You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously couldnt give a fuck who we get as manager as long as we play a decent brand of football. Pass, move and attack. Its simple as fuck but we havent seen it since Evans got the boot over 10 years ago.

Who the naswer is I have no idea. The easiest choice is rijkard but im not so convinced.

Can we stop all this talk about Kenny returning? The man has been out of the game for far too long and it would hurt us big time. I wouldnt want his legacy ruined with what could happen if he was given the job.

Short Lits i guess is:

Rijkard

Hiddink

Pelligrini

He brought Fulham back from the dead and made them a good, solid PL team and took them to a European final. You sure?

And has never, ever secured more than 59 points in a season anywhere. Some managers are excellent at a lower level but cannot make the step up easily. Furthermore, he hasn't won an away game in 22 matches and only around 3 or 4 total since 2007.

They should at leasy have a cv showing they can do well in top leagues.

Why?

Did Guardiola? Did Ancelotti when Reggiana hired him? Or Mourinho when Porto hired him? Or Wenger when Arsenal hired him?

This is a NEW start for our club. An experienced manager is NOT an essensial quality. We have one at our helm now, and look how far that can take us.

They sacked the first one after a week

Fact.

Yeah I said that in other thread. Not exactly ones for hanging around if they think someone is shit.

Makes you wonder about Hodgson doesnt it? They have said they are happy with him, but for how long will they take it if results continue the way they are?

At the end of the day they have bought the club and are not gonna stand that shit today for long.

I do get your point about the approach since Evans left. Truthfully, it has been a case of "pass OR move is the Liverpool groove". We haven't had a sustained period of both since Evans left. That's not to say his time in charge was an unqualified success. Far from it.

Why?

Did Guardiola? Did Ancelotti when Reggiana hired him? Or Mourinho when Porto hired him? Or Wenger when Arsenal hired him?

This is a NEW start for our club. An experienced manager is NOT an essensial quality. We have one at our helm now, and look how far that can take us.

Wenger had won the league in France i think. We're a far bigger club than Porto or Reggiana.

I can sort of see your reasoning but i'd rather someone abit more proven tbh.

Di Matteo would be an interesting choice. Paul Lambert is a name who will probably make it to the top, if not just yet. Rijkaard shud be on any list.

Whoever, I think we should start looking cus when a manager says, "I shouldn't take all the blame, look at the players" he is on the way out.

They suggested stability was a key factor- highlighting Red Sox have kept their coach since 2003.

Fact.

If you want another fact the reason that coach is there is because he is a winner.

NESV at the Red Sox have proven they will sack a coach or general manager if he is not up to the task.

A liar lies. If they get rid now, they'd have lied. Hence 'liars'. Lying come in degrees and with differing intentions- you made the comparison with H&G- to me it's absurd.

No I didn't. The original post suggested some might make the comparison. You seemed to be agreeing with that with your "well they would have lied.."

In your eagerness to rush Roy's defence you're getting confused. Not surprising - busy night for you on that score.

I do get your point about the approach since Evans left. Truthfully, it has been a case of "pass OR move is the Liverpool groove". We haven't had a sustained period of both since Evans left. That's not to say his time in charge was an unqualified success. Far from it.

True, our only really class defender at the time was sadly starting to pick up a lot of knocks. As an aside, Roger Johnson reminds me a lot of Wright. I'd love us to snap him up.

And has never, ever secured more than 59 points in a season anywhere. Some managers are excellent at a lower level but cannot make the step up easily. Furthermore, he hasn't won an away game in 22 matches and only around 3 or 4 total since 2007.

There's a chance that he can't. I see that. But we can't make an informed judgment after 8 games. What happens if Kenny comes in and doesn't turn it around in 8 games or so? Do we get all sentimental? At some point, you have to have faith in your decision. They've looked at Roy. They'll know all about him. They've promised him time- I expect them to honour that. I think it's the least he deserves. If a defeat at Goodison changes all that, it doesn't point to longer term thinking, does it?

They sacked the guy after a week? Did they promise to give him time? If not, what's it got to do with the price of fish?

Our new owners are actually in a hard position. They will be damned for acting and damned for not.

At the end of the day I would not consider them to be hypocrites if results continue as they are if they sacked roy, or implemented the release clause in his contract. They can turn around as say after much debate and consideration our aim is to create stability and a winning tradition at the club and after results this season, we feel its time to change and start a fresh.