You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

I am really starting to get worried that we have missed out the longer this goes on.

-----

Liverpool in pole position to land Sahin

Mike Whalley

August 16, 2012« Black Cats snap up Saha | Soldado: I've snubbed Spurs »

Nuri Sahin is available on a season-long loan

Sahin, 23, is available on a season's loan after struggling to establish himself at the Bernabeu. He has made only 10 appearances for the Spanish champions since arriving from Borussia Dortmund a year ago, and has been told he can move elsewhere in search of first-team football.

The Turkey international has been encouraged to move to Merseyside by his Real team-mate Xabi Alonso, who spent five years at Liverpool.

Arsenal also want the Germany-born midfielder, but it is understood that Liverpool are prepared to pay a larger proportion of his wages.

In addition, Jose Mourinho is reluctant to let Sahin go to another club in this season's Champions League, and so would rather Sahin went to Anfield.

Rodgers is also hopeful of completing a loan move for Barcelona winger Christian Tello, 21, with Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre flying to Spain to finalise negotiations.

Tello impressed at Camp Nou under Pep Guardiola last season, scoring seven times in 22 games. But Guardiola left at the end of the campaign, and his replacement Tito Vilanova has told Tello that his first-team chances will be limited this season.

Liverpool in pole position to land Nuri Sahin ahead of Arsenal | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Although that artical is dated yesterday, it just seems abit old. I though Ayre was in Spain days ago and this gives the impression he is not even out there yet.

I too am worried we could miss out as i think he is a player who will improve the team massivly from what I have heard. I do trust the respected poster on her tho who believe its a done deal.

Although that artical is dated yesterday, it just seems abit old. I though Ayre was in Spain days ago and this gives the impression he is not even out there yet.

I too am worried we could miss out as i think he is a player who will improve the team massivly from what I have heard. I do trust the respected poster on her tho who believe its a done deal.

Ayre may have sorted the bigger details before the lad left for international duty.

Hope he comes as people who have seen him seem to really rate him.

If he doesn't no worries.

Its going to hard to compete with Champions League football and most footballs who want to show their worth would pick CL over most tropheys nowadays.

My only hope is that this is already done and dusted. Ollie Kay might be backtracking but yesterdays signing shows the press actully know fuck all and just repeat what others are thinking/hoping.

not too sure about this now that arsenal have let rvp go, they will desperately try to bring in players like sahin who will easily improve them and also to avoid the fans backlash. one thing we have over them is that he will get more first team opportunities with us, which is very important for a player on loan. if he proves his worth here, he is guaranteed CL football once back at madrid anyways. wish he is willing to let CL experience pass for this season.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
And this' date=' ladies and gentlemen, is why it is more preferable to qualify for the Champions League than to win the Carling Cup.[/quote']

Yeah, it's almost like it's not what attracts the best players.

We have not been even near good enough to deserve CL football over the past few seasons and its not our god giving right to be there. We have fallen behind alot of teams in terms of progression and that shows to the football world. Players like Sahin who are of CL quality will need alot of persuading if they are to sign for us this season. what we have to do is try are hardest to make it happen. The longer we miss out on players like this this longer and harder it will be to get into the CL.

I think the fact Chelsea won the CL and knocked Spurs down to the Europa has given us the perfect oppitunity to compete with them for signings and i think the lure of liverpool will win. As for Arsenal, City, Chelsea and United they all have CL football and its going to damm hard to compete with any of these for an awful lot of players. Sadley.

Prepare for the worst...then anything else will be a nice bonus!

He isn't signing. I know what you are saying but, Arsenal were the first choice so he should have signed for them, we turned his head and I don't think that will be the case again.

Ayre has done a great job I must say, went to Spain to get two players on loan and he'll come back with a bottle of Bacardi and a packet of Benson's!

Arsenal make late offer for Liverpool bound Nuri Sahin - Soccer News - Turkish Football

Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Nuri Şahin however, Arsenal have asked the Real Madrid midfielder to put his decision on hold and reconsider the London club.

The Şahin camp have not ruled out a late change of direction regarding the move and the London club will be using the lure of Champions League football to sway the decision.

The latest efforts by Arsenal follow Barcelona's move for Song, there had been reports that the Şahin deal was dependent on the transfers of Luka Modric to Real and Alex Song to Barcelona.

Şahin is being tipped as a potential replacement for Song however, the Turkish international is likely to replace Jack Wilshere who will miss the opening few months of the season with injury.

Despite keen interest from Arsenal, Liverpool are currently closest to completing a one-year loan transfer for Şahin.

La Liga based journalist, Graham Hunter, speaking on Irish radio Newstalk, said, "He was a Mourinho signing [Şahin], technically able, quick, intelligent.

"I think it now looks that communication between Liverpool and Rodgers is such that Şahin will end up at Liverpool imminently.

"Even though Wenger's been an admirer since playing in the U-17 World Cup for Turkey, he'll end up at Liverpool."

However, Chief Football Correspondent for The Times, Oliver Kay who had closely linked Şahin to Liverpool has now said it's far from being a done deal.

Kay tweeted, "I'm backtracking re Sahin/LFC. *Could* still happen but Arsenal move yesterday changed the dynamics."

Nuri Şahin was absent from training today, the 23-year-old midfielder did not train with his Real teammates and is expected to part ways with the club by the weekend or early next week.