You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

We didn't need him, we needed a Schneiderlin or a Matic not more luxury players we can't accommodate.

Spot on. This has been the case for fucking years though. A quality DM should have been one of three must buys (along with a CB and striker). That would have strengthened the starting 11 and ensured a title challenge. Instead we buy a shit CB (to supplement the other 4 average ones), no DM and a striker who doesn't strike.

In any business apart from football that kind of incompetence wouldn't be allowed. It's embarrassing, truly embarrassing. The fact we did the same thing a few years ago makes it even more sickening (and a few years before that as well).

Back on topic, I like Lallana, he's look a good player however our focus and money should have been elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

told ye all 3 months ago

Before he played the equivalent of seven games for us. Intermittently. After a lengthy injury.

We paid far too much for him, but Lallana is not a major issue, as far as I'm concerned. Especially in the aftermath of a defeat in which he didn't play. Which was preceded by the toughest of away games in which he played pretty well.

• Upvote 1

told ye all 3 months ago

Oh fuck off, the kid was injured in his first few months at the club and looks one of the only players in the side at the moment who can trap and pass a football, and that's a plus if you want to be a professional football player.

“When you recall what has happened to Bolton player Fabrice Muamba, I realise how lucky I am,” said Lallana, whose heart scare was detected when a training monitor brought up an irregular beat.

Recalling the time, he told the Daily Star Sunday: “It was a dark period of my life, scary. I had an operation that decided which way my career went. There was an element of risk. Thankfully I am here today, fit and healthy.

“Fabrice wasn’t so lucky but at least it has made us all aware and I regularly have my heart monitored

1377172658-zaf263-o.jpg

facepalm.gif

• Upvote 2

It'll matter if he drops dead (for obvious reasons) or if he doesn't (because the relevant insurance must be costing a bomb - on top of the massive transfer fee)...

Most players fee's are dependant on the number of appearances a player makes, in this case it should be more so. There should also be an agreement in place between both clubs for any future catastrophes regarding Lallana's health, Ayre should have insisted Southmampton pay toward insurance costs, though i might be wrong.

Most players fee's are dependant on the number of appearances a player makes, in this case it should be more so. There should also be an agreement in place between both clubs for any future catastrophes regarding Lallana's health, Ayre should have insisted Southmampton pay toward insurance costs, though i might be wrong.

Might be...

article-2375974-1AF842EA000005DC-6_634x6

£25m bench warmer when there's so many holes in the first team.  Lallana might be a decent player but that's just not good enough.  It says a lot about the disastrous summer we've had that that buy is far from the worse.

We've also managed to buy a £20m under 21 player who looks a shadow of the player Suso is.  A £20m centre back who couldn't play worse if he was actively throwing games.  Taking all that into consideration it's strange a forward who's a bit simple is taking most of the flak.