You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson calls for Giggs to be knighted

RedEagle

True but to complete his collection he'll have to win a Uefa Cup and Super cup. (Unless United have won it before). Stevie and Carra just need the League..

Wales World Champions when did that happen?

Yeah, he's not won any international honours. He's also not won anything in any other country. He's only won most of the stuff he can win if he stays here all his life, no mean feat of course.

Who gives a fuck about a knighthood? Hearing them giving it all the Lord and Sir business to Alan Sugar on football focus was embarrassing. It's not the fucking fuedal age anymore so, whether the Queen thinks so or not, his name is Alan and Ferguson's name is Alex, and they can shove their Sir and Lord up their arse.

Has he got a chainmail suit, a sword and a horse?

Well he's not a fucking knight then is he.

What is about fuckin mancs and knighthoods?

Ferguson,Charlton,Busby(the only liverpool connection in the list and you can bet if he was at liverpool longer he wouldnt have got it.)

John Lennon told them to stick it because he didnt believe in it but these mancs love it.

What happened to professional pride?

Ian Callaghan deserves it more. Most of the so-called 'greats' among the mancs seem a bit odd rather than dignified. Giggs looks like he lives alone in a cave and only ventures out once a week to play football and kill, or rape, or both, a goat. Scholes looks like he's just left the foulest-smelling lavatory, and he's still feeling unwell. The two of them will probably end up going on a Moat-style killing spree.

As things go Giggs is about as deserving as any Professional Footballer, especially given the number of alleged thugs and rapists there are kicking a ball "professionally" these days.

But should he get a knighthood then it'll further demonstrate the flawed nature of what is supposed to be an award for those who should be regarded as paragons.

The list of no mark business people who have merely given sufficient wonga to get theirs similarly demonstrates this.

That ferguson is championing the cause should be enough for it to be dismissed out of hand, but it probably won't be.

In years to come, not having had the sword on the shoulder could be regarded as a bigger honour.

True but to complete his collection he'll have to win a Uefa Cup and Super cup. (Unless United have won it before). Stevie and Carra just need the League..

On losing argument there mate, United winning the Uefa cup would be regarded as slipping for them (aspiration for us now), as for the Super Cup, not so crappin super I should say. I've got a feeling all three players have completed their sets although SG has got a little time he must wonder now whether a league title (with Liverpool) can ever happen, I'm an optimist but I'm stretching it.

As for Giggs, too good and decent to have been a United player.

There is no doubt that if Bob or Shanks had been managing in the modern ERA they would have been knighted.

Like it or not Sky bought football to the politicians and Bob was never going to get Knighted with all the football violence going around in his tenure, it would have sent out the wrong signal.

As for Matt Busby I cant answer that one.

I don't really care to be honest.

An award given out by somebody who believes in the "divine right". Not only that, a person who is from a very much German ancestry who lays claim to the throne. Add to that the ridiculousness of hereditary succession. Also, the British Empire is very much dead and buried.

Should we really give a fuck what the "Queen" and her advisers think?

But to those who do - no, Ryan Giggs should not be knighted and Baconface should fuck off.

Knighthood shitehood.

If you're going to get Sir Ryan of Giggs then it's only fair that Sir Scholesy gets a go. Then Sir Gary of Rathovel. Now that doesn't really bother me, a cunt by any other name still smells and all, but isn't the whole thing just a distraction for days when the bingo isn't on?