You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't want to be mean to DC's Legends Of Tomorrow, and it's all Cinema Sins fault anyway, but when I saw that last bit where The Atom shrinks the Cinema Sins style voice in my head said 'discount Ant Man.'

I don't want to be mean to DC's Legends Of Tomorrow, and it's all Cinema Sins fault anyway, but when I saw that last bit where The Atom shrinks the Cinema Sins style voice in my head said 'discount Ant Man.'

That would be fair but that's always been his schtick. In fact, in this series he's been more of a discount Iron Man.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I just don't like DC all that much.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm still keen to watch Arrowe though. Always enjoyed The Longbow Hunters mini run.

Its OK. I'm watching it now. I thought I'd finished but haven't quite. I've still got a few more of season 3 to go. Overall its a 6.8/10 show.

Just having a look at the cast for American Crime Story. Possibly the greatest cast ever assembled for a TV show.

American Crime Story is an upcoming American true crime anthology television series created by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. The series is a companion to American Horror Story, which was created by Crime executive producers Brad Falchuk and Ryan Murphy. It will be broadcast on the cable network FX, premiering in 2016.

The first season, subtitled The People vs. O. J. Simpson, will focus on the murder trial of O. J. Simpson.

Main

Cuba Gooding Jr. as O. J. Simpson

Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark

John Travolta as Robert Shapiro

David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian

Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran

Jordana Brewster as Denise Brown

Selma Blair as Kris Jenner

Billy Magnussen as Kato Kaelin

Connie Britton as Faye Resnick

Steven Pasquale as Mark Fuhrman

Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden

Kenneth Choi as Judge Lance Ito

Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Al Cowlings

Evan Handler as Alan Dershowitz

Cheryl Ladd as Linell Shapiro, Robert Shapiro's wife.

http://deadline.com/2014/07/cbs-series-order-james-patterson-zoo-adaptation-797969/

CBS Gives Series Order To Adaptation Of James Patterson’s ‘Zoo’

With Under The Dome last year and Extant this week, CBS has made the addition of a new thriller event drama series the highlight of its summer schedule. The network has locked in its high-profile drama entry for summer 2015 with a 13-episode straight-to-series order to Zoo, a drama based on James Patterson‘s best-selling global thriller. The project, which had a rare pilot production commitment for a pitch originating from sibling CBS TV Studios, hails from writer-producers Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg. The four are working under their new Midnight Radio moniker (formerly Space Floor) which has inked a two-year first-look deal with CBS Studios. Also producing are Cathy Konrad and James Mangold via their CBS Studios-based Treeline Films, with Mangold set to direct.

Zoo is set amidst a wave of violent animal attacks sweeping across the planet. A young renegade scientist is thrust into a race to unlock the mystery behind this pandemic before time runs out for animals and humans alike. Appelbaum, Nemec, Pinkner, Rosenberg, Konrad, Mangold and Patterson executive produce with James Patterson Entertainment’s Steve Bowen, Leopoldo Gout and Bill Robinson who was involved in putting the project together. Konrad acquired the rights to Zoo shortly after it was published in September 2012 as a feature and then approached Patterson about adapting as a TV series. I hear Zoo will likely follow the model pioneered by Under The Dome and also employed by Extant, which features an SVOD release just days after an episode’s on-air premiere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pkJo_0Vv8A

This doesn't look my cup of tea like, but some of the more camp members like NV might enjoy it.

Scream Queens doesn't debut until the fall, but we're already totally obsessed with Ryan Murphy's new Fox series.

"It's a cross between Heathers and Friday the 13th," Murphy teases of the horror-comedy (hor-com?) about a sorority, led by the delightfully campy Emma Roberts, that becomes the target of a serial killer. 

Best combo ever? We think so! But that's not our favorite thing Murphy shares about the new series.

"These girls are kick-ass," Murphy says of the sorority sisters, including Lea Michele(like you've never seen her before!), Abigail BreslinKeke Palmer and Skyler Samuels. "They're not waiting for a boy to come in and rescue them. They're the ones doing the rescuing." 

YAS, Queens! But that doesn't rule any of them out as the possible killer. 

"What I like about it is everyone has a motive to be behaving badly," Murphy says, meaning each and every character could be the killer, even Jamie Lee Curtis!

And at Fox's Upfronts presentation in NYC, Murphy promised that viewers will see at least one major character die in each episode and he eliminate two possible suspects: guest stars Nick Jonas and Ariana Grande!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FtenR69qmk

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Patrick-Stewart-Teams-With-Seth-MacFarlane-Jonathan-Ames-Newsy-Starz-Comedy-Blunt-Talk-63765.html

Patrick Stewart Teams With Seth MacFarlane And Jonathan Ames On Newsy Starz Comedy Blunt Talk

There should be an entertainment recipe book called Just Add Patrick Stewart, which lists a bunch of different kinds of entertainment and adds Sir Patrick Stewart to them. (Don’t steal my idea!) 20 years after Captain Jean-Luc Picard was beamed off the air, Stewart is returning to American television and teaming up with Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane and Bored to Death creator/author Jonathan Ames for the comedy series Blunt Talk, which has already been secured by Starz in a straight-to-series order. And not just one season, either.

Starz ordered 20 episodes, which will be aired as two 10-episode seasons starting in 2015. As produced by Media Rights Capital, who also put out MacFarlane’s Ted and the upcoming A Million Ways to Die in the West, Blunt Talk will be written by Ames, who created the concept and serves as showrunner and shares executive producer duties with MacFarlane. Stewart, beyond being the titular character Walter Blunt, will produce.

Who is Walter Blunt? He’s a British news anchor who moves to the United States with a firm plan on taking over American cable news, offering this country’s citizens guidance on how to live, think and behave. But in order to do that, he has to balance the day to day stresses of network heads, a mishandled staff, ex-wives, offspring of all ages, and a dependence on the bottle. As you can imagine, his decision-making skills aren’t always the most conducive to his own happiness, and the only person he can turn to is his alcoholic manservant he brought from England to L.A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLBPSSVVOe4

http://www.ibtimes.com/texas-rising-miniseries-premiere-when-where-watch-new-history-channel-drama-1936694

It’s time to remember the Alamo! “Texas Rising,” a History Channel series based on the gut-wrenching Texas Revolution, will air its anticipated miniseries premiere on Memorial Day. The 10-hour event will span over the course of the next five days.

“The battle for Texas independence was epic and really the battle for the future of America," executive producer Leslie Greif, who also produced the network’s 2012 hit series “Hatfields & McCoys,” dished to The Hollywood Reporter. "We have Academy Award and Emmy-nominated talent, a stellar ensemble cast is being set, and with this team, we will seek to even further redefine and elevate the term 'event television.'”

The star-studded cast includes actor Bill Paxton who will play Sam Houston, the man who secured Texas’ independence from Mexico at the Battle of San Jacinto, Olivier Martinez as Mexican General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Emily West (the Yellow Rose of Texas) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Texas Ranger named Deaf Smith. Audiences can also expect to see Ray Liotta, Kris Kristofferson, Brendan Fraser, Thomas Jane and Chad Michael Murray appear in the 10-hour saga, which will begin on Monday, May 25.

“I can’t think of a better way to kick off summer than with a big television event that’s sure to resonate with our fans,” Dirk Hoogstra, History and H2 executive VP and general manager, revealed his excitement for the Roland Joffé-created historical drama in a statement.

History Channel released the official description of “Texas Rising,” teasing fans that they should expect a massive amount of bloodshed in forthcoming series in addition to learning the legendary story behind the Texas Rangers, the oldest form of law enforcement in North America.

"In 1836, if west of the Mississippi was considered the Wild West then Texas was hell on earth. Crushed from the outside by Mexican armadas and attacked from within by ferocious Comanche tribes -- no one was safe. But this was a time of bravery, a time to die for what you believed in and a time to stand tall against the cruel rule of the Mexican General Santa Anna,” the summary reveals. “From General Sam Houston, to rag tag Rangers to the legendary 'Yellow Rose of Texas' -- this is a story of the human spirit rising in the face of insurmountable odds and claiming a piece of history for all eternity."

Sounds a bit like The Americans.

http://www.sundance.tv/series/deutschland-83

DEUTSCHLAND 83 is a gripping coming-of-age story set against the real culture wars and political events of Germany in the 1980s. The drama follows Martin Rauch (Jonas Nay) as the 24 year-old East Germany native is pulled from the world as he knows it and sent to the West as an undercover spy for the Stasi foreign service. Hiding in plain sight in the West German army, he must gather the secrets of NATO military strategy. Everything is new, nothing is quite what it seems and everyone he encounters is harboring secrets, both political and personal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ok68OYIzCs

The Rock Will Play An Ex-Football Star In A New HBO Comedy Ballers

HBO’s been busy building its comedy lineup recently, and this week the subscription cable network made plans to add a brand new show to the lineup. Called Ballers the half-hour comedy series will look at the lives of current and former professional football stars. It will also be toplined by none other than Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. 

The Rock has made a successful transition from the world of wrestling to the lucrative world of acting and executive producing. Despite his experience in the movies, Ballers will mark the actor’s first big plunge into a major TV series role. At least in a major series role that will require the man to really act. He has already popped up on television as the host of TNT’s competitive series The Hero and also has plans in the works for a second TNT unscripted series. Thus, the jump to scripted TV is a big one, and it’s even bigger since Ballers has landed at a prime network. 

The series stars Johnson as a man named Spencer Strasmore. The show’s all about football, but clearly The Rock is no longer in his prime, so he’ll play a retired athlete in the series. According to Deadline, the action will also star Omar Benson Miller as a former pro named Charles, John David Washington as a pro named Ricky, Rob Corddry as a financial advisor named Joe, Troy Garity as sports agent Jason and Taylor Cole as an ESPN reporter who is romantically involved with Strasmore. There’s a few more cast members already signed on to the large ensemble, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15lfITfxMDI

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Not exactly a TV show as it is a children's programme on Cbeebies..... The Clangers are back. Monday at 17.30!

Fuck the fact I'm 50, I'll be all over it. Bring on the Soup Dragon. 

clangers_2319138b.jpg

Man in the high castle is my favourite book. I thought the bbc were doing this? Sound good though.

I haven't read it, yet, but I think it's sensational idea and will make a boss TV show.

As far as favourite book goes, mine is Catch-22, closely followed by Hamlet and Too kill a mockingbird.

Keep it in your pants, Neko and Section:

http://www.avclub.com/review/new-amazon-pilots-include-promising-philip-k-dick--213845

New Amazon pilots include a promising Philip K. Dick adaptation

TV REVIEW

The Man In The High CastleThe Man In The High Castle

New Amazon pilots include a promising Philip K. Dick adaptation

By Erik Adams, Les Chappell, Molly Eichel, Zack Handlen, Kayla Kumari Upadhyaya, Noel Murray, Brandon Nowalk, and Eric Thurm Jan 15, 2015 11:30 AM

After an exhaustive google search on the subject of this show, I must now inform the forum that I have an interview tomorrow morning as a set designer on the TV show (it's being filmed about 10 minutes from my house, apparently).

Zieg Heil.

• Upvote 4

After an exhaustive google search on the subject of this show, I must now inform the forum that I have an interview tomorrow morning as a set designer on the TV show (it's being filmed about 10 minutes from my house, apparently).

Zieg Heil.

That's absolutely ace.

Guest Pistonbroke

Only 60 hours a week, Pffft. When I were a lad we had to work more than 60 hours a day down pit with only a 10 minute break to eat some lard. You young uns today. 

Exactly....people today don't believe that we used to work that hard.

I'm going to have to get to work six hours before I've even woken up just to finish by bed time.

I accepted the job just now, so we'll see how it goes !