You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan(H) Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suarez seems to want to make anyone who doubted him look like massive cunts on a weekly basis.

Enrique also justified his inclusion with another very good display.

Unsure about the Suso swit ch, but if it was tactical fine. It worked. And Susows terri me in his last couple of games. Henderson is shit, but he played alright and is a better option than Suso on current form

Well done Liverpool and Rodgers

Apart from when Suso came on for Sahin last week and we improved 25%, yes.

Suarez seems to want to make anyone who doubted him look like massive cunts on a weekly basis.

yep

He seems to be less distracted by missed calls and/or offsides etc. Staying on his feet more and just getting on with it.

Its looking like his problems finishing last year may have been the exception rather than the norm.

We had more possession.

Liverpool 49% - 51% Wigan.

Enrique dont care about keeping possession, he wants to move the ball forward and thats probably why he has had good games recently.

Hopefully the trend will continue, we are spending far less time playing it around with no intention of moving the ball forward than what we did at the start of the season, I dont mind us doing this when we have the lead, but when not its utter stupid.

Guest San Don

Well that was good eventually! First half was a cure for insomnia. WTF was Gerrard being used just in front of the back 4? When Suso went off, I fully expected Henderson to assume Gerrard's role and Gerrard to play more advanced. But no it was a straight swap Hendo for Suso.

Half time couldnt come quick enough. The second half was totally different though and what a contribution Henderson made. That, must be his best 60 minutes in a red shirt. Suarez was on fire in the second half as it seemed we didnt piss about, sorry, pass it about as much as in the first half.

Enrique's tap in was well deserved and is one of those things you can say you witnessed that are rarer than a total eclipse of the Sun. Nice to see Jay get on the pitch for the last 10 - 15 minutes too.

The running order for tonight's Match of the Day is in -

Arsenal v Tottenham

Norwich v Manchester United

West Brom v Chelsea

Manchester City v Aston Villa

QPR v Southampton

Reading v Everton

Newcastle v Swansea

Liverpool v Wigan

The running order for tonight's Match of the Day is in -

Arsenal v Tottenham

Norwich v Manchester United

West Brom v Chelsea

Manchester City v Aston Villa

QPR v Southampton

Reading v Everton

Newcastle v Swansea

Liverpool v Wigan

Thanks mate. For the first time in ages I thought about watching tonight, definately a record job

Martinez joins the long list of twats throwing Zlatan at Suarez...

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez accused Luis Suarez of a stamp after the Liverpool striker's match-winning performance at Anfield.

The Wigan manager claimed the Uruguayan stamped on Latics midfielder David Jones in the 63rd minute of the match, which Liverpool won 3-0.

"He was very fortunate because there was a stamp on David Jones that the referee didn't see," Martinez said.

"That wasn't the sign of a top player. He was fortunate today. He was lucky."

Continue reading the main story

When you see the replay it is a clear stamp. It could have been a red card if the referee had seen it

Roberto Martinez

Suarez scored twice in the second half and helped create a third to give Liverpool only their second home win of the season - but Martinez's comments may put the controversial striker in the spotlight again.

"I have not mentioned it to the referee," Martinez added. "The things that may happen on a football pitch should be judged by the referee. Those are the incidents that happen. It wasn't a nasty game, a bad game.

"But when you see the replay it is a clear stamp. It could have been a red card if the referee had seen it. But I am not one to look back."

Everton manager David Moyes also claimed Suarez was fortunate to escape a red card for a challenge on Sylvain Distin in last month's Merseyside derby.

And he has also been accused of diving to win penalties for his team, with Stoke boss Tony Pulis calling for the striker to be banned for trying to con referees.

With his ninth and 10th league goals of the season, Suarez has moved above Manchester United's Robin van Persie to top the Premier League scoring charts.

But Liverpool boss Rodgers - who had already spoken to the media before Martinez made his accusations - was keen to insist that despite Suarez having scored 10 of his side's 17 league goals this season Liverpool are not overreliant on their striker.

"He is a master marksmen, absolutely outstanding and we are thrilled to have him. But the ethos is very much about the team and the team were excellent today," Rodgers said.

"I thought the team was outstanding today. Luis took his goals very well, his movement was outstanding but today was a result for everyone and I was delighted with that performance.

"It is not just Luis Suarez. Luis Suarez finishes off the great work."

Fucking gobshite.

I'd like to see the back of Wigan.

Gobshite chairman, gobshite manager, gobshite fans. A delusional shower of Shitheads who've more than outstayed their welcome at the top table.

Stoke are worse, mate. The sooner they are gone the better for football.

I'd like to see the back of Wigan.

Gobshite chairman, gobshite manager, gobshite fans. A delusional shower of Shitheads who've more than outstayed their welcome at the top table.

Seconded , Imposters in the PL they are , everything about them is small time and when you look at some of the proper clubs in the Championship , much rather a Leeds or Forest than Wigan.

Funny thing though this season is the first season they arn't hot favourites to go down , hopefully the expectation of them to survive screws them.