You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a look at this link Vlad. There is more detailed information out there but this'll give you a good start.

hybrid bike - what is a hybrid bicycle?

Just won the best part of £400 on the irish lottery so a bike is on the agenda.

Unfortunately the fuckin car has started to give me a problem,maybe fan belt or power steering problem,so it might not be on the agenda just yet.

Not glamorous, then? Its that dilemma about being warm enough when you first set off and then what do you do with all those clothes when you warm up. Hmmm....

In that case get a thin close fitting waterproof/windproof layer that will fold up and fit into the pocket of a cycling jersey. It will make a big difference as much of the heat loss is from air passing across your skin and when you feel warm its easy to carry around with you.

In that case get a thin close fitting waterproof/windproof layer that will fold up and fit into the pocket of a cycling jersey. It will make a big difference as much of the heat loss is from air passing across your skin and when you feel warm its easy to carry around with you.

I have a thin rainproof as you describe ..what I really need is a cycling jersey....I've got pocket envy....and thicker gloves

Thanks again

what a shame about Lance' date=' the USADA have really got him by the ball.[/quote']

I would have felt almost sorry for him if he hadn't vehemently attacked pretty much anyone who chose to question him. I've read half the report and its pretty full on some of the shit he pulled. No respect for the sport or any of his teammates, fuck him the cheating bastard.

I would have felt almost sorry for him if he hadn't vehemently attacked pretty much anyone who chose to question him. I've read half the report and its pretty full on some of the shit he pulled. No respect for the sport or any of his teammates, fuck him the cheating bastard.

Read the bits about Simeoni and Bassons. The guy was a twat.

Get an under armour long sleeved top type thing.I use one for running and its ace.

Such as.

imagesqtbnANd9GcS8VutbHozWYZMbWnzfL.jpg

I have the equivalent...what I'm thinking of is one of the cycling tops with the pockets at the back so I can put my phone in there and any excess layers that need to come off....and you know what women are like with their 'stuff'

you'll look cool in the malia rose.

1339433393.jpg

Its the Italian equivalent of the yellow jersey.

For sporting trivia fans its pink because the newspaper that founded the giro d'italia was printed on pink paper and the Tour de France has a yellow jersey because L'Auto was printed on yellow paper.

you'll look cool in the malia rose.

1339433393.jpg

Its the Italian equivalent of the yellow jersey.

For sporting trivia fans its pink because the newspaper that founded the giro d'italia was printed on pink paper and the Tour de France has a yellow jersey because L'Auto was printed on yellow paper.

I like :)

Will investigate

(All the gear no idea, lifey?)

Just won the best part of £400 on the irish lottery so a bike is on the agenda.

Unfortunately the car has started to give me a problem,maybe fan belt or power steering problem,so it might not be on the agenda just yet.

Plans on hold because the car is gonna cost me 200 quid to replace a power steering pump.

Fuckin cars.

Been out this afternoon and didnt see anything I liked better than that, L19, although I did see a rather clever one with zip off sleeves, colour not half so nice though. Link?

not sure how quick this lot deliver but its cheap.

Giro d’Italia Leaders Pink Jersey - 2012 Samewood.com

alternatively amazon

Santini Giro Leader Replica Maglia Rosa 2012 Short Sleeve Jersey -: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

I think we all knew what was coming. Although it sounds even more damning than I thought it would be. Hincapie has also put a statement out on his website.

Kimmage must be rubbing his hands together as we spk.

To me, it's kind of a surprise because of all the testing that he's managed to 'beat' over the years.

To me, it's kind of a surprise because of all the testing that he's managed to 'beat' over the years.

Read The Secret Race by Tyler Hamilton, it was easy. EPO was undetectable so they could use it to boost Hematacrit as long as they didnt go over the magic 50% threshold, and if they did go over the threshold when they tested themselves they could quickly infuse saline to lower it.

Testosterone passes out of the body in a couple of days so riders were careful and would swerve the occassional out of competition tests if they were still in their "glowtime".

Re-insufing blood was also undetecable as long as they hadn't donated it during the glowtime.

Hamilton refers to it as more of an intelligence test than a doping test.

The USADA evidence also indicates that Johan Bruyneel (team manager) knew when the testers were coming in many cases.

If you happen to be in the Lake District and have time to kill or money to spend get to Wheelbase in Stavely....fantastic range of bikes, accessories and gear. Got a very nice long sleeved wind proof top (birthday present)

Seen these 3 bikes, the middle one is near the top of my price range (could go to 300 quid if needed)

Only for getting to work and having a cycle around on a weekend.

Any advice?

Ta

Muddyfox Glide Road Bike Mens - JJBSports.com

Viking Tre Valle 700C Road Bike - JJBSports.com

Viking Prestige 18sp Gents Hybrid Bike Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Literally coming to the end of a fabulous ride in the Dales and somehow went over my handlebars within 300m of our holiday cottage. Can't remember a thing but luckily was found by my b-i-l who was just heading out on his own bike. Sick as a parrot. Been at A&E this evening and have to go back tomorrow. When am I going to be able to ride my new gear :(

Really really good ride in perfect weather up til that point

Literally coming to the end of a fabulous ride in the Dales and somehow went over my handlebars within 300m of our holiday cottage. Can't remember a thing but luckily was found by my b-i-l who was just heading out on his own bike. Sick as a parrot. Been at A&E this evening and have to go back tomorrow. When am I going to be able to ride my new gear :(Really really good ride in perfect weather up til that point

Invest in a turbo trainer and you'll be back on your bike in no time.

Of course you wont be out enjoying the scenery but lets face it the clocks change next week so neither are the rest of us for a few months.