You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Banks - Bankers

Bobby Hundreds

That sounds interesting can you just use any ATM aswell. Is this one of these banks that's actually part of one of the big banks.

I've banned myself from the cameron cuts thread, I need to start banning myself from reading any of the online papers now too. I'm livid with this country. I wouldn't mind at the minute not one single cut or austerity measure has effected me. I earn good money I have at the minute what seems like good job security my disposable income I'm more than happy with but it makes me sick seeing whats happening to others and on the opposite end of the spectrum its wealth beyond measure genuine vulgar amounts of resources directed to those who already have vulgar amounts of resources. You look at policies and decisions and its all sewn up its all rigged in favour of those with power because they shape the rules.

We are blackmailed with the prospect we have to pay these bankers or the best people will leave we have to give them 200 percent bonus because the best people will leave. FUCK THEM let them leave good riddance, you constantly fucking fail, you create bubble after bubble, you direct all the wealth into fewer and fewer hands and you use that wealth to get yourselves even greater wealth meanwhile all the fire stations close, hospitals are run down, the poorest in society get the blame because they claim 80 quid or some meager amount. But we have to bow to your every demand otherwise we won't be able to watch you get richer and richer year after year. Its easy for Tories to make fucking cuts on services and social security schemes they will never have needed to use either in generations past or in the future. Its easy for them because any measure made is made in their favour and never at their expense.

Fuck labour too you shameful bastards, you forget who you are, don't hide the union connection; celebrate it, say hang on a second if it wasn't for workers fighting for their rights you'd fucking have none, every single step toward a freer fairer society was fought for. You think the powers that be decided hang on workers should be entitled to paid holidays, workers should have a safe working environment, workers should receive sick pay and be compensated should they be laid off. Strike the word workers for human beings the vast majority of who work there fucking arses off. These pricks must think all working class stay at home drinking cans of beer smoking ciggies, who do you think does all the fucking work you twats look at everything you own, everything you eat, everything delivered, every service every fucking function of society is done by the people politicians and the media like to shit on at every opportunity.

Trickle down trickle down the only thing that trickles down is contempt. Wealth creators my arse whats better for the economy do these horders of wealth buy millions of pints of milk a week do they buy millions of loafs of bread do they buy hundreds of thousands of averaged price cars does their wealth go back into the system anywhere near the level of the ordinary person. Why the fuck does society have to be totally engineered in favour of wealth on unimaginable scale being syphoned into fewer and fewer hands. Why do we have to be terrified that oh no they might leave, let them leave fuck them in the arse and then in the mouth, let them leave. What will society just stand there and say what are we going to do.... No a gap in the market will give others a chance to shine.

Time for this country to make things. Good things make the british fucking stamp mean something, we can do elegant and push boundaries genuine quality, we don't need to have a society based on cheap labour to maximize profits, we cant be the richest its not possible, we can't be the most powerful its not possible, we can't be the most influential but we can be the best for people.. For our island, we can tidy this shit up we can make it fairer and to fuck with those who say we can't, people can be successful and rich alongside lower classes earning enough not just to survive but to be okay. We should do everything to discourage a life of debt. Money management and the importance of it should be a part of children's education fuck me its insane its isn't already every single thing in life is dictated by it.... Large sections of society are in debt because they trusted people with more knowledge who abused that trust chasing their own greedy desires. Yes I have my head in the fucking clouds. Britain is dogshit and it will remain dogshit because greed is its sole purpose that's it, worship greed encourage greed say its not greed say its striving say its wealth creation say its what makes us free. Greeeeeeeed. Let people die I need a yacht 2 feet longer than my neighbors.

Sorry I did only mean to ask about that banks ATMS. I go on one my heart most definitely rules my head.

• Upvote 9

I think at the moment they only do savings accounts. They plan to have current accounts by 2015, obviously its not as easy for them, what with them not being financial terrorists.

And I hear ya on the rest, Bobby. My views are so far left of even the most left wing of main papers, or left wing of main parties, that all of them just make me want to do some horrible things.

I just don't want to live in a society, or accept a financial system, that allows for some people to be billionaires whilst others can't afford to fucking eat.

Bankers: THE most avaricious, venal and morally bankrupt psychopaths our workforce has to offer, and what role do they have in society? Looking after OUR money. You could not make that shit up. It's like having hypochondriac crack-heads running the NHS.

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to live without a bank account. Can you ask your employer not to pay you straight into a bank account. Fuck banks.

My younger brother has lived w/o a bank account for about 5 yrs now.

He's a Kiwi livng in Australia, so he's treated like shit anyway, in terms of citizens benefits, but after his midlife crisis (he's 49) he left a corporate job, and went walkabout.

He now lives in a tepe, is bare foot all year round, and does deals with landowners for free rent and 'all he can grow'. He pays no tax and mainly barters, with cash jobs when they come along.

He's pretty fucking happy too.

• Upvote 1

I think at the moment they only do savings accounts. They plan to have current accounts by 2015, obviously its not as easy for them, what with them not being financial terrorists.

And I hear ya on the rest, Bobby. My views are so far left of even the most left wing of main papers, or left wing of main parties, that all of them just make me want to do some horrible things.

I just don't want to live in a society, or accept a financial system, that allows for some people to be billionaires whilst others can't afford to fucking eat.

Yeah, credit unions only lend WHAT THEY HAVE. The way its supposed to be. I use a credit union and they have all the services I need.

Bankers: THE most avaricious, venal and morally bankrupt psychopaths our workforce has to offer, and what role do they have in society? Looking after OUR money. You could not make that shit up. It's like having hypochondriac crack-heads running the NHS.

Its worse than that mate.

If we were to (somehow) pay off, collectively, all the private debt that is owed to the banks, we would have NO money supply. Thats right. All the money would disappear, because apart from about 6% which is cash and coin, THE MONEY IS THE DEBT.

Bankers arnt cunts. The system that rewards them is the problem. It just so happens that we have a system that rewards Physcopaths. It rewards Physcopath behaviour. They have capitalised on a system that is put in place by fellow Physcopaths. Why would they work anywhere else? Their very nature ensures they will succeed at any cost and have created the system that we live in. We accept that. We vote for these people. It's time to bring the system down. It's already started.

Somewhere on a banking forum someone is penning an incoherent rant about high paid sportspeople and how they add nothing of value to the economy.

what relevance has that got though mate? 

i don't think anyone on here would disagree with them 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I laught at people who hate bankers whist contributing to pensions and owing 1000's on credit cards. They are not a public service they are in the business of money.

If they're not a public service, how come they cost the government so much money? They should be giving us hand jobs at the fucking ATM.

• Upvote 1

Couple of minor points:

1) the banks and the government aren't the same thing, banking salaries are set by supply and demand, not by the government

2) if you dispute the above, remember Labour presided over the banking crisis, not the tories

3) the public purse stands to benefit from bank 'bailouts' (they were never actually bailouts), which is helping to fund things like the raising of the tax free allowance which has made millions of hard working people better off

4) it was Labour's 'make em poor, keep em poor' vote buying policy (aka the 'welfare' state) that created the majority of the public debt

5) regardless of who is in power right now, Labour's mess needs to be cleaned up by cuts, that's something even Labour themselves agree with (infact that's one of an hilariously long list of Tory policies that Labour initially denounced only to change their minds once the realised it worked)

6) we are more or less the fastest growing economy in the developed world

7) employment is at record levels

8) the country is booming

9) I'm moosebreath and I'm here to straighten this place out a bit

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

Couple of minor points:

1) the banks and the government aren't the same thing, banking salaries are set by supply and demand, not by the government

2) if you dispute the above, remember Labour presided over the banking crisis, not the tories

3) the public purse stands to benefit from bank 'bailouts' (they were never actually bailouts), which is helping to fund things like the raising of the tax free allowance which has made millions of hard working people better off

4) it was Labour's 'make em poor, keep em poor' vote buying policy (aka the 'welfare' state) that created the majority of the public debt

5) regardless of who is in power right now, Labour's mess needs to be cleaned up by cuts, that's something even Labour themselves agree with (infact that's one of an hilariously long list of Tory policies that Labour initially denounced only to change their minds once the realised it worked)

Brush your teeth. 

Couple of minor points:

Listen, don't come in here with facts and sense, you'll get burned like a witch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Couple of minor points:

This will end well.

ETA : Never mind moose, you stink of socks.

Couple of minor points:

I bet he uses hair moose.