You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

When interviewed about his goal yesterday, Wayne Rooney actually came across as fairly articulate and made me see him in a different light.

Plus, the claims that he is "fat" are ridiculous.

Not nearly as ridiculous as anyone claiming he isn't

Orrible fat cunt

Yeah, but objective fandom ruins the joy of insulting opposition players.

Rooney's shit and fat; his fat is made up of shit, and his shit largely consists of fat.

He's fucking fat at football as well, the shit cunt

• Upvote 1

Rooney is fat but not that shit. I also quite like the way he laughed at Nani after the Carra tackle and when we played them gave Luis a little hug when they shook hands pre match. I think he is a twat cause he wants to win but is probably basically OK. He needs to embrace his fatness baldness and uglyness though

• 1 month later...

I've never actuay enjoyed going to the match, for the reason I don't like paying good money to be treated like an animal.

Football grounds are like festivals and big night clubs in the sense it's the only place where they treat you like they're actually doing you a favour for letting you in, even though you've paid, expect you to do as you're told and then launch you out with aplomb as soon as it's over.

The lack of respect comes over in the quality of drink and food that gets served. May have been acceptable when your were paying five quid to get in the game, but not fifty, it's as though you're not worth the effort because they've got an unlimited number of fans to replace you if you're not there, which is true, as far as you're concerned you just don't matter.

The corporate side of football has shot through the roof in leaps and bounds, with one notable exception - the way it actually treats the customer.

On a related note, I've always been baffled why people who put themselves through this regularly consider themselves to have more valid football opinions. I know a fan of another club who I sometimes go and watch a local league club with, and he thinks I'm a bit of a journeyman fan, yet admits he usually aims to get to matches after the 50 minute mark because he's had a few drinks and 'that's when most of the action happens', he also likes to skit any nearby coppers. This appears to be old school.

The match these days also seems to be very much a men's fashion show too.

Nah, when it comes to footy I'd rather watch us on the telly and watch local league stuff next to one man and his dog while sipping some particularly awful cup a soup.

• Upvote 3

We should pay 25 million for lallana and have done with it

As good as this Can might be, we should be going after established players. Fuck the building project, we finished second we are two/three established players away from winning the cunting thing

Balotelli might be a cunt but him and suarez together would be unreal.

I've never actuay enjoyed going to the match, for the reason I don't like paying good money to be treated like an animal.

Football grounds are like festivals and big night clubs in the sense it's the only place where they treat you like they're actually doing you a favour for letting you in, even though you've paid, expect you to do as you're told and then launch you out with aplomb as soon as it's over.

The lack of respect comes over in the quality of drink and food that gets served. May have been acceptable when your were paying five quid to get in the game, but not fifty, it's as though you're not worth the effort because they've got an unlimited number of fans to replace you if you're not there, which is true, as far as you're concerned you just don't matter.

The corporate side of football has shot through the roof in leaps and bounds, with one notable exception - the way it actually treats the customer.

On a related note, I've always been baffled why people who put themselves through this regularly consider themselves to have more valid football opinions. I know a fan of another club who I sometimes go and watch a local league club with, and he thinks I'm a bit of a journeyman fan, yet admits he usually aims to get to matches after the 50 minute mark because he's had a few drinks and 'that's when most of the action happens', he also likes to skit any nearby coppers. This appears to be old school.

The match these days also seems to be very much a men's fashion show too.

Nah, when it comes to footy I'd rather watch us on the telly and watch local league stuff next to one man and his dog while sipping some particularly awful cup a soup.

Your mate pays £50 quid to get into the match after the second half as started and then rip into the coppers?

That's not old school, that's no school. What a helmet.

• Upvote 2