You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 Aug 2012 18:53:19

Sahin is very close to signing..

I also hate to say it looks like Agger will leave, the club are expecting City to come back with an improved offer which could include Johnson..

Also we are stepping up our efforts to sign Walcott..

Thoughts please..

Cheers

Macca

Macca Liverpool Rumours

Had about 53 replies to this rumor, the posts suggest that this guy on the money most of the time.

whilst I'm all for strength in depth and its been a long time since we've had that in wingers would it make any sense to sign Johnson and Walcott (as well as possibly Dempsey) whilst then depleting our centre halfs to Skrtel plus either the past it Carra and the inexperienced Coates

whilst I'm all for strength in depth and its been a long time since we've had that in wingers would it make any sense to sign Johnson and Walcott (as well as possibly Dempsey) whilst then depleting our centre halfs to Skrtel plus either the past it Carra and the inexperienced Coates

Or while simultaneously trying offload the one asset we have that could benefit from decent wingers.

Ive been on that site a while ago, its funny when someone calls him out on gossip, he starts crying and the mods get the barricades up.

Its like he is the messiah.

Even though loads he posts never happen. By the law of averages....

holy cow - macca has just shook up the world

if agger does go then we need a top class replacement (not british please)

sahin would be tasty

walcott is a bit clueless but offers more than downing

need another goalscorer too - possibly waiting for the dempsinator to put in a transfer request

we're going to rule this world again

Guest San Don
12 Aug 2012 18:53:19

Sahin is very close to signing..

I also hate to say it looks like Agger will leave, the club are expecting City to come back with an improved offer which could include Johnson..

Also we are stepping up our efforts to sign Walcott..

Thoughts please..

Cheers

Macca

Macca Liverpool Rumours

Had about 53 replies to this rumor, the posts suggest that this guy on the money most of the time.

Not arsed about this macca and how accurate he is.

Fact is we've encouraged city to 'tempt' us with bids for Agger. This seems to be the MO for the club now, say a player is available for the right price, knock back the bid then say how much may tempt us etc, etc.

Sad times.

Not sure who this macca is, but I do enjoy rumours and ITK chat. Within reason

Sahin and Dempsey would be welcome, but Agger leaving is an issue given the age of Jamie and the fact that Coates is a two-mistake-a-game defender, who, unlike Rio or any other young defender who had issues with concentration, is also slow.

You get out of trouble when you make lots of mistakes if you have pace. Coates has none.

Will never make it, so if we sell Agger, we need a replacement.

we also need more CM cover, if only to ensure Horrenderson doesn't play, so I welcome Sahin. Or anyone really

12 Aug 2012 19:56:59

There is also a good chance Adam will go and Demspey will come in..

Look maybe City will not come with a new offer but i believe the owners think that if they sell Carroll for 18 mil then they can offset the loss with the profit from Agger..

Again things can change but i believe it will be a good transfer window for us..

Also i have no news on Aggers replacement (if it happens)..

Cheers

Macca

I really do not know whats going on.

But if we do sell Agger then its got to meet the following:

1) We only sell him if the bid is in the 25 to 30 million region

2) We have a replacement lined up.

I would love Walcott, Johnson and Demspey to come too.

Sahin is OK too provided we sell Adam.

And Carroll? 18 million is acceptable but again only if we have a replacement Striker, Demspey does not count as a striker.

I have been dead against selling Carroll.

But, if it comes down to a choice between him and Agger to fund more new blood then Carroll it must be.

Coates doesnt look like hes gonna cut it at the moment.

Plus Skrtel looks like a different player with Agger regularly stood beside him.

So, as much as i would like Adam Johnson to become a Liverpool player, i would rather we took a hit on Carroll and went after Walcott.

Unless Johnson is gettable independent of the Agger deal.

So much the better, if that's the case.

If Agger was sold, i would look at moving Kelly in to the middle straight away.

We have Johnson Flanagan and even Henderson to fill in at RB.

Adam for Dempsey is a complete no brainer, even if we have to top up the cash.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This Sahin lad has only made 10 appearances and been injured most of the time so why are we so interested in him?

Because he is fucking brilliant.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Based on 10 appearances?

Hope you are right.

He was incredible for Dortmund. He's a player, mate. A top class player at that. Like Alonso and Macherano rolled into one.