You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok. You're a lying, hypocritical shitbag who tried to get someone off here sacked from his job.

oh, that's not new.....

That's right, it's a complete and utter lie. We'll put that one in the irony file too, shall we.

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

My point being that if we start blaming people for what others do in their vicinity, Corbyn comes off looking much worse. Personally, I think people are only guilty of things they themselves do (with some obvious exceptions). 

You know, I'm just salty that Corbyn is still somehow relevant to political discourse in the UK. It really needs to stop at some point. 

Maybe if people ,I'm assuming Labour supporters, turned their Ire on the current lot of cunts running the country, as opposed to a Labour leader who has been out of office for over 2 years now ,maybe we could move on?

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Maybe but I don’t think this is the “gotcha” it’s presented as, he should have said the evidence points towards Russia in the first instance because it clearly did. I think he’s backtracking a bit here. 

From memory the government refused to give him the full information they had as they said he was a security risk.

Presumably this was around the time johnson was fucking of his security team so he could have a piss up with his Russian chum.

36 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

From memory the government refused to give him the full information they had as they said he was a security risk.

Presumably this was around the time johnson was fucking of his security team so he could have a piss up with his Russian chum.

Fair enough 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

More totally normal happenings in the UK…

“You’ve just said you’d like to punch a 72 year old man in the face. Let’s all have a good chuckle about it!”

Whatever you think of corbyn the way he has been utterly vilified in this country is an utter fucking disgrace.

15 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

More totally normal happenings in the UK…

“You’ve just said you’d like to punch a 72 year old man in the face. Let’s all have a good chuckle about it!”

I agree, they aren’t even fucking trying! Much better to wish a woman was killed in a terrorist attack.  Stay classy. 

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Whatever you think of corbyn the way he has been utterly vilified in this country is an utter fucking disgrace.

Only today in the commons a tory MP who was accusing Labour of bullying and playing party over #partygate yet again lied and said that Corbyn had been sanctioned by the EHRC. They were terrified of him so they smeared him, it got them into power we now have an element of society who hate this lifelong pacifist so much that they find it acceptable to say on a national sports radio show that they would like to punch him. Vile horrible lying shitstains. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Only today in the commons a tory MP who was accusing Labour of bullying and playing party over #partygate yet again lied and said that Corbyn had been sanctioned by the EHRC. They were terrified of him so they smeared him, it got them into power we now have an element of society who hate this lifelong pacifist so much that they find it acceptable to say on a national sports radio show that they would like to punch him. Vile horrible lying shitstains. 

The idea of Corbyn sending any military aid to Ukraine is impossible. 

Just now, Arniepie said:

Right so you responded to a post about corbyn getting threatened with a remark about Thatcher?presumably?that he didn't say?

Gotcha.

No you fucking cretin I responded to a poster moaning about Corbyn not getting punched who’d previously posted that he regretted Thatcher not being killed in Brighton.  I mean it’s ok if it’s someone on your side right? 

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I agree, they aren’t even fucking trying! Much better to wish a woman was killed in a terrorist attack.  Stay classy. 

My first is in boat, but not in tomato. I travel around the world but get wetter the more I dry. My second is in “stop being a cryptic tosspiece” but not in “just say what you’ve got to say!” What am I? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

No you fucking cretin I responded to a poster moaning about Corbyn not getting punched who’d previously posted that he regretted Thatcher not being killed in Brighton.  I mean it’s ok if it’s someone on your side right? 

Oh dear.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Was that me? 

On 08/04/2022 at 22:08, Arniepie said:

There was no change after he got the full information though. It was a really bizarre and dogmatic stance to take, and I think was the beginning of the end for him.

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to blame Russia for Salisbury attack despite seeing new evidence (politicshome.com)

15 April 2018

Jeremy Corbyn has refused to blame Russia for the Salisbury nerve agent attack, despite being given access to the latest government intelligence on the case.

The Labour leader said there must be “incontrovertible evidence” before Putin’s regime can be held responsible for the assassination attempt on ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, which took place on British soil last month.

Mr Corbyn’s stance reopens a split in Labour’s top team, with shadow chancellor John McDonnell unequivocally condemning the Russian state over the attack.  

In the wake of the poisoning, Mr McDonnell told ITV’s Peston on Sunday that Vladimir Putin was “responsible, whichever way you look at it he is responsible and all the evidence points to him”.

But asked if he agreed with the shadow chancellor, Mr Corbyn told the BBC’s Andrew Marr show today: “What I would say is, if we are going to make a very, very clear assertion like that we have got to have the absolute evidence to do it.

“Because listen – we believe in rules-based diplomacy. We believe in rules-based international relationships.

“Therefore, you have got to have incontrovertible evidence otherwise you reduce your ability to criticise other people…

“Assertions and probability are not the same as certainty.”  

Despite being given access to the latest evidence on the case, Mr Corbyn repeatedly refused to blame Russia for the attack but said that President Putin’s regime should be challenged over its production of the nerve agent, Novichok.

He said: “I think it is very clear that the nerve agent itself is very similar to those made in Russia, Novichok is what we call it.

“Obviously there has to be some challenge to Russia on this and that is what is going on.

“And I would want to challenge the Russians on the production of this as indeed I would any other countries producing something that is wholly and totally illegal.”

This comes after the Foreign Secretary said the findings of the chemical watchdog, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, proved unequivocally that Moscow was responsible for the poisoning.

Boris Johnson said the OPCW’s ruling, which backed the Government's stance, meant there was "no alternative explanation about who was responsible - only Russia has the means, motive and record".

However, Mr Corbyn disputed this conclusion, saying: “The OPCW’s job is to identify what the agent was and they have done that.

“Sadly, it is not their job to identify who made it or necessarily where it was made and I do think we need to strengthen the role of the OPCW in the future.”

Just now, Nelly-Matip said:

My first is in boat, but not in tomato. I travel around the world but get wetter the more I dry. My second is in “stop being a cryptic tosspiece” but not in “just say what you’ve got to say!” What am I? 

A cunt?