You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Freedom of speech

banger

I tend to find that my life isn't overly held back by those pesky transsexuals.

My fledgling acting career was over before it began when I wrote to Michael Bay about a part in Dark of the Moon & he said they'd got the majority of the roles, the bastards.

Classic conservatism. Low in openness. Invents victimhood to rationalise emotions of disgust. Has nothing to say about the top 0.3% of wealth owners having a disproportionate impact on society. Boring.

Low in openness and feelings of disgust? You obviously didn’t frequent G.A.Y and Paradise Factory in the 90’s.

You described all trans as victims, how many do you know? Those I know would kick your fat Aussie arse if you called them victims.

Remember when cis male Eddie Redmayne was torn apart for playing a trans character?

No?

Me either. While the argument for trans performers getting a chance to portray trans characters is clearly fair enough, can't help but feel that there's a real element of anti-feminist feeling underlying the reaction here.

Mind you, has to be said the exclusionary attitudes of some feminist writers you see ono twitter is equally depressing at this point.

• Upvote 1

Low in openness and feelings of disgust? You obviously didn’t frequent G.A.Y and Paradise Factory in the 90’s.

You described all trans as victims, how many do you know? Those I know would kick your fat Aussie arse if you called them victims.

I did nothing of the sort. I'm saying you're victimising yourself and treating trans women as men in drag to rationalise your disgust towards them. Haven't you been taking your Intellectual Dark Web classes?

• Upvote 1

I did nothing of the sort. I'm saying you're victimising yourself and treating trans women as men in drag to rationalise your disgust towards them. Haven't you been taking your Intellectual Dark Web classes?

My disgust towards my friends? Who I’ve known for over 20 years? You’re fucking mental.

Funny he prefaces some of his stuff with being worried about being on the wrong side of history while clearly searching for the most absurd examples to share with 650k followers for approval.

That episode of the IT Crowd hasn't been ageing well regardless of what he finds to excuse his prejudice now.

Basically there are a lot of mental, deluded people on twitter.  No shit.  Kind of feel he's also lost some perspective on the matter at this point.  Although, have to say, I used to follow him but unfollowed just for the way he'd take over your feed with dozens of posts that all say the same thing - rather than disagreeing with him on anything in particular.