You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Modern Warfare Remastered

Allan

MWR is finally getting a standalone release.

The game will be available to buy, on its own, from June 27th on PS4, and June 29th on PC & Xbox 1.

At the moment, the price has only been revealed for the US market, $39.99. I'd imagine that the price will translate to £34.99/€34.99.

I'd imagine that if you wanted MWR enough, you would have just grabbed a Legacy Edition of IW at some point, so this post may not be of interest to many, but for those who didn't pick up the Legacy Edition of IW to get MWR as well, now is your opportunity to buy the game.

That said, with CoD WWII due for release in November, I do wonder how much more of a life cycle MWR will have, especially if Activision continue to charge for the Variety Map Pack DLC for MWR. (This really should have been released as free DLC for MWR).

• Upvote 1

Picked up the Legacy Edition last week and thoroughly enjoying playing the single player game. Cannot wait til I get to "All ghillied up"

Same here, picked up for £21.99 on XBox One so looking forward to loading it up! £29.99 to £39.99 for the standalone MW Remastered seems excessive considering how much the Legacy edition originally cost.

• 2 months later...

Will be getting myself on for some play time on this later this evening.

Planning to watch the first half of the RB Leipzig game to see how Naby Keita gets on, then I'll be hopping on to MWR for a while. Feel free to join me or drop me an invite if you're online yourself.