You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Darts 2014

The Golden Eel

Just back from a great night out at the PL last night in Belfast.

My first experience of live darts (thanks to the wife for Xmas pressie!) and a thoroughly good night out - what I can remember!

It all went a bit haywire during the last match though, with a ton of beer being thrown around everywhere and fights breaking out all over the place. I'm just wondering - did any of that come across on the TV? I came out totally soaked, and there were people putting umbrellas up at one point.

Just back from a great night out at the PL last night in Belfast.

My first experience of live darts (thanks to the wife for Xmas pressie!) and a thoroughly good night out - what I can remember!

It all went a bit haywire during the last match though, with a ton of beer being thrown around everywhere and fights breaking out all over the place. I'm just wondering - did any of that come across on the TV? I came out totally soaked, and there were people putting umbrellas up at one point.

It didn't but this is the first year at the Echo where people haven't lobbed pints.

But Phil Taylor lost again so you feel better, no?

• Upvote 1

decent night of entertainment even if the results wern't what I wanted

wasn't too fussed about Newton v Thornton and Anderson v Chizzy as nothing against any of them and both were decent games, wanted Lewis to annihilate Coco the Clown, love watching MVG on full flow so disappointing he was off his game badly, like Barny too though so guess it wasn't too bad and would've been funny for Taylor to lose again but was always going to get a win at some point

despite his controversial omission which I disagreed with at the time have to say I don't think Wade has been missed, sure he'll have a point to prove in the next televised event mind!

I miss Wade, like him though he never seems to be liked anywhere. Good games last night, have to say im gutted that Liverpool was the 1st night, have to wait till next year now. Hoping to go to Blackpool for the Matchpaly and to London for the worlds again

didn't realise Uk Open was on this weekend til last night, gutted I'm out tomorrow and saturday night, may have to record, avoid the scores then massively hog the tv sunday

Looking forward to coming on here ranting about how much I hate Peter Wright again tonight

This Lewis v MVG match should be a cracker. Obvs.

180 city.

van Gerwen scores too quickly and too consistently for Lewis usually, MVG threw that away tonight. He's a really good player but he has some legs where he's nowhere near. In the longer format you'll get away with that mostly. In the Premier League short format, you won't against someone as relentless as MVG.Usually.

And another Taylor loss - it makes my day whenever he loses. It will be amazing if he goes out but I'm fairly sure he won't.

• Upvote 1