You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Bellamy was a good purchase given the clause in his contract and should never have been sold.

He's also a ratty shitbag who's fallen out with pretty much every manager who he's played under.

Given who our manager was at the time, it wasn't surprising to see him sold.

Selling him and Crouch were both mistakes mind

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Bellamy was a good purchase given the clause in his contract and should never have been sold.

In what way was he a good purchase? I mean, was it his 9 goals from 41 games or his general lack of quality that swung it?

I like Bellamy and he, like Downing et al., is a good, solid, ultimately unspectacular, premiership player. What he isn't is good enough. Like Keane and Pennant. Least he was only £6.5m, which is something I guess.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is making a ‘kidnap’ raid on West Brom for top teen talent Jerome Sinclair.

The youngster is just 14 but the Kop spies have spotted him and rate him as good as recent success story Raheem Sterling.

Read the full version of this story at People.co.uk

Stoke want to rescue Liverpool midfielder Christian Poulsen from his Anfield hell.

Poulsen, 31, was snapped up last summer from Juventus for a £4.5m fee by former boss Roy Hodgson.

But he has struggled to make an impact on Merseyside, managing a paltry six appearances under current manager Kenny Dalglish.

His plight has alerted Potters boss Tony Pulis.

The Stoke chief is looking for experienced stars to help out as his club face a stint in Europe next season.

Stoke are in the Europa League as a result of their appearance in the FA Cup final

Blackburn Rovers are ready to spark a £15million auction for Phil Jones - and attempt to stave off interest for his central defensive partner Chris Samba.

England Under-21 star Jones is a target for FIVE top clubs, while Tottenham also ready to steal a march on Arsenal in a bid to nab Samba.

If Jones wants to leave. Manchester United and Manchester City have jumped into the queue for the star, who is also wanted by Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will offer to pay Jordan Henderson FOUR TIMES his Sunderland salary in a desperate bid to hijack the England starlet’s expected switch to Manchester United this summer.

Dalglish hopes to agree a fee with Steve Bruce’s club and reckons he is closing in on a deal worth up to £16million with the Black Cats.

Henderson is reported to be shocked by developments, particularly Liverpool’s proposal to hand him a £65,000-a-week contract, when he is on £15,000.

Liverpool have stepped up their interest in Lyon left-back Aly Cissokho.

Newcastle’s Jose Enrique was the No.1 target for manager Kenny Dalglish and Reds director of football Damien Comolli.

But they are baulking at the Toon’s £15million valuation of a player who is in the last year of his contract

Liverpool have now moved Cissokho to the top of their wanted list, with Celtic’s Emilio Izaguirre behind him.

On purely football abillity id have Bellamy over Downing any day

At present? Bellamy who scored 8 goals in the Championship this season?

Whilst i admit the mistake in selling him 5 years ago, he's not the same player anymore

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not many would have predicted that Cole would have been so shite.

No, only 19% of us voted to say we shouldn't sign him.

At present? Bellamy who scored 8 goals in the Championship this season?

Whilst i admit the mistake in selling him 5 years ago, he's not the same player anymore

I should have qualified my post better

However according to most pundits when he wasnt injured he was the best player in the Championship which I know doesnt say a lot

It's a crying shame Mancini hasnt fallen out with Adam Johnson. That's one English player I'd happily see us pay double his true value for.

Would love to see it too, but City will need players like him for their CL squad and it's unlikely Mancini will let him go. He'll probably be happy to stay and get the chance of CL footie too.

I should have qualified my post better

However according to most pundits when he wasnt injured he was the best player in the Championship which I know doesnt say a lot

Adel Taraabt, Danny Graham and Scott Sinclair have been the stand out players in that league this year Nick, hence the interest in them.

I cant think of one club who have mentioned Bellamy, including his own Premiership team.

Good player like, don't get me wrong, but not that good anymore. Certainly not better than Downing

Agreed. Ideally it'll be Young and Mata if I could choose. Never rated Downing and never will.

Young will be a Manc player though and not sure of our interest in Mata will lead to us bidding.

As stated earlier in the thread - these rumours of Modric going to the Mancs is gathering pace quickly, with Modric himself refusing to rule out leaving Spurs. His likely fee will be over £25m. With Scholes and Van Der Sar both retiring - they need replacing. If De Gea is going for £18m+ and if they do go for Modric to replace the snidey ginger one, then i just cannot see them spending a further £20m on Young. They surely don't have £60m sitting about given the financial issues with the owners, do they?

If Scholes surprising retirement is gonna force Baconface to find a new centre mid, it might leave Ashley Young looking for a new home.

I would well prefer him to Downing personally.

As stated earlier in the thread - these rumours of Modric going to the Mancs is gathering pace quickly, with Modric himself refusing to rule out leaving Spurs. His likely fee will be over £25m. With Scholes and Van Der Sar both retiring - they need replacing. If De Gea is going for £18m+ and if they do go for Modric to replace the snidey ginger one, then i just cannot see them spending a further £20m on Young. They surely don't have £60m sitting about given the financial issues with the owners, do they?

If Scholes surprising retirement is gonna force Baconface to find a new centre mid, it might leave Ashley Young looking for a new home.

Rumours are that Berbatov and Nani will leave. They'll probably cover the costs for Young and de Gea and they'll use the only money they have on Modric. They have been spending around 20 million net a season so that fits in with that.

Sure I read somewhere that Ferguson stated he'll only bring in 3 players this summer which also would fit in with these rumours.

Spurs are fucked financially. May have to sell Modric and Bale to balance the books.

As for the Mancs, they can easily raise funds by selling one of two players.

Don't think Young will cost anything near £20m. £15m or less given his contract situation.

Rumours are that Berbatov and Nani will leave. They'll probably cover the costs for Young and de Gea and they'll use the only money they have on Modric. They have been spending around 20 million net a season so that fits in with that.

Sure I read somewhere that Ferguson stated he'll only bring in 3 players this summer which also would fit in with these rumours.

Nani? Not heard that one. Where would that cheating, whinging, girly fuck sack go?

Sadly if, as you state, the figures and personnel are correct maybe they will have room for all 3 of them.

Still in my head, they'll financially implode and be relocated to Hawaii by the Glazers.

Nani? Not heard that one. Where would that cheating, whinging, girly fuck sack go?

Sadly if, as you state, the figures and personnel are correct maybe they will have room for all 3 of them.

Still in my head, they'll financially implode and be relocated to Hawaii by the Glazers.

Italy is what is being talked of. The fact that he couldn't get in the final side, or any major game towards the end of the season and got laughed at by the likes of Rooney for crying against us might've taken their toll on the cunt.

Even if they add these players they'll still be round the same as they was last year, as central midfield will still lack bite.

I think the financial implosion isn't that far off but we've gotta bide our time waiting for it. Better to over take them and then it to happen, I reckon.

Was just searching for youtube vids of muhammet Demir, as he captains the turkish u19 team in the ongoing elite round. Instead i bumped into a video of Muhammed Demirci, a 16 year old kid with amazing skill. Just thought id recommend that video as he looks destined for great things. Since all talents has to be the new someone, i hereby give you, the new Messi.

YouTube - ‪Muhammed Demirci-The New Messi‬‏

Sign him up!!

I think the financial implosion isn't that far off but we've gotta bide our time waiting for it. Better to over take them and then it to happen, I reckon.

Probably better off with them being in this position and than going under and getting sold. After which being able to use their profits for transfers etc

Can't really see things turning out that bad for the mancs if that massive bid for the club not so long back is true. I think the cunt owners they have will just rack up debt until they can just about cover their arses by selling the club, and the new owners will just pay down a massive amount of that debt. Of course with the debt they have and the new owners they're going to have at the same time there's no idea of whether or not they'll actually be able to invest in players too, but I can't see them going into meltdown. I guess in banking terms they're kind of too big to fail, basically because they're such a big club around the world with people ready to invest if things go really bad.

Accepted it's possible it could happen, but being realistic, probably not. There's probably several investors or groups of investors out there that will happily pay off hundreds of millions just to own them. The only way I can see them going into huge problems is if their next owners are thick as shit, don't have the money to back themselves or the club up, and start being stubborn by wanting to keep hold of it as the club goes into decline. Of course their current owners can do that, but with them being so successful probably not. Any future owners might not have that success behind them though and could be looking at huge losses.

I just think the Glazers will have the brains to know when it's time to bail and sell to the highest bidder instead of hanging around. Could be around the same time as Slur leaves and they have a first crappy season.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Dreams of the mancs going into meltdown are just that, not a fucking chance. One thing about that shower, is when players do not work out they still manage to move them on and get money back.

Sadly I think Young is going to them and a pity as he is pretty much just what we need, he really would improve us so much.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sorry, Moof. I missed this reply.

Ah ok, personally i'm of the opinion that we only need one pacy skilful wide player to slot into the strongest starting line up.

---Raul----Lucas---

------Gerrard------

Suarez----(new signing)

------Carroll------

I think we need the one quality signing there, maybe with a cheaper player coming in as well. Think Lucas is good, but we need somebody a class above him to slot in.

If Kenny wants Downing for the left then we'll get Downing. If he wants to go for a more 'flair' player then he will. We have good options in the squad to rotate players (as the last few months has proven). Though i do think we need another explosive player to bring off the bench who can change a game.

Yeah, I'm certainly not saying that Kenny shouldn't get the players. I'm just giving my opinion on the players we're being linked with. I'd disagree with Kenny on Downing, just like I did with previous managers bringing in Cole, Pennant, Bellamy - at least there's the excuse of funds on those purchases. Still, he should get who he wants.

For the defence it seems like Enrique is a cert so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I'm sure FSG are willing to spend the required money to strengthen our attack. Be that 30 million, 50 million or whatever i'm 100% certain that Kenny/Commoli has their full backing. Money shouldn't be something we get bogged down in, as long as we discuss realistic targets. Leave the businessmen deal with the money and let's just debate the players' merits.

I do deviate from there when funds are finite and we've got first team positions that need filling.