You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

Where does rape come into two adults who have never met texting each other?

You do come out with some utterly bizarre non sequiturs on occasion.

Just because you can't follow it, doesn't make it a non sequitur. It was just a hyperbolic extension of your line of reasoning (that because she's not a perfectly innocent virgin, then the actions which Danczuk himself admits were wrong are somehow OK) for comic/rhetorical purposes.

I would have thought that was clear enough to any intelligent person.

• Downvote 1

You know it was in response to your nonsense Dominatrix comment.

What was nonsense about it?

She's painted herself in the media - or, should I say, The Sun - as some naif who has been scandalised by a few mildly sexual exchanges (that she initiated, natch).

Now it turns out she performs sexual services for money.

I have no problem with folk who want to live their lives like that, but I will rightly ridicule them if they attempt to portray themselves as wide-eyed innocents.

I have no idea how she has painted herself in The Scum.  Obviously.  The point is irrelevant anyway.  The offence isn't in whether she was scandalised; the offence lies in whether or not he abused a position of authority over someone under the age of 18.  There was sufficient grounds for the Police to investigate.  Most normal people would be able to see that that is morally dodgy, to say the least.

The teenage girls who were sexually abused in Rotherham probably didn't paint themselves as innocent "naifs" either.  Does the fact that a girl of, say, 14 thinks she's streetwise and sexually mature make her fair game for an adult in a position of authority over her?  Or, should he have some inbuilt sense of a duty of care; some sort of morally active conscience telling him to back off?

I remember the same level of moral outrage when a well known forumite started a thread in this very forum about bumming a rather attractive intern he'd recently taken on.

Oh, sorry, no, I've got that completely wrong, nobody was arsed in the slightest.

I remember the same level of moral outrage when a well known forumite started a thread in this very forum about bumming a rather attractive intern he'd recently taken on.

Oh, sorry, no, I've got that completely wrong, nobody was arsed in the slightest.

I missed that one.  If said forumite was in the UK and the intern/bumee was under 18, he is officially a Sex Offender!

Anyway, I don't want to exaggerate the extent of the moral outrage I feel about Danczuk's actions, in respect of the texts at least.  What he did was grounds for investigation under the Sexual Offences Act (which, I believe, have been completed, with no further Police action to be taken) and it was a piss-poor error of judgement which showed a man who slings his moral compass away when his dick wakes up.  I just can't wrap my head around Stronts's determination to defend Danczuk, when the man himself admits he did wrong.

I missed that one.  If said forumite was in the UK and the intern/bumee was under 18, he is officially a Sex Offender!

Anyway, I don't want to exaggerate the extent of the moral outrage I feel about Danczuk's actions, in respect of the texts at least.  What he did was grounds for investigation under the Sexual Offences Act (which, I believe, have been completed, with no further Police action to be taken) and it was a piss-poor error of judgement which showed a man who slings his moral compass away when his dick wakes up.  I just can't wrap my head around Stronts's determination to defend Danczuk, when the man himself admits he did wrong.

i'm sure you can.

It's good to know if you are engaged in offering dominatrix services to people you choose, you can't be stalked, abused, or assaulted.

That's what's nonsense about it.

By the way, after accusing Liverpool fans of somehow supporting the Sun, I see you ignored the titbit about him writing for it. Maybe he can shuffle sideways onto the Lib Dem benches and Tim can take his confession. At least until he loses his seat to Labour at the next election.

Some pretty low stuff here gents. Throwing a bit of rape into the conversation because some quite tame text messages aren't juicy enough?

My first instinct that she seems to be quite a grubby little person taking the Sun's money to play a part for them seems to be not far off.

• Upvote 2

Some pretty low stuff here gents. Throwing a bit of rape into the conversation because some quite tame text messages aren't juicy enough?

My first instinct that she seems to be quite a grubby little person taking the Sun's money to play a part for them seems to be not far off.

Which part of "throwing a bit of rape in" do you object to? The bit where I pointed out that taking judgement of the girl's character into consideration is the same line of reasoning used by people who talk about "contributory negligence" or the bit where someone subsequently accused him of rape?
  • Upvote 1

He's been accused of rape Stu.

I reckon those papers are laughing their cocks off at the way they've fucked him over. He's useful to them to the extent that he keeps Corbyn's Labour Party weak and divided, but they can't allow him - or any of the Bitterites - to become popular or successful, for fear of a post-Corbyn Labour victory.

They played him and he was too vain and stupid to see it.

Fuck him.

• Upvote 1

Which part of "throwing a bit of rape in" do you object to? The bit where I pointed out that taking judgement of the girl's character into consideration is the same line of reasoning used by people who talk about "contributory negligence" or the bit where someone subsequently accused him of rape?

No, the bit where you infer that SD will be just as happy to defend a rape as a text. And, as you have done there again, trying to conflate reasoning when talking about a rape to reasoning when talking about receiving a very tame text message.

I missed that one. If said forumite was in the UK and the intern/bumee was under 18, he is officially a Sex Offender!

In the nicest possible way - absolute bollocks.

The police and CPS have said so repeatedly.

Just because you employ a 17 year old doesn't mean you can't smash her into next week every night of the week.

And quite rightly too.

I can't stand the bloke - he's a prick.

But he responded to texts from a dirty little tramp, yes she was under 18 but still of legal age and actually never worked for him.

However, that's irrelevant in this case as the police have already ruled.

So as often as people want to cite the sexual offences act it's completely irrelevant. Just as the police ruled.

Question his morals, kick him out at the next election if you wish but let's not make stuff up.

The odious cunt has plenty we can go to town on.

• Upvote 2

What was nonsense about it?She's painted herself in the media - or, should I say, The Sun - as some naif who has been scandalised by a few mildly sexual exchanges (that she initiated, natch).Now it turns out she performs sexual services for money.I have no problem with folk who want to live their lives like that, but I will rightly ridicule them if they attempt to portray themselves as wide-eyed innocents.

Consistency!!!

• Upvote 1