You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

There are not really many Tiago' s, certainly not in connection to Mourinho, but by all means please keep on digging.

How is that digging? The name is "James" in Portuguese and Spanish and comes from "Santiago" meaning Saint James. It's a pretty popular first name and once again you were trying to be too clever and it backfired spectacularly as there was another "Tiago" (Tiago Pereira) who played for Mourinho before Tiago Mendes joined him at Chelsea.

Tiago Pereira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tough-tackling Tiago started his professional career with F.C. Famalicão (1993–95), and went on to represent C.S. Marítimo (1995 – December 1996), S.L. Benfica (January 1997–98), União de Leiria (2000–02), F.C. Porto (2002–03, winning the 2002–03 UEFA Cup, and finishing the following season on loan with Leiria) and Boavista F.C. (2004–07).

Just admit it, you didn't know, you couldn't find anything else "wrong" with my post and you tried to put down the one mistake you thought you saw.

I think this is about the time someone would post a witty picture with the word "fail" on it but I can't be assed.

Edited by A.V.B.

What are we talking about now anyway?

That Graham is a better player than Carroll? or that Carroll will go on to be a better player than Graham?

However you stack it, Swansea finished mid table, so something about the system he deployed did not work at Swansea.

How many flowing moves ended because Graham was not mobile enough to beat a man,or hit the target first time, or spot a better placed teammate?

Of course it's not all HIS fault, the system itself is also partly to blame because not enough of the attackers had goals in them.

How is that digging? The name is "James" in Portuguese and Spanish and comes from "Santiago" meaning Saint James. It's a pretty popular first name and once again you were trying to be too clever and it backfired spectacularly as there was another "Tiago" (Tiago Pereira) who played for Mourinho before Tiago Mendes joined him at Chelsea.

Ah the famous Tiago Pereiera, how could anyone forget him? O_o

What are we talking about now anyway?

That Graham is a better player than Carroll? or that Carroll will go on to be a better player than Graham?

However you stack it, Swansea finished mid table, so something about the system he deployed did not work at Swansea.

How many flowing moves ended because Graham was not mobile enough to beat a man,or hit the target first time, or spot a better placed teammate?

Of course it's not all HIS fault, the system itself is also partly to blame because not enough of the attackers had goals in them.

The system did work - they played the style of football they wanted, weren't relegated and achieved a solid position in a far tougher league than they'd been used to. What more did you expect?

I don't get how you can say the system is at fault and then go on to say this is because not enough of the attackers had goals in them. Surely that's proof that it's the personnel at Rodgers' disposal that were the limiting factor, not how he set his side up?

Anyway, back to the question at hand, Carroll pisses all over Graham. Not a full stream in his face, but enough to make his eyes sting and feel ashamed of himself.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
"@LFCTransNRS: Reliable Dutch newspaper Elf Voetbal report Liverpool have placed a EUR28m bid for James Rodriguez, outbidding ManUtd who have offered EUR25m."

Who is this James rodriguez, is he any good? Never heard of him.

Yeah, he is. I wouldn't worry too much about it; there's no way he'll be here next season.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why is that?

Because he'll be playing for United.

What position does he play?

He's a winger. Replacement for Nani.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I really need to get on the FM wagon again. Most of these names I've never even heard of.

Instead of playing a football game, I'd say spend that time watching teams in other countries.