You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Never rains but pours and all that. And yeah, I bet the PL are watching their spending for breach of FFP. Not! They havent done a thing about it and I still see the shite being linked with and supposedly making bids for £30m players.

The last para in this article is particularly ironic.

Everton’s hopes of securing vital investment into the club or a full takeover have been dealt a blow after Maciek Kaminski stepped back from talks with Farhad Moshiri.

As first revealed by Telegraph Sport, Kaminski, an American/Polish real estate tycoon, made a bid to take full control of Everton last June and was granted a period of exclusivity that eventually expired.

He remained in talks with majority shareholder Moshiri over the prospect of taking full control or investing heavily into the club, but it is understood there has been no contact between the pair since the World Cup.

Kaminski bought Greek club Panetolikos in December and his plan has always been to acquire a portfolio of sports franchises and media.

But interest in Everton now appears to have cooled with Kaminski not holding any talks with Moshiri since before the World Cup and little sign currently of negotiations being rekindled.

Moshiri has made himself a target of the Everton fans with his running of the club and further angered them last week in a bizarre open letter in which he backed the club’s board and head coach Frank Lampard.

Associates of Moshiri are believed to have been stunned by the nature of his open letter and a subsequent radio interview in which he claimed that his hiring and firing of managers had been as a consequence of pressure from supporters.

Last Saturday, Everton announced that the club’s board of directors had been told not to attend the game against relegation rivals Southampton because of threats aimed at chairman Bill Kenwright and chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale.

There were fan protests after the game that Everton lost, which left the club in another fight to avoid relegation and put more scrutiny on the ownership and board.

While there is pressure on Lampard's position, Everton’s immediate prospects appear bleak, no matter who is in charge of the team.

Telegraph Sport understands the Premier League are still keeping a close eye on spending amid ongoing concerns over Financial Fair Play rules.

Everton are under pressure to sell at least one big earner this month, with the club receiving interest in defenders Michael Keane and Mason Holgate.

Even accounting for sales, Everton have very little room to manoeuvre in the transfer market this month. One source said: “Most people at Everton would sign up for finishing 15th and cleaning up the FFP situation right now.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/16/everton-news-maciek-kaminski-stops-investment-talks-farhad-moshiri/

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I still see the shite being linked with and supposedly making bids for £30m players.

The word "supposedly" is the key one there.  The board probably think it serves them well if there are rumours linking them with all sorts of players, but the bottom line is they are shit and have done nothing to address that shitness.  I'm pretty sure we wouldn't allow ourselves to be fobbed off with that degree of "activity" from FSG (given how badly we need to add to our midfield) and I doubt the Bloos will fall for it from their lot.

I can't see them signing anyone better than the dross they've already got (if they sign anyone at all)  in the next two weeks.  The January window will close with the same shit players and the same shit managers.  They are fucked.

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The word "supposedly" is the key one there.  The board probably think it serves them well if there are rumours linking them with all sorts of players, but the bottom line is they are shit and have done nothing to address that shitness.  I'm pretty sure we wouldn't allow ourselves to be fobbed off with that degree of "activity" from FSG (given how badly we need to add to our midfield) and I doubt the Bloos will fall for it from their lot.

I can't see them signing anyone better than the dross they've already got (if they sign anyone at all)  in the next two weeks.  The January window will close with the same shit players and the same shit managers.  They are fucked.

Watch for us to kickstart their season when we play them, similar to what we did for Utd earlier in the season. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Just going back to the headlock thing, surely if it happened it'd be the front of every paper the following day. 

A Chief Executive or whatever she is being placed in a headlock by a fan would be major news.  

Maybe it was one of the other directors! Might have been Kenwright - "Where's the Lukaku money, Denise!" 

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Imagine if they have just made this up to put the focus back onto the fans. 

In all seriousness, the supporters groups should be being vocal and pushing to get further clarification and proof of this happening.

Have you been on the Internet or social media since Saturday?

All through my lifetime I’ve only ever known them to be horrible lying cunts. I hope the mosh & the board come out with loads of cctv of them carrying on now and finish them.  

Let’s not forget, there’s been 2 separate instances of girls being sexually assaulted in that shithole as the games been going on this season, yet we keep getting told what a great fanbase they are and how they deserve better.

Fuck them. Let them rot 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Watch for us to kickstart their season when we play them, similar to what we did for Utd earlier in the season. 

Nah. United have good players and a decent manager.  They'd be doing well now even if we had beaten them.

Everton have got nothing and nothing is going to kick-start their season.

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I'm amazed that they haven't sacked Lampard yet. 

It makes me think there's some truth in the rumour thst they are waiting for Moyes to get sacked to bring him back in.

Well Frank, all you have to do is beat West Ham and we will sack you. Lose and you're here for good, choice is yours.

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I'm amazed that they haven't sacked Lampard yet. 

It makes me think there's some truth in the rumour thst they are waiting for Moyes to get sacked to bring him back in.

Moyes would be a fucking mug to go there. Anyone would.

Fwank hasn't been there for a year yet. Give him time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Who THE FUCK is going to buy Everton for £2billion!! Got to be a wind up that. 

Remember all the pretend Colombian fans who suddenly registered on GOT when they bought Hamez who could speak broken English?. Quite a few of them strangely knew everything about Collina, Clive Thomas and Heysel. 

"Hola, my name is Miguel and I am a great footballer fan from medellin and I am very happy for James to sign for the great famous Everton club that were the first team to have goal nets and Dixie Dean. If your neighbours had not killed everyone in Belgium I believe you would be ten times European champion. Vamos the Toffees!"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, Beno said:

Have you been on the Internet or social media since Saturday?

Not at all. I don't have Twitter and after the weekend I have unliked/unpolluted all the Liverpool Facebook pages so I'm not seeing any of the awful 'banta' pages or African experts calling for Klopp to go. 

Here is the only place a come for football stuff.