You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

45 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Come to Canada it’s a liberal paradise and one of the last English speaking countries that avoids Thatcherism and Regeanomics .

its a bit cold and snows a lot, terrible

mosquitos in the summer and the ice hockey is about 100 quid a match for decent seats. 

What are the entry requirements? 

As an aside, my Uncle ran the Conservative club on Everton Road for years. 

FYI it became Cats pub/club and just checking google maps it is now The View Function Suite.

As I grew up and realised what it was I would ask him "as someone who hated the Tories how could you be involved in something like that ?" Too which the reply was "You will understand when you are older"

After many years I finally cornered him and made him tell me how/why he would run that place. The answer was basically " I ran that Conservative Club for about 20 years and made a big loss every single month, they kept threatening to get rid of me but could never find anyone to take over, so I just continued fleecing them until they gave up."

Always makes me smile when I think of it and meet him for a drink. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Barry Wom said:

It's just seems a mental system. I'm not sure I'd know how my vote translated to a seat on the parliament. 

It's classed as the fairest system there is mate although it is complicated to understand unless you have followed it for some time and things have sunk in, certainly better than FPTP. Obviously can't vote myself as I just live here on a permanent residence permit/also still a member of the EU, so although I know the fancy fringes I haven't exactly had the need to swat up on it.  

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Christ. Holy fucking Christ. 

Is the bitch just testing the waters before open Racism/Islamophobia is cranked up a few notches? 

I've seen a few takes on here and social media that people shouldn't lash out at the electorate and accuse them of being thick etc. 

Maybe so. But, come on, some of them are? Or politically unaware. I've just seen a clip on Wakefield's reaction to the election result. One voted Tory as they were "the only party who will get us out of Brexit" and another voted for them because "nothing has happened in this town centre for years." Yes. Under a fucking Tory government. 

And, then there's this (below). I'm sorry, but I have no faith that people like this don't exist up and down the country. I can fully handle and accept people having different opinions. But, this is just daft. 

22 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's classed as the fairest system there is mate although it is complicated to understand unless you have followed it for some time and things have sunk in, certainly better than FPTP. Obviously can't vote myself as I just live here on a permanent residence permit/also still a member of the EU, so although I know the fancy fringes I haven't exactly had the need to swat up on it.  

Yeah, I'm sure it is fair. But complicated as shit!

FPTP is fucking crap, but we're stuck with it for some time to come as these Tory twats won't change it. 

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've seen a few takes on here and social media that people shouldn't lash out at the electorate and accuse them of being thick etc. 

Maybe so. But, come on, some of them are? Or politically unaware. I've just seen a clip on Wakefield's reaction to the election result. One voted Tory as they were "the only party who will get us out of Brexit" and another voted for them because "nothing has happened in this town centre for years." Yes. Under a fucking Tory government. 

And, then there's this (below). I'm sorry, but I have no faith that people like this don't exist up and down the country. I can fully handle and accept people having different opinions. But, this is just daft. 

Chris Wilder in the background laughing at the thick old cunt is one of the few things to make me smirk today.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, I'm sure it is fair. But complicated as shit!

FPTP is fucking crap, but we're stuck with it for some time to come as these Tory twats won't change it. 

Why would they mate, it's just rigged to benefit Tory England. 

28 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I had the same knocking in Crewe yesterday. Have you seen the state of the town centre and all the youth clubs have been closed.

Couldn't remember our leaders name, but once told, didn't like him and could never vote for him. 

Apparently I made some good points (about the reasons why it was shite and voting for policies not people) but could not support Corbyn.

You feel like saying well fuck you then, but you smile thank them and move on. 

From numerous personal examples and annicdotal stories, I refuse to accept the policies are not popular. 

The problem is if we have similar policies our next leader will face similar attacks.

9 hours ago, Manny said:

You're half right, but I blame them both. Look up and down the country and if you took the Labour votes and added them to the Lib Dems Labour get more than the Tories. And vice versa. In fact if you look at the share of votes going to remain/2ref parties and the share going to Brexit at all costs parties, you're into the same territory as 2016 EU referendum split. But as with that, our shit system is just a winner takes all, whether it's 99-1 or 51-49. It's rotten and completely unrepresentative of modern politics.

The Tories have gamed the system with Brexit and won - aided and abetted by the biggest traitor since Lord Haw Haw in Farage and his Brexit Grift PLC. They know it's a two party election system and they made damn sure they were cornered the market on one side of it. The other side? Split all over the place. They knew it, know it, and as usual come together to make sure they get their power.

We've learned nothing in 100 years though, have we? I genuinely reckon vast swathes of this country would still happily climb out of a trench into raking machine gun fire because they don't like the foreigns on the other side, and because a posh officer from Eton has told them it's in all of their interests to do so. We're a servile, sneering and naive country and those Tory fucks know it.

Merry fucking Christmas.

100% this.

Brexit has gift wrapped seats in some of the poorest area's of the country, seats that the tories probably never thought they would win, and they have won them without even trying!

27 minutes ago, Kidder Bukowski said:

As heartbroken as I am after yesterday I am so, so proud of Scousers, the Liverpool fans and people in general for bucking the trend and sticking solidly with Labour.

Do you think the SNP would let us join them?

Would like to see Liverpool, Manchester, Scotland, London, South Wales, Ireland all join together to form their own country