th Pfizer Covid jab last week with no issues and had the Flu jab a couple of days later.

Mrs HL is adamant she's not having another Covid Jab because she had some issues which she's blaming on the last one.

She's fit as a flea my missus but at 60 years of age it's a risk I'm uncomfortable with. Her  choice though.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

For anyone who thinks vaccines don't work they only really need to just look out the window. Or did the virus just get bored and leave.

Vaccines work (we can debate about the extent, I suppose) but this is poor logic. If I was going by personal exposure alone, I would never even have known there was a pandemic in the first place.