You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Robbie scored 2 good goals today. Still he'd probably come here and be shit. Actually I'm certain he would.

I think we badly need a striker that has Torresesque qualities, Torres of 3/4 years ago. Can make first time shots look easy. Has a turn of pace that just bamboozles defenders. Can finish off chances impeccably. Can score the odd unbelievable header.

We don't suit Big targetmen like Andy, and as world class as Suarez is hes just not an out and out striker. We'd be unstoppable with a really good striker partnering him though. We'd score 2/3 a game easy.

Nikica Jelavic’s father says Rangers striker is holding out for Liverpool move

By Mark Walker and Andrew Smith

Published on Sunday 22 January 2012 00:00

LIVERPOOL have emerged as contenders to sign Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic, with the player’s father claiming that Anfield is his son’s preferred destination.

With just nine days remaining of the transfer window, the interest in the forward looks set to intensify this week. Ally McCoist confirmed yesterday that talks had taken place between Rangers chairman Craig Whyte and his West Ham United counterpart David Sullivan but the Ibrox manager insisted he was unaware of interest from any other clubs after the Croatian was also linked with Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Jelavic featured in the Rangers side who fought back from behind to draw 1-1 with Aberdeen at Ibrox yesterday.

McCoist said: “I spoke to Craig today and I believe Craig had a conversation with David Sullivan. But Craig was very keen to point out that absolutely no offers had been made at all. I think it was just a pretty informal chat they had.”

On speculation linking the player with other clubs south of the border, he added: “That’s news to me, I’ve certainly not been told. The only team where there has been an indication of interest is West Ham.”

But Jelavic’s father has revealed his son is holding out for a move to Liverpool.

Philip Jelavic said: “Yes, we know about the interest of West Ham, and Queens Park Rangers. But Nikica has five or six clubs interested, including that of the great Liverpool. As for West Ham and QPR, I think that Nikica is more ambitious than that. I think it’s most likely that he will sign for Liverpool. But there are still a few days until the end of the transfer window, so we will wait and see.”

McCoist insists Rangers are looking for a lot more than the reported £6 million West Ham are prepared to bid for Jelavic, who moved to Ibrox for £4m in August 2010.

The Ibrox manager was non-committal about claims that he would try to sign Grant Holt of Norwich as a replacement. “With the greatest respect, he’s someone else player and if I did have interest I would phone Paul [Lambert] down at Norwich.”

Scotsman

Swansea battle with Bolton to bag Raheem Sterling on season loan deal

Jan 22 2012 by Dean Jones, The People

SWANSEA and BOLTON are battling to sign Raheem Sterling on loan for the rest of the season, writes DEAN JONES.

Sterling, 17, joined Liverpool from QPR two years ago in a deal worth up to £5million.

He is having to remain patient at Anfield, though, as he is yet to make an appearance under Kenny Dalglish.

Liverpool will listen to the options as a switch could certainly benefit Sterling if he gets a regular taste of the Premier League.

Swans boss Brendan Rodgers is also looking at Brighton’s 22-year-old midfielder Liam Bridcutt – one of his old Chelsea boys – and watched him in FA Cup action against Wrexham last week.

The People

Whats the point of sending Sterling out on loan when we absolutely dire on the flanks. We should give him a chance here in surroundings he is familiar with. He may not have been playing well this season for whatever reason, but some game time here will do him the world of good.

Surely there are enough decent players we can attract this window. Every transfer is a risk but how much more of risk would it be to get players like Honda, Shaquiri, Boudebouz, Krasic. Fuck me these players will improve the creativity and get us some fucking goals. WTF are we doing?

Whats the point of sending Sterling out on loan when we absolutely dire on the flanks. We should give him a chance here in surroundings he is familiar with. He may not have been playing well this season for whatever reason, but some game time here will do him the world of good.

Surely there are enough decent players we can attract this window. Every transfer is a risk but how much more of risk would it be to get players like Honda, Shaquiri, Boudebouz, Krasic. Fuck me these players will improve the creativity and get us some fucking goals. WTF are we doing?

It's the start of the Sterling end game. Bolton/Swansea this season, then Wolves next season, championship club the season after, free transfer to league one after that. It's how we roll with young players!!

Yes I know it won't happen, and the combination of him, Bellamy and Suarez would be a bloodbath waiting to happen and a nightmare for any manager... but get Joey Barton!

Why??? He's fucking useless and would add fuck all to our side. Absolutely fuck all.

Things are not that bad however pissed off you feel over last nights disgrace.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
should have bought him in the summer instead of Adam and Henderson

I was ridiculed for suggesting such a thing before we got them. Totally unrealistic, apparently.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
BumperGraham Graham Hunter

#Llorente was the subject of a bid from Liverpool a yr ago while LFC negotiated at same time for Carroll. Prps ended up with the wrong one?

Wrong. There's not 'Prps' about it.

I don't care who we sign as long as they're intelligent footballers. I don't mean smart with money or smart as in capable of doing something arguably more important than playing football. I mean people who are smart when playing football.

We need at least one of those and a player capable of finishing off any chances we create. That will take the pressure of Andy should we choose to keep him and would drastically improve our chances of moving up in the league.