You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want to coach Football in Europe?

waiting game

(If this is in the wrong place then feel free to move it. It is football related though so I hope its OK where it is.)

Morning reds, Hope you all had a nice Christmas. I thought I'd post a link to this as my company have now finished (this years) contracts with some Professional Football clubs around Europe and are now offering European coaching experience programs.

This program has been designed so that all parties are gaining as much as possible from it. The selected coaches will be travelling to Hungary (mostly Budapest) and working with profession football academies. I did this last summer and it was AMAZING. I loved every minute of it.

The idea behind the program is that it is going to a country where English is an extremely valued (skill) to have. You will get the opportunity to coach at professional academies and the clubs summer program. This will run over the summer. The clubs are using this as a scouting system for English speaking coaches (who are like gold dust by the way)

The clubs are paying for this privilege by sorting the FA and contributing to your costs too. The clubs are making very little cash off this if any at all as one of my stipulations is that the summer camp should be FREE for the youth players. I said this because I am aware how expensive English lessons out there are and that I feel a deserving young player should get the chance to experience this regardless of how wealthy there parents are. They would have preferred to charge the players I think but, they are that keen on having this chance to work with and scout English speaking coaches that they agreed.

This is talent and potential based for both the coaches and the youth players.

The coaches will be paying a set rate which covers their accommodation and all there meals (as I said, this is a pretty low rate as it is subsidised.) You will pay nothing for the club, the experience or anything that comes from it. Your meals will be in the restaurant that is in the club. I have yet to sample them all but the 3 I have, FANTASTIC (and rather expensive too, so I am pretty chuffed they have agreed such a small set rate)

I could write forever about this as this program is my baby and I love it. So, I will stop myself now. Please find below the link, have a look and if you have any questions at all just ask.

Soccer Coaching Experience - Hungary | Hungary | Volunteering | Smaller Earth

You can also add my on twitter if you have ventured over there yet. - https://twitter.com/#!/Philteddylfc

waiting game do you need badges?

We have two levels of coaching programs mate. Academy level is for those with coaching badges and summer camp is for those without or who are wishing to gain some. Both of which are at professional clubs. Often at the same time, its usually more about responsibility.

It's more about the right sort of person, someone with the right mentality, drive and passion. Someone with no badges could be the next Dalglish or 'Special one' but not have had the opportunity.

All the interviews and decisions are made by me anyway. Applicants will apply to the office who will vet to make sure we don't have any nutters applying then it gets passed over to me.

My name is Phil by the way, you don't have to call me waiting game haha.

I speak English, but I can't play football. Can I just teach them english only?

Sadly not mate. We already have English teachers out there. 3 good friends of mine from England now live out there and work full time as teachers.

If you are being serious, then I am more than happy to keep you in mind if a position opens up?

This sounds like an ace opportunity, would love to do something like this.

And I have a soft spot for Debrecen as they always come up good in accumulators! Cheers mate, will check the link out.

I have a very good relationship with the guys at Debrecen. Lovely team and great training ground.

Any questions mate, message me on here or email p.may@smallerearth.com

Does it require owning a black coat?

In 35 to 45 degree heat daily? I'd suggest not.

Forgot to mention a bit more about Hungary. Here are my fave bits; (got to go to Balaton sound which was awesome too. Google it of you don't know what I'm on about :) )

Fit girls EVERYWHERE!

Awesome bars and clubs.

How does 80p for a good pint grab ya?

Ace food!

Great football clubs, training grounds and people.

8/10 adults speak English.

English people are loved out there, not to mention when they find out you are with the clubs you are like a mini celeb. Last summer I got, free drinks, guest lists, tables at awesome restaurants etc.

I love this place. Been back twice since and will be there all summer again this coming year.

Can't wait!

Forgot to mention a bit more about Hungary. Here are my fave bits; (got to go to Balaton sound which was awesome too. Google it of you don't know what I'm on about :) )

Fit girls EVERYWHERE!

Awesome bars and clubs.

Ace food!

English people are loved out there, not to mention when they find out you are with the clubs you are like a mini celeb. Last summer I got, free drinks, guest lists, tables at awesome restaurants etc.

I love this place. Been back twice since and will be there all summer again this coming year.

Can't wait!

Pics? I think I'm in, except I'm a shite player and have no coaching badges. I got a good heart. Does that help?

Fit girls EVERYWHERE!

Awesome bars and clubs.

Ace food!

Can't wait!

And now he tells us what we need to know

Who with?

Challenger. You know of them?

Went to UK Socca as well, liked the presentation and company better but they don't tell you where your going to be located until you get there so couldn't arrange for the Mrs to come as well.

Passed a phone interview with YES as well but not taking that forward as apparently they lost all their contracts with MLS Teams for being a bit shit.

UK Socca & YES do you can do up to 9 months away. Going to see how this one goes first before taking it further. Never done any coaching apart from my FA Level 1, which is a piece of piss. I was a decent player in my youth and played at pro club acadamies so can't think it's going to be that hard.

Girlfriend is American so if Dallas goes well, long term plan is to do my Level 2 and look for a longer placement.

Waiting for my offer.

Top football clubs and training grounds.

Shit load of cheap priced (but expensive tasting) Rum

All the jelly beans you can eat.

80p pints.

Hot sun,

hotter girls.

Just get on with it haha. What are you waiting for? Playing the waiting game is my job.

It is a great place to go, I love Hungary a lot. Have a soft spot for a few teams out there after visiting. You can learn so much and have a blast at the same time. 3 of us got jobs out of it too (only 5 went) I wanted to go for the program management side and make it bigger and better for all. The others, one is now working at Birmingham fc and the other stayed in Hungary at the Vasas.

Edited by waiting game