You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Open

JohnnyH

I have the ticker open here on my PC so I can enjoy the scores coming in as I work.

Love an American Major so I can sit in the pub at night watching the final days play.

So who fancies who in the run to take over from McDowell? Will a Brit win it two years running? Can Westwood or Donald get their first majors?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope McIlroy does well, especially after blowing up at Augusta. Besides that, I think Luke Donald has the game for this. He is a steady-Eddie (though better than that) and usually the US Open course is set up to favour accuracy. That should suit Donald, so long as he putts well.

I hope McIlroy does well, especially after blowing up at Augusta. Besides that, I think Luke Donald has the game for this. He is a steady-Eddie (though better than that) and usually the US Open course is set up to favour accuracy. That should suit Donald, so long as he putts well.

Rory is really not playing that well at the moment Rev. I've a few quid on him missing the cut.

Rory is really not playing that well at the moment Rev. I've a few quid on him missing the cut.

Rory finished 5th in the last tournament he played in (the Memorial tournament). I hope he wins this, but don't think he will. I also hope to see McDowell do well. Harrington too.

Nice to see my boy Stenson doing well, after really struggling the last year or so.

Rory finished 5th in the last tournament he played in (the Memorial tournament). I hope he wins this, but don't think he will. I also hope to see McDowell do well. Harrington too.

Nice to see my boy Stenson doing well, after really struggling the last year or so.

I was more refering to his swing and lack of consistency than his last outing.

I'd like to see any of the europeans do well.

Fair enough.

Francesco Molinari has got off to a brilliant start, and is 3 under after 4 holes. McIlroy got off to a decent start too.

Molinari is likely to shoot 8 under for the first round then 8 over for the second.

He's great to watch though, as is McIlroy.

Mickelson having a 'mare out there, much to my delight.

Listen to all them "whooping" and "in the hole" American gobshites. Infuriating stuff.

It's even worse when Woods is playing, he'll hook a ball 20 yrads into the rough ans you'll still have some cunt shouting 'get in the hole'.

Once Rory wins his first major, they'll start racking up. Good to see him leading this again (and putting brilliantly), just to prove that his mental strength is stronger than what people might think. There were loads of people saying that his Masters nightmare would ruin him. Let's just hope there isn't a repeat of that.

Once Rory wins his first major, they'll start racking up. Good to see him leading this again (and putting brilliantly), just to prove that his mental strength is stronger than what people might think. There were loads of people saying that his Masters nightmare would ruin him. Let's just hope there isn't a repeat of that.

Wait till he poos his pants when the ends in sight. Wee bottling cunt.