You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Remembrance Day

Malarkey

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The second image is from a photographer Stuart Mitchell who has posted a lot of stuff from both marches today so it looks genuine. There’s worse stuff on his Twitter page (inc monocle).

However there’s a lot of fake news around this whole conflict and I am embarrassed to have contributed to it. I’m sticking to the foodie thread from now on. 

Why has this been negged??

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

Absolute scum....

Some of the quotes in this are actually depressing - to think people are this stupid...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/11/far-right-defends-cenotaph-home-secretary-gaza-armistice-day-london

The usual suspects on twitter are just pretending it didn't happen and fuming at ch 4 for suggesting the palestinine march was largely peaceful 

The Hamas headband wearing incident (not the laughably untrue first pic that was posted) is apparently true. Being reported in the Guardian, which states that the Met are investigating. 

Although I wouldn’t necessarily agree with the caption of the person who originally posted it on Twitter: 

“London , today: Pro-Palestinians openly marching with Hamas headbands.”

It’s two blokes in masks, making out that they’re pro-Palestinians, but whose identity is unknown so their political beliefs and intentions in wearing the headbands in question are also unknown. 

Those two dodgy looking guys with Hamas headbands on have amazed me.

I know they might have been paid to turn up like that to discredit the protest and they're only two people out of 300,000+ and maybe they'll be plastered all over papers and other media for a while which is great luck for those wanting to deflect from the right wingers fighting earlier on and others wanting to carry on dismissing protests and what's going on in Gaza.

They've still convinced me though. Can't have Hamas supporters roaming around in our country like that, even if they are fake. Time to switch to Zionism. My whole life has been a lie.

In a march of over 300,000 people there were a couple of knobheads who will hopefully get nicked. 

In a crowd of a few 100 there were 90 arrests,they attacked the plod on several occasions,ran round the streets and gave nazi salutes and attacked the protest.

Both as bad as each other

Obvs 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Fucking shithouses 

Always hard when they have the numbers or are stacked up against mainly women. At least they’re on film so will be getting a knock from plod in the next few days. Can’t work out if they’re counter protestors or just Arsenal fans after the match.

Also, half your fucking team are foreigners, you twats.

• Like 1

If anyone within the million people who marched today for peace wore Hamas gear then fuck them. In 1 million people marching for peace you will get silly twats. 

Shall we focus on that? 

Over a million people today marched to stop innocent people being bombed. 

If you're against them. 

You're a scumbag. Yes you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5