You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952bfou4i3l7551s45nkat

Seriously, what? I've no idea what you're implying.

If it was about the latest Chinese outbreak post back then, well I was being facetious.We KNOW what the worst that can happen is. Still no idea what the "big enough the apologise" means.

19 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Seriously, what? I've no idea what you're implying.

If it was about the latest Chinese outbreak post back then, well I was being facetious.We KNOW what the worst that can happen is. Still no idea what the "big enough the apologise" means.

I was using the infamous Strontz quote from Covid. You know the one he got tragically wrong and refused to apologise himself because he wasn't man enough. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/08/2020 at 22:44, Strontium said:

Yep, it is indeed fucking embarrassing how the lot of you continue to fail to explain why the dozens of facts posted aren't in fact facts.

When this thing is over and done in this country by winter, and there's no second wave, how many of you will be big enough to apologise?

@ZonkoVille77 this belter 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/29/china-child-respiratory-illness-spike-paediatric-clinics-multiple-pathogens-covid-19-lockdowns-end

Child respiratory sickness overloads China’s paediatric clinics – reports

Authorities appeal for calm, saying spike is due to end of Covid-19 lockdown restrictions

A surge in respiratory illnesses in China, particularly among children, has reportedly swamped paediatric units in city hospitals, while authorities have urged calm, attributing it to a post-lockdown wave of illness.

Many hospital wards are full, according to state and other media reports in China. The Global Times reported on Tuesday that the Beijing Children’s hospital was receiving up to 9,378 patients a day and had been at full capacity during the past two months. It also said outpatient clinics, paediatric clinics, and respiratory departments at several Beijing hospitals were booked out for at least seven days.

I met a lad here a month back, he was here to get Turkey teeth.

He said he worked for Rolls Royce and they where really supportive during his 2 year absence after an accident.

Being a former H&S guy I asked what his accident had been.

Calm as you like he said, "jumped in front of a train!"

Whoa, hang on a minute fella, What?

Never had suicidal thoughts before or after but Covid fucked his head up. Somehow survived after his family got told he wouldn't survive.

Sets alarms off everywhere but has nice teeth.

24 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I met a lad here a month back, he was here to get Turkey teeth.

He said he worked for Rolls Royce and they where really supportive during his 2 year absence after an accident.

Being a former H&S guy I asked what his accident had been.

Calm as you like he said, "jumped in front of a train!"

Whoa, hang on a minute fella, What?

Never had suicidal thoughts before or after but Covid fucked his head up. Somehow survived after his family got told he wouldn't survive.

Sets alarms off everywhere but has nice teeth.

what was his barnet like?

On 29/11/2023 at 08:27, Section_31 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/29/china-child-respiratory-illness-spike-paediatric-clinics-multiple-pathogens-covid-19-lockdowns-end

Child respiratory sickness overloads China’s paediatric clinics – reports

Authorities appeal for calm, saying spike is due to end of Covid-19 lockdown restrictions

A surge in respiratory illnesses in China, particularly among children, has reportedly swamped paediatric units in city hospitals, while authorities have urged calm, attributing it to a post-lockdown wave of illness.

Many hospital wards are full, according to state and other media reports in China. The Global Times reported on Tuesday that the Beijing Children’s hospital was receiving up to 9,378 patients a day and had been at full capacity during the past two months. It also said outpatient clinics, paediatric clinics, and respiratory departments at several Beijing hospitals were booked out for at least seven days.

That does make sense - they’ve still been locking down haven’t they? I remember all the RSV that summer of 2021 I think it was with our lad and loads of kids in the uk

1 minute ago, Curly said:

That does make sense - they’ve still been locking down haven’t they? I remember all the RSV that summer of 2021 I think it was with our lad and loads of kids in the uk

That's part of the payback of lockdowns unfortunately. I read an article which suggested it could be approx 5 years before we get back to "normal".

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That's part of the payback of lockdowns unfortunately. I read an article which suggested it could be approx 5 years before we get back to "normal".

Nowt gets passed my nasal hairs, I haven't had a virus since 2010. It's like Rourke's Drift up there. 

35 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Jeez - it is mad how often people seem to get ill now. Notice it loads at work.