You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

9 hours ago, moof said:

How are women getting the shitty end of the stick? Providing human rights to trans people doesn’t detract from women’s rights you fucking balloon 

Yeah, it’s another case of people on here saying a thing but not bothering with the details of how. Women getting the shitty end? Okay, how? Does anything about their right change? No. Do they lose anything? No. So therefore the comment has no merit and is false. All because he doesn’t like transgender people. Same as he doesn’t like Muslims. Same as he doesn’t like the poor. And so on. There’s very little rationale for any of it. Again, it’s just parroting a certain type of podcaster. I nearly choked on my indignation when I saw his reply to the grief thread was to recommend a fucking podcast. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it’s another case of people on here saying a thing but not bothering with the details of how. Women getting the shitty end? Okay, how? Does anything about their right change? No. Do they lose anything? No. So therefore the comment has no merit and is false. All because he doesn’t like transgender people. Same as he doesn’t like Muslims. Same as he doesn’t like the poor. And so on. There’s very little rationale for any of it. Again, it’s just parroting a certain type of podcaster. I nearly choked on my indignation when I saw his reply to the grief thread was to recommend a fucking podcast. 

Dr Richard Podcast is a renown Grief Counsellor.

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nothing is wrong with it. I was talking to moof, who knows exactly what I mean. 

He might, I dont. Why did you nearly choke with indignation after he offered up a podcast on grief in a grieving thread?

Back it up? I’m not sure what there is to back up. I didn’t make a claim. Anyway, I’ll not derail what is a decent thread with any more talk of Rico and podcasts, it was just a throwaway comment at the end of an on-topic post, and it was aimed at moof and not worth derailing the thread. If you want to ask me a question, you can PM me. 

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Not a massive fan of grieving, podcasts or people who recommend podcasts.

This and the anger management podcast comment both deserve reps, but I was a cheap whore with my reps last night, giving anybody who said positive things about Fabinho some love. So I ran out. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Back it up? I’m not sure what there is to back up. I didn’t make a claim. Anyway, I’ll not derail what is a decent thread with any more talk of Rico and podcasts, it was just a throwaway comment at the end of an on-topic post, and it was aimed at moof and not worth derailing the thread. If you want to ask me a question, you can PM me. 

You did make a claim and you did derail the thread with talk about Rico and podcasts, you just dont want to do it anymore. Fair enough. 

I dont feel the need for a private answer to a public question about something you said on a public forum. Thanks though.

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

If someone recommended a podcast to me when I was grieving I would almost certainly punch their cunt in for them.

'Podcasts' 

*shakes head

Ha ha ha.  Course you would you mewling quim.  I’ll recommend another if your kid turns out gay and breaks your heart. 

Cariad Lloyd lost her father early on, she’s hosted a podcast to help people who’ve shared similar experiences of death. It’s won a few awards, podcast of the year I think.  Can’t see the difference between listening to people talk and people sharing their experiences in writing on the thread to be honest. But you clever kids know best. NV still talking into the void I see. 

1 minute ago, A Red said:

You did make a claim and you did derail the thread with talk about Rico and podcasts, you just dont want to do it anymore. Fair enough. 

I dont feel the need for a private answer to a public question about something you said on a public forum. Thanks though.

Alright, great. The goading is working. You’re the one de-railing the thread, I clearly tried to avoid it. I clearly tried avoiding changing the subject of the thread but you won’t let it go. I made a one sentence throw away comment, to somebody else, and you won’t let it die.

You not PMing me is absolutely preferable, because I find this as dull to participate in as those reading it surely do. But nevertheless, I gave you an outlet should you remain unable to control your curiosity.  

Also... what claim? The only claim I made about podcasts was that I was indignant about something, but I’m not sure how I could back that up. I’m happy to go a hundred rounds with anybody about anything at any time, and I think my decade on this site more than proves that. But I thought some of the earlier discussions in this thread were handled well, not surprisingly because of the types of people who were involved with them. I don’t particularly want to allow you to further derail the thread with a back and forth about that cunt. So, my PM is there or, preferably, not. The choice is yours. This will be my last post about Rico, podcasts, and grief in this thread. 

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha.  Course you would you mewling quim.  I’ll recommend another if your kid turns out gay and breaks your heart. 

Cariad Lloyd lost her father early on, she’s hosted a podcast to help people who’ve shared similar experiences of death. It’s won a few awards, podcast of the year I think.  Can’t see the difference between listening to people talk and people sharing their experiences in writing on the thread to be honest. But you clever kids know best. NV still talking into the void I see. 

Just because you ignore what I say, it doesn’t mean I’ll ignore your easily verifiably false nonsense, much less let you have a free run on it. 

Of course, you won’t be reading this. Of course. No siree, Bob. Nerp. Didn’t view it. Nope. Neeerp.