You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gone

Dicko

managers do well and then at the first sign of trouble fans turn, we fuck them off and start all over again.

Spineless cunts these owners

Wrong. They gave him more time after last season went to shit and our captain finished his time here with a 6-1 away defeat at Stoke. So no, not the first sign of trouble. It didn't work out. Deal with it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Wrong. They gave him more time after last season went to shit and our captain finished his time here with a 6-1 away defeat at Stoke. So no, not the first sign of trouble. It didn't work out. Deal with it.

Spot on. I think I can safely class myself as one of his biggest supporters on here, but he lasted a poor season, as he should given the progression in the first season and the blazing second, he was given the money to rebuild, and he fucked it. The argument that he was given too much time holds, though I disagree with it; the argument that he wasn't given enough time doesn't. At all.

• Upvote 1

Woke up this morning and suddenly remembered, Rodgers had gone. Rather than punch the air, I just feel a little sad. Not really that much for him, he will take millions in compensation and has his housing empire to ensure his future. Plus he will walk in to a job at any mid to lower team and find it a lot easier to learn there. I just always feel a little sad when we sack a manger because it's an admission of failure, it means we have to start again.  

Along with that sadness though is hope, something I'll admit I've struggled to have for quite a while under Rodgers. I didn't want him here, he won me over in his second season but then it all fell away. Like many others I felt the time to sack him was in the summer. Maybe the decision was taken in the summer and maybe FSGs first choices were unavailable then, so they waited. There's an interesting conspiracy that some of the purchases in the summer could have been influenced by our future manger. The first point I'll admit sounds plausible the second probably a coincidence. 

What I do know is that a more experienced manager will get more from this squad than the previous one. A more experienced manager will have the team acting like a team and not a bunch of strangers on a football pitch. 

So sadness, hope and I'm going to add excitement to my feelings today. Something I've also not felt in a while. You get used to the situation you live in, that's an incredible ability we as humans have, to adapt to our current situation. I've worked in some harsh environments under some pretty awful conditions and I just got used to it. It wasn't until I then went elsewhere that it hit me how bad it had been. That's what has happened here, we've just all adapted to mediocrity. Our bar has been lowered to believing the first half against Arsenal (where we didn't score) is the highlight of the season. If they pick the right manager now prepare to have your mind blown, what we've been watching has been turgid, shite. I can't help but feel excitement now as I look forward to what is to come. I can add anticipation to those feelings.

There can be no complaints, we were in relegation form with no sign of improving. For all we can criticise FSG for not acting in the summer we can applaud them for acting swiftly now, while there's still enough of the season left. Once the dust settles I look forward to a united fanbase again, the divisions are never good and ruin something that is supposed to be fun, an escape from the chores of normal living. Football should become fun again.

FSG have just made a big decision, the next one is the biggest yet. Don't fuck it up again. 

• Upvote 6

I thought Brendan was amazing when we got second, but even during that golden period, i always felt like he was acting at being the Liverpool manager rather than just being it. He talked a bit too much crap, and had his teeth whitened, which I always take as a warning sign.

All in all, it just didn't work out and this has been on the cards for a while. I hope the new bloke gets some time to sort stuff out.

• Upvote 2

I hope now we get a sensible approach to transfers. When I say sensible all I want is:

1). Instead of buying 4 players who are average to shite just buy one good player who instantly improves the first team.

2). Stop the pointless hoarding of "wonder kids" who never get a look in and just get sold to a mid table Spanish team when they are in their early twenties, having wasted years of development.

3). Stop buying players from mid table premier league teams who have one good game against us.

4). Stop buying tons of attacking midfielders when we badly need a centre mid who can protect the defence.

5). Stop buying cowards who give up at the slightest sign of adversity.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

With Rafa is was the goatee. With Rodgers is was the teeth. If Klopp joins, it needs to be written into his contract that he must not have highlights in his hair.

• Upvote 1

With Rafa is was the goatee. With Rodgers is was the teeth. If Klopp joins, it needs to be written into his contract that he must not have highlights in his hair.

Klopp has already done the "Rooney" there. And with much better results as well.

Disgusted with the club, the loonies have taken over and they bowed down to fan pressure.No manager will ever succeed here now as they aren't allowed a bad season.

Groundhog Day for the next however many years FSG are here, managers do well and then at the first sign of trouble fans turn, we fuck them off and start all over again.

Spineless cunts these owners

KHB.gif

Enjoy the mediocrity that awaits when the owners hire the next guy who impresses them in an interview, fans have brought it on themselves.

dff8a75ee93b18cba7e7337fd63e962c.jpg

Why the fuck did they let him spend 80m and keep him on if they were going to sack him 2 months in?

This is fucking ridiculous, we could have got Jose a man who will guarantee the title if they had waited a bit longer.They don't want Klopp, Ancellotti doesn't fit the profile so we are going to end up with another young up and comer.

giphy.gif

You tell me, I only heard about him from someone posting his tweets on here.

f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif

jack_lol.gif

XzkaX9b.gif

tumblr_static_jim_carey_lol_gif.gif

• Upvote 5

Woke up this morning and suddenly remembered, Rodgers had gone. Rather than punch the air, I just feel a little sad. Not really that much for him, he will take millions in compensation and has his housing empire to ensure his future. Plus he will walk in to a job at any mid to lower team and find it a lot easier to learn there. I just always feel a little sad when we sack a manger because it's an admission of failure, it means we have to start again.

Along with that sadness though is hope, something I'll admit I've struggled to have for quite a while under Rodgers. I didn't want him here, he won me over in his second season but then it all fell away. Like many others I felt the time to sack him was in the summer. Maybe the decision was taken in the summer and maybe FSGs first choices were unavailable then, so they waited. There's an interesting conspiracy that some of the purchases in the summer could have been influenced by our future manger. The first point I'll admit sounds plausible the second probably a coincidence.

What I do know is that a more experienced manager will get more from this squad than the previous one. A more experienced manager will have the team acting like a team and not a bunch of strangers on a football pitch.

So sadness, hope and I'm going to add excitement to my feelings today. Something I've also not felt in a while. You get used to the situation you live in, that's an incredible ability we as humans have, to adapt to our current situation. I've worked in some harsh environments under some pretty awful conditions and I just got used to it. It wasn't until I then went elsewhere that it hit me how bad it had been. That's what has happened here, we've just all adapted to mediocrity. Our bar has been lowered to believing the first half against Arsenal (where we didn't score) is the highlight of the season. If they pick the right manager now prepare to have your mind blown, what we've been watching has been turgid, shite. I can't help but feel excitement now as I look forward to what is to come. I can add anticipation to those feelings.

There can be no complaints, we were in relegation form with no sign of improving. For all we can criticise FSG for not acting in the summer we can applaud them for acting swiftly now, while there's still enough of the season left. Once the dust settles I look forward to a united fanbase again, the divisions are never good and ruin something that is supposed to be fun, an escape from the chores of normal living. Football should become fun again.

FSG have just made a big decision, the next one is the biggest yet. Don't fuck it up again.

Good post that mate.

It is telling that the overwhelming emotion after Brendan was sacked is relief.

I never thought that it was wrong to give him a go, but it was a risk I would not have taken. For me he just did not have the credentials for the job, but I understand the argument that some special coaches just need a chance, and they will seize it. Who was to know? Odds against, but when your other options are Paul Lambert and Bob Martinez, why not?

In order to take a position like the manager’s at LFC you need to believe and have confidence in yourself, so I excused the initial huster and bluster. Sometimes you have to fake it before you can make it. That breathing space was always going to be limited.

The fundamental flaws in his application were, in retrospect, astonishing. One year’s Pl experience, won nothing, no European experience, very brief playing and managerial experience, no experience at the top end of the transfer market, no experience of assembling a side. What were FSG thinking?

He did have a reputation as an emerging coach. He was the most voracious of devourers of FA media courses, he put both to good effect when he started. But his confidence over reached his ability from the start. Someone so inexperienced was mad to eschew the services of a DOF or eminence grise, the inexperienced Ayre was mad to acquiesce.

That first year was fine. It is easy to underestimate the problems left by KK’s tenure. Brendan sorted it out. How? By positivism and good coaching, his signings had a negligible impact on the squad for two reasons, firstly they weren’t good enough, secondly they were too few to matter.

Year two, The Second Finish, is the contentious one. Firstly, a second placed league finish is just that, a creditable achievement, and one of which he can be rightly proud. Secondly, only a fool would ignore the context. His failure to win a Euro place meant no European mid- week football to distract. His failure in the early rounds of the domestic cups meant we could concentrate on the league. We had no significant injury problems, and most refereeing decisions went our way. Suarez was gearing up to showcase his talents in a World Cup year.

Meanwhile amongst our competitors, Chelsea and Man U had new managers who needed to change things, the latter disastrously, and Arsenal were riven by injuries. That does not lessen Brendan’s achievement- management is about making the most of the hand you have been dealt. But it does offer context to why those thinking that he could “go again” were wrong. Those circumstances were never going to repeat themselves. And although it is true that Brendan created the framework for some great football, and bucket loads of goals, he also failed to fix the defence. If he had that season, we would have won the league. So was that second finish testament to a great managerial achievement, or a flawed regime?

Suarez departure for season three was not Rodgers’ fault. Sturridge’s injury was cruel misfortune. But in the same way that he rode his luck in season two, he had to make it in season three. He failed. His “philosophy” was exposed as “get it to Suarez”. No manager would not have been set back by the loss of the SAS. But a wise one would have realised that shutting the back door quick was THE priority when we were not going to score enough goals, and recruiting players who were going to chip in goals from other positions to make good the shortfall was vital. He failed. That was when the coaching skills we thought we had bought at the expense of experience were needed- we were conned. Balotelli, Lovrens, Lambert, Lallana, all went backwards. As the season wore on the bankruptcy of his input became increasingly exposed, not least against Villa at Wembley, at home against Palace and then away Stoke. The writing was on the wall. He was out of ideas. He claimed he had “much more to give”. It was more of the same.

However it is Europe which has been the most glaring forum for Brendan’s inability. LFC is one of the greatest clubs in European football history, with a 21st century record of success. It defines LFC as a club whose reach stretches far beyond our island nation. Brendan’s current record is one win in nine Euro games- that win against Ludogorets Razgrad. We are the richest club in the EL, yet under Brendan, we have become a much anticipated day out for the likes of Sion.That is not, never was, and never will be, good enough.

Finding a manager to restore our club to greatness will be difficult. Finding someone with a better CV than Brendan to try will be easy. In Greek mythology, Icarus ignored his father’s warnings by flying his waxed feathered wings too close to the sun, and perished. Similarly, Brendan ignored our defence, the need for a DOF, jettisoned experience like Agger, Reina, Carra and Stevie G, thinking he could fly, but instead suffered the same fate as Icarus.

I don’t blame Brendan. He was not up to the job, but who wouldn’t have taken it if offered? He was like the kid in Willy Wonkas chocolate factory who won the golden ticket. But now Brendan has woken up, and it was only a fantasy. I do blame FSG for making such a high risk appointment, and then ignoring the end of last season’s debacle . Perhaps they will give Pascoe and Marsh their jobs back now?

• Upvote 10

Long time ago, in another place, I remember discussing with Coro, managers that would be ideal to succeed Rafa, in case Rafa was pushed to the exit by the loan arrangers. We concluded that the Benfica/Atletico Madrid manager Quique Sanchez Flores (now managing Watford) would be the best. Later the club decided that Hodgson was the most suitable replacement.

I also remember the Swansea manager, before Brendan Rodgers, Paulo Sousa. A great Portuguese former player. He moved to Switzerland and won the League, then Israel and won the League. He is now managing Fiorentina, who are top of Serie A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Sousa

• Upvote 3

Long time ago, in another place, I remember discussing with Coro, managers that would be ideal to succeed Rafa, in case Rafa was pushed to the exit by the loan arrangers. We concluded that the Benfica/Atletico Madrid manager Quique Sanchez Flores (now managing Watford) would be the best. Later the club decided that Hodgson was the most suitable replacement.

I also remember the Swansea manager, before Brendan Rodgers, Paulo Sousa. A great Portuguese former player. He moved to Switzerland and won the League, then Israel and won the League. He is now managing Fiorentina, who are top of Serie A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Sousa

on scale of 1-2 how many people would be satisfied with those appointments