You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

How did Norwich get van Wolfswinkel for 8.5mil without any other club bidding more for him? 45 goals in 88 appearances for Sporting Lisbon over two seasons? Surely he's going to be a great striker here with the right support. Makes me wonder what our scouts for that area think when they see clubs like Norwich getting a player like that for that price.

92 goals in 207 appearances when you add his stats for his time in the Dutch league too.

Edited by Red Phoenix

I know it sounds crazy but hear me out, why not work on more than one deal at once??

That might be a bit much to ask of Ian "Hot" Ayre don't you think? How's he meant to find the time? He's more inclined to waste his time getting himself photographed looking a complete twat sitting on people's shoulders, and getting pissed with Alex Pearce.

Daft shiny faced Harley riding fuckwit couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag.

How did Norwich get van Wolfswinkel for 8.5mil without any other club bidding more for him? 45 goals in 88 appearances for Sporting Lisbon over two seasons? Surely he's going to be a great striker here with the right support. Makes me wonder what our scouts for that area think when they see clubs like Norwich getting a player like that for that price.

The answer is obvious. The player simply doesn't want Cl or El football of any sort and negotiated his way to a club certain to get neither.

I'm sure that we have been, but obviously you can't commit to a secondary option if you still think you have a chance at your top choice.

In other words, while I'm sure we were already working on opening up channels of communication with the clubs for our next two or three options, discussing potential prices and logistics, we can't really commit to any of them while we're obviously still hoping Willian works out.

If you think that we haven't already felt out the clubs on at least 4-5 options behind Willian then I don't know what to say. I'm certain we have, but we probably put the negotiations on the back burner while we pursued him. It's obvious the club is capable of more than one negotiation at a time; just look at how we went after Cissokho and Siqueira at the same time. In the end you have to pull the trigger on one of them and that requires focusing on that deal.

They dont seem to do that though, they spend a month on each player and then dont get them it then takes another month to get the next one in place only to reject us.

The deal you referenced wasnt a big money one, thats all.

Good post that, as it is put in a way that people are prepared to read. But the 'profit' that you think they are seeking this year is a drop in the ocean compared to their investment in the club.

We all question the owners Nightcat. We just don't all call them 'disgusting' all the time. There are plenty of people who can see what FSG's end game is. dennis has only just got there, he's just being all Dennis about it.

Can you, or others who think they are smart, put a rough figure on this?

I want to ruin this myth once and for all and ask for the chance to do so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Apparantly Rodgers has said he isn't signing anyone else for now.

I think he will sit on the money for 6 months and try to sign someone in January.

Where has he said that, mate? I'd like to see the transcript before going on a rampage.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Actually ignore it, looks like a bullshit rumour someone started.

No not me. :whatever:

*takes magazine out of gun*

*returns machete to sheath*

*puts tank keys back into safe*

Yeah, I thought so mate.

I'm sure everybody on here will nut in their pants about Yarmolenko....having only seen him against England last year or whatever.

Very embarrassing that spurs, without CL, will be blowing us out of the water and moving even further away from us.

Get a defender and Lamela in and we can make a run for it.