You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 22/10/2023 at 17:38, Bobby Hundreds said:

They are shit but they'll stay up because of anti football and 3 shitter sides.

Every season the stay up just puts them in worse shape for when they do go down. They never use their extra time to sort themselves out, instead they fall deeper into debt whilst losing their best players. 

56 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Presumably, in their world, it would have killed us to have to take a defender off, even though we chose to swap a defender for a midfielder because our defence was redundant in the absence of any Blueshite attacking.

Ah,but that was only because Everton had ten men.

Taps nose.

Feel like we're in the twilight zone here. It's genuinely incredible that this was a thing in the first place, let alone for it to still be a talking point days later.

There are probably half a dozen decisions like that made in every game of football where a ref has to decide whether to give a yellow or not. There isn't a right or wrong decision, it's just completely subjective yet these fucking loons are equating it with what happened to us at Spurs. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It would eliminate lower league clubs and make them have to travel even further afield and incur more costs. This is ok for the PL and some Championship teams but not for most. The regional leagues idea really should make a return though. 

I think a British cup would have made sense in the 80s and 90s but now the Scottish teams are so far behind it’s not competitive.

I kind of agree on the regional leagues from league 2? I’d also look to cut the number of teams in the premiership and championship as there are way too many games but that would cause massive uproar now.

17 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I think a British cup would have made sense in the 80s and 90s but now the Scottish teams are so far behind it’s not competitive.

I kind of agree on the regional leagues from league 2? I’d also look to cut the number of teams in the premiership and championship as there are way too many games but that would cause massive uproar now.

Agreed. Plus, I'm not sure Plymouth would be too happy drawing Aberdeen in the first round.

53 minutes ago, dave u said:

Feel like we're in the twilight zone here. It's genuinely incredible that this was a thing in the first place, let alone for it to still be a talking point days later.

There are probably half a dozen decisions like that made in every game of football where a ref has to decide whether to give a yellow or not. There isn't a right or wrong decision, it's just completely subjective yet these fucking loons are equating it with what happened to us at Spurs. 

It’s not just the blue mental cases though (but obviously it’s mainly them), because we got stiffed at Spurs in one of the biggest VAR fuck ups since it was introduced and we had the temerity to raise it and not roll over and have our bellies tickled, now every 50/50 decision that goes our way has all the banter merchants from all the shit clubs like Villa and West Ham demanding a replay. 

It’s tedious as fuck isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Things are not helped by the faux outrage of the pundits who are going overboard.

47 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

It’s not just the blue mental cases though (but obviously it’s mainly them), because we got stiffed at Spurs in one of the biggest VAR fuck ups since it was introduced and we had the temerity to raise it and not roll over and have our bellies tickled, now every 50/50 decision that goes our way has all the banter merchants from all the shit clubs like Villa and West Ham demanding a replay. 

It’s tedious as fuck isn’t it. 

i would welcome a replay. we'd twat them if it wasn't 12.30 on the saturday after an international break. i would be made up to improve our goal difference and destroy theirs. 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

How did promotion and relegation work with the old 3rd Division North and South? If the teams relegated from Division 2 were all 'Northern', were teams only promoted from 3rd Division N or something? 

The National League set up shows how skewed that can get.

Teams like Kings Lynn, Bishops Stortford, Gloucester and Hereford all play in the northern league.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Rumours kicking round kenwright has passed away. 

Genuinely sad if he has

We can mock him all we want but his heart has always been in the right place, even if he's not been up to the job and he's always been spot on with Hillsborough tributes

• Upvote 4

It's just a shite Derby now. At least when Moyes and Walter Smith were there they were shit but they actually had a go at us and made it a half decent spectacle.

Even neutrals are bored of it from what I've  the last week or so. It may result in a few cards but the games are normally shit quality with them just always playing dirty alehouse footy doing everything they can to avoid getting beat. They can't even say it is down to money as they've spent a fortune the last 5 years. 

I barely know anyone who is arsed about the Derby who supports Liverpool. Yes it's great beating them and laughing at them but I don't really get that much of a buzz anymore from beating them, more the fact that we've avoided losing and them going on about it forever. They even go on about games they lost but one of their players injured one of ours or pushed one into the crowd when he was off balance. Van Dijk/Funes Mori on origi and Holgate on Firmino. 

They still treat it like their cup final and their midset is still that it is some big rivalry like Boca V River or the Old Firm because they hate us so much yet they'll always go into it with the attitude of that Fast Show character expecting something terrible to happen to them because they are Everton and part of the Other 14 who aren't the Sky 6. They pick and choose when they want to be a big club. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Special K said:

Genuinely sad if he has

We can mock him all we want but his heart has always been in the right place, even if he's not been up to the job and he's always been spot on with Hillsborough tributes

He's never bothered me even though he comes across as over dramatic. I was at that memorial service and his speech was brilliant.