You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You want to see some of the shower on RAWK. Condescending and smug doesn't even begin to describe some of them with this ownerships actions, they can do no wrong. The bar is so low on expectations its through the floor.

There's certainly a strange type of virtue signalling going on with the posters on that site, too many top reds who smell themselves for me.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I find it really odd, especially those who seek to spread the blame around to include Klopp as well.  The man is not perfect, no. But if we work on the assumption that he has not gone looking for more "power" and doesn't particularly enjoy it (and everything we know about him would back this up) then whichever way you slice it the blame falls squarely on FSGs sloped shoulders. Whether it's not providing sufficient financial resources (I believe this 100% to be the case) or not providing adequate human resources within the recruitment team, that is on FSG.

Absolutely, too many fans are getting fixated on individual issues within the club. The fact of the matter if it isn't as well run as it was even three years ago. Why is that?

15 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Since they've been here from day one they've been open about LFC looking after itself.

But it isn't being looked after is it? Can you honestly admit the club is as well ran as it was three years ago?

12 minutes ago, Dicko said:

And so it begins.

A season of no trophies and you'll be saying Jurgen has taken us as far as he can.

Nothing fucking changes.

You sound like a bird here mate, you are twisting words and know it.

38 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Pop along now, go and find a nice thread on RAWK where you can all celebrate being sustainably run by a bunch of venture capitalists

This is it. This is what I can’t understand about the ardent FSG supporters. There’s nothing romantic about these cunts. They’re not a rag tag bunch of supporters trying to be the best custodians of the club they can be and scraping by. They’re soulless investors expanding their portfolio. They get a massive pass with some people simply for not being Hicks and Gillett

54 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Pop along now, go and find a nice thread on RAWK where you can all celebrate being sustainably run by a bunch of venture capitalists. 

You seem obsessed with RAWK.

2010 wants their arguments back.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They've only been here 13 years and already people are started to question them. 

What is it about people who bought the club for 300m and now value it at 4 billion pleading poverty that people can't take to?

In fairness we've won the CL in that time and the Prem, as well as a few other trophies and had one of our best ever sides - if not our best ever. We were also brought back from the brink of bankruptcy.

They're mingebags without doubt, but when they get their arse in gear they're pretty slick in terms of who they've appointed as manager and who they did appoint to non footballing roles, some of whom were the envy of the league but all sadly now departed.

The biggest frustration for me is that we had the world by the balls and we let go. It's almost as bad as not grabbing the balls at all. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

In fairness we've won the CL in that time and the Prem, as well as a few other trophies and had one of our best ever sides - if not our best ever. We were also brought back from the brink of bankruptcy.

They're mingebags without doubt, but when they get their arse in gear they're pretty slick in terms of who they've appointed as manager and who they did appoint to non footballing roles, some of whom were the envy of the league but all sadly now departed.

The biggest frustration for me is that we had the world by the balls and we let go. It's almost as bad as not grabbing the balls at all. 

There's truth to that, unfortunately we were up against the most powerful financial institution the game has ever seen.

Alongside some of the weakest enforcement of financial rules the game has ever seen as well.

Now we've got two other cunts in the trough.

And if Utd get doped it's game over for everyone.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't give them a huge amount of credit for the stuff we've won, that's on Jurgen. He's done it with the budget of a side that should be finishing 4th-6th and scraping the odd CL quarter final. They've wasted a generational managerial talent. 

They're very good at making themselves money. Very good at exploiting the name of the club, and the recent success Klopp has brought it.

Their wet dream is finishing 4th every year while spending fuck all. I'd be angrier if I gave more of a fuck about the sport, but they've helped to successfully drain any joy from the game by stiffing the manager every transfer window and then delivering pitiful excuses via their handful of stenographing gimps in the press.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Dicko said:

There's truth to that, unfortunately we were up against the most powerful financial institution the game has ever seen.

Alongside some of the weakest enforcement of financial rules the game has ever seen as well.

Now we've got two other cunts in the trough.

And if Utd get doped it's game over for everyone.

Even if the Saudis had bought Manchester United and spent as "sensibly" as they have at Newcastle, it is quite conceivable that their fans would be protesting their ownership too. Just the £335m for Ten Haag an the Norwich scarves are back.

5 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Even if the Saudis had bought Manchester United and spent as "sensibly" as they have at Newcastle, it is quite conceivable that their fans would be protesting their ownership too. Just the £335m for Ten Haag an the Norwich scarves are back.

Utd have far more scope for spending than Newcastle do because of revenue.

While they're spending 'sensibly' at Newcastle they're also frantically trying to increase the amount of money they make so they can accelerate the spending.

• Upvote 1

This would suggest clubs see  nations as a hindrance to value rather than a viable option when cashing in as been suggested on here many times.

Leading Premier League clubs have asked the government to block nation states from owning English football teams, with the request potentially forming part of a new regulator’s brief.

The news comes as the government confirmed the imminent arrival of an independent football regulator “when parliamentary time allows”. The latest update comes at the end of a consultation process with stakeholders in the English game. The Guardian understands that some leading top-flight clubs used the consultation period to individually lobby the government on state ownership, a process separate to any Premier League submissions.

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

This would suggest clubs see  nations as a hindrance to value rather than a viable option when cashing in as been suggested on here many times.

Leading Premier League clubs have asked the government to block nation states from owning English football teams, with the request potentially forming part of a new regulator’s brief.

The news comes as the government confirmed the imminent arrival of an independent football regulator “when parliamentary time allows”. The latest update comes at the end of a consultation process with stakeholders in the English game. The Guardian understands that some leading top-flight clubs used the consultation period to individually lobby the government on state ownership, a process separate to any Premier League submissions.

Liverpool and Manchester United have been in talks with nation states about selling in just the last 12 months. If they're suddenly running to the government (asking a regulator they don't want to help them), is because their plan to use sovereign wealth to aid exit strategies has failed, so they want to stop those nation states buying up someone like Everton and creating another problem for them. Everything about the owners of our club and those around us is pure self interest. 

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Liverpool and Manchester United have been in talks with nation states about selling in just the last 12 months. If they're suddenly running to the government (asking a regulator they don't want to help them), is because their plan to use sovereign wealth to aid exit strategies has failed, so they want to stop those nation states buying up someone like Everton and creating another problem for them. Everything about the owners of our club and those around us is pure self interest. 

Of course self interest plays a massive part in all this . I think the question is whether that self interest also coincides with the greater good of the game here.

Given the way the Sky cash and Russian money laundering has distorted the PL over the few decades any attempt to prevent Saudi Arabia buying up clubs and poaching players with eye watering offers is to be welcomed 

On the whole I don't have a problem with their ownership. The alternatives are too hideous to contemplate. 

All opinions, of course, but when they bought us we were a basketcase. Now I see the new training ground, the new Anfield, the manager, the trophies, the lack of debt, and our current standing in world football as huge positives. 

Yes they could have backed Klopp a bit more at times, but look at the joy and the glory we've had recently compared to life under David Moores and Cancer and Aids. We've been in 

Not perfect but it never could be. But things could be a whole lot worse. We've been in three of the last six CL finals FFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, TheRedMachine said:

On the whole I don't have a problem with their ownership. The alternatives are too hideous to contemplate. 

All opinions, of course, but when they bought us we were a basketcase. Now I see the new training ground, the new Anfield, the manager, the trophies, the lack of debt, and our current standing in world football as huge positives. 

Yes they could have backed Klopp a bit more at times, but look at the joy and the glory we've had recently compared to life under David Moores and Cancer and Aids. We've been in 

Not perfect but it never could be. But things could be a whole lot worse. We've been in three of the last six CL finals FFS.

I totally agree. The problem is the low bar now set due to the ownership in football over the last couple of decades. Not just in the PL either. While I have always thought 90+ pro clubs in one country is way too many anyhow the demise of lower clubs such as Bury and the ownership circuses around other Football League clubs saddens me deeply. Tribalism aside,I am a football fan and it's the game I love.