You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I cant post links here as I havent made enough posts, but go to companies house . gov . uk and search for company number 06032200 and 06032198. Both registered in the UK. The only thing I can think of is they're going to bring up something to do with Wachovia, who, alongside RBS also have a stake. All be it a minority one.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas? Fuck me, Hicks literally has no bottom line, does he? This cunt will go as low as it takes. If I was Gillett, I'd take this as my cue to put at least a continent between me and the fucking albatross cunt that is Tom Hicks.

I've finished reading that article from the Guardian. Can someone set me straight here and explain to me, who exactly would those clueless cunts be suing for £1.6 billion?

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre, NESV and Philip Nash.

No idea how Nash got himself involved in this as he isn't on the board or anything.

Here's the paper thingy describing G&H's desperate court ruling.

It among other things mention that Ayre and Purslow weren't allowed to join in the board meeting where they approved NESVs bid -- too bad that the High Court in England TODAY ruled that this meeting WAS in the end, allowed, or rather, that G&H could not remove A&P from the board without Broughton's approval.

Liverpool TRO

"On or about October 4, 2010, Mr. Hicks received a letter of interest from a third potential purchaser represented by FBR Capital Markets ("FBR"), offering to purchase Liverpool FC for £375 to £400 million ($595 to $635 million). The letter informed Mr. Hicks that the potential purchaser would not need financing, possessed the funds to close the transaction, and intended to build a new stadium for Liverpool FC."

"Additionally, the Plaintiffs learned just days ago about another potential investor that made a similar offer in the £350 to £400 million range that was communicated to Defendant Broughton and another unnamed co-conspirator in late August. According to this investor, Mr. Broughton never responded to the offer. Moreover, when the purported sale to NESV was announced, this investor again contacted Mr. Broughton and informed him that the offer, which significantly exceeded the NESV offer, was still on the table. Again, Mr. Broughton brushed this offer aside without further discussion."

This is a bullshit allegation, Broughton always stated that his main aim was to chose the best owner for Liverpool FC, and that the highest bidder may not necessarily be the best candidate.

What a bitter cunt Hicks is. I doubt some injunction granted in a Texan court by one of his good old boys is going hold up in the UK. More humiliating stuff from a desperate man seeing his whole business career go up in smoke. I've no love forthe RBS but I hope they take his fucking mansion in Dallas........

And he has the temerity to accuse the RBS of a 'grand swindle'...........pot kettle and fucking black.

In his closing statement, Mr Justice Floyd said he would do nothing to prevent the sale of the club, branding the current state of Liverpool as "unsatisfactory."

"The owners do not have an absolute right to veto a sale," he said.

I think this is very important: the owners cannot veto a sale. This "case" probably has little basis simply because of this that Floyd said.

Guest ShoePiss

Can people stop posting the redneck judges email address? It could easily get some mongs into trouble, men in black swooping down on their bedsits, waking up in orange suits in cuba the next day.

From The Guardian:

"More on the jurisdiction issue. "If Royal Bank of Scotland does business dealings in Texas, courts there would certainly have personal jurisdiction over the bank," writes Daniel Stauss.

Elsewhere in the Telegraph Paul Kelso claims that "The jurisdiction of the Texas order in the UK was not immediately clear, but sources said the impact of the action could be to put RBS, which has considerable US interests, Broughton, through his role as BA chairman, and NESV in contempt of a US Court."

Liverpool FC sale: High court hearing verdict - live coverage | Steve Busfield and Jacob Steinberg | Football | guardian.co.uk

Even if this is to do with the US-based holding company, surely a Texas court can't have any jurisdiction on something regarding a Delaware-based holding company, no more than a New York or California court could tell Texas they can't fry mass murderers? Surely it would have to be an injunction from either the state where it is based or a US federal court?

Not an expert on the Yank legal system like, but none of this makes sense to me. Here's hoping I'm (we're) right.