You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Any chance that some of the home nations apart from Ingerland will qualify for a tournament for a change?

Northern Ireland 2-0 up in Greece.

Won our first three games in a qualification for the first time ever. Our snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory is going to be unparalleled... keep tuned in as we get turned over in the remaining games. 

That said, I'm fuckin' lovin' it! 

• Upvote 1

Won our first three games in a qualification for the first time ever. Our snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory is going to be unparalleled... keep tuned in as we get turned over in the remaining games.  That said, I'm fuckin' lovin' it!

It will be good if you get there. I think if you avoid defeat in Romania next month you will have a great chance.

It will be good if you get there. I think if you avoid defeat in Romania next month you will have a great chance.

We could possibly qualify for a play off spot with 14 points... an away win to Faroes will guarantee us 12... whatever we can glean from the rest of the buggers when they come to Belfast (Hungary / Greece / Romania / Finland) will determine it. None of them are renowned for away victories. 

My auld fella went to Valencia in '82 when we beat Spain... never heard the end of it. It would be lovely to just go... to get something silly like that is beyond imagination. 

We'll still manage to find a way to fuck it up. 

We could possibly qualify for a play off spot with 14 points... an away win to Faroes will guarantee us 12... whatever we can glean from the rest of the buggers when they come to Belfast (Hungary / Greece / Romania / Finland) will determine it. None of them are renowned for away victories.

My auld fella went to Valencia in '82 when we beat Spain... never heard the end of it. It would be lovely to just go... to get something silly like that is beyond imagination.

We'll still manage to find a way to fuck it up.

I hope so. Much rather have Northern Ireland there than boring cunts like Greece or Romania. I'd want them to qualify for the novelty factor alone and that they don't get shafted in further qualifying by getting hard groups in the WC.

I hope so. Much rather have Northern Ireland there than boring cunts like Greece or Romania. I'd want them to qualify for the novelty factor alone and that they don't get shafted in further qualifying by getting hard groups in the WC.

That's awful nice of you, but I wouldn't be betting on us yet! Romania next month is pretty much a no lose situation... but if we take something, we might (he said might) just do it! You're welcome to the party if we do!

I was hopeful that Hungary could get through this group but a home loss to N Ireland, a shit draw against Hungary and only managing a single goal against the Faroes seems to make it very unrealistic

Points are points... I don't think goal difference is going to matter in this group (I'm still giddy that we've got +5 (PLUS FIVE) after three though!). Hungary are still well placed for the group IMHO. A wee bit of momentum could see you in Paris!

• Upvote 1

I can't see both Scotland and RoI both qualifing from a group including Germany & Poland... could they? 

I'm still convinced we're extreme outsiders. 

It's possible. Poland are a pretty flaky side. And they still have to travel to Germany, Scotland, and Ireland.

It looks very good for the North after the win in Greece...

That's awful nice of you, but I wouldn't be betting on us yet! Romania next month is pretty much a no lose situation... but if we take something, we might (he said might) just do it! You're welcome to the party if we do!

Points are points... I don't think goal difference is going to matter in this group (I'm still giddy that we've got +5 (PLUS FIVE) after three though!). Hungary are still well placed for the group IMHO. A wee bit of momentum could see you in Paris!

Lets hope both Northern Ireland and Hungary can make it. I'm sure both countries would go nuts if they did.

It's possible. Poland are a pretty flaky side. And they still have to travel to Germany, Scotland, and Ireland.

It looks very good for the North after the win in Greece...

RoI and Scotland hardly reliable at the bookies though!

Lets hope both Northern Ireland and Hungary can make it. I'm sure both countries would go nuts if they did.

Nuts? Aye, and then some! Possible Busmills overdose on the card if we actually qualified... feck knows what would actually happen in France! Travel Insurance nightmare!